Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've just noticed that when you Google "Beamdog" on Polish version the result you'll get is this:

rcKC3ha.png

I kid you not. It's a logo I've created for the Steam group and my avatar on one of the Polish forums :D :D :D.

Join this :obviously: group for better exposition: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/beamdogishit

Cael

Arcane
I've just noticed that when you Google "Beamdog" on Polish version the result you'll get is this:

rcKC3ha.png

I kid you not. It's a logo I've created for the Steam group and my avatar on one of the Polish forums :D :D :D.

Join this :obviously: group for better exposition: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/beamdogishit
Dude, the first result is "Beamdog - Great Games, Easy".

They are even telling you how easy they are, and that one word can be applied to cuckdog in so many ways...

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I gotta say, Beamdog is pretty awesome, I really appreciate their work for a few reasons:

1. Their updates allow me to play in 4k res (seriously 1080p looks TERRIBLE on a 4k monitor so it's horrible to play these old school boomer type games on my monitor..)
  2. The games feature windowed mode that can be dragged and auto-scales. THIS IS HUGE! Means I can have the game on the left side of my screen and anime on the right side going at the same time
  3. If you get ANY of their games on steam, they're compatible with windos/IOS/AND linux. Meaning I can play the game on a chromebook/phone/or desktop without needing to rebuy it
  4. QOL changes such as improved UI are amazing. Seriously try playing these old games on a modern monitor the UI will take up like 3/4 of the screen and it looks horrible, beamdog fixes this!
  5. The company is sensitive towards modern political issues, and isn't afraid to shit on the racist/bigoted right wingers. BIG win here

PorkBarrellGuy

I gotta say, Beamdog is pretty awesome, I really appreciate their work for a few reasons:

1. Their updates allow me to play in 4k res (seriously 1080p looks TERRIBLE on a 4k monitor so it's horrible to play these old school boomer type games on my monitor..)
  2. The games feature windowed mode that can be dragged and auto-scales. THIS IS HUGE! Means I can have the game on the left side of my screen and anime on the right side going at the same time
  3. If you get ANY of their games on steam, they're compatible with windos/IOS/AND linux. Meaning I can play the game on a chromebook/phone/or desktop without needing to rebuy it
  4. QOL changes such as improved UI are amazing. Seriously try playing these old games on a modern monitor the UI will take up like 3/4 of the screen and it looks horrible, beamdog fixes this!
  5. The company is sensitive towards modern political issues, and isn't afraid to shit on the racist/bigoted right wingers. BIG win here

2/10 but someone will probably still bite

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
absolutely masterful trolling dawkins. might've went in a little too hard with the :anime: reference but then, you can't just play it completely straight now can ya?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NWSync finally released: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-178.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition 1.78

Today, we are shipping Development Build 8186 to the stable branch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition as 1.78!

This is the very same build that was recently updated on the development branch and contains no changes since then.

The previous build (8181) is available as a Steam branch, so you can switch back if your favorite persistent world needs more time to update. To do so, select 'oldstable' under the beta dropdown list in the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Steam properties.

New Feature: NWSync

This update contains a major new feature called NWSync, which will allow players to easily download required content data as they join servers, without having to manually manage HAK and TLK files. In this first iteration, this will mostly benefit persistent worlds, as it requires special setup on the server owner's part.

For details on this feature, please see the source repository that contains all the needed tooling and links to the most up-to-date documentation, here.

Client Changes

Features:
  • We added a new console variable that enables a over-time FPS display. Type "fpstrace 1" into the game console to enable.
  • You can type `Gamma x` in the console, where x is a floating point value larger than 0. The default is 2.2. This value is persisted to nwn.ini (under a new configuration key). Gamma only affects the rendered ingame scenery, not menus or UI, as it is applied through a FBO shader, not GL/system-wide gamma correction.
  • The game now supports normal DDS textures without having to mangle the header.
  • The game now supports KTX texture containers.
  • The game now writes out all Aliases to nwn.ini even if the file already existed.
  • We bumped the default maximum texture memory to 256MB. Previous settings of 64MB are rewritten to this value. The new minimum is 96MB. The bigger-by-default texture memory should improve stability in some situations.
Fixes:
  • We fixed lighting uniforms not assigning properly on some GPU drivers. This should address some flickering and maybe improve stability.
  • Premium Modules don't show in "Other Modules" anymore.
  • Yet another crash for creature appearances with PERSPACE=0 has been addressed.
  • The multiplayer server browser now shows a progress window when downloading the server list. It also switched over to libcurl, which should prove to be much more reliable than the previous solution.
  • The chat window will not capture mouse clicks anymore, only scroll events. This means you can once again click through it to action the game world.
Server Changes

Fixes:
  • Greater Sanctuary interacting incorrectly with True Seeing has been fixed.
  • A rare server hang when a relayed player suddenly regains direct connectivity has been fixed.
  • A bug in RetrieveCampaignObject has been fixed that resulted in a double free issue, crashing the game. This was another 1.69 issue that was unearthed by us switching to VS2017 for the Windows build.

Vulpes

Scholar
Are you fucking kidding me? Is this some sort of joke? Instead of adding full party control, custom class support or anything a normal human being might actually want, they instead make a basic bitch mod manager? Shit, it's not even that. It's a poor man's version of Steam Workshop. For fuck's sake, how hard is it to look up what files are required, download them and put them inside the right folders? I could teach a god damn chimp how to do this

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-23-livestream-recap.html

November 23 Livestream Recap

Trent calls the current NWN:EE renderer rewrite “a reimagining of the renderer”.

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and studio news, talked about the NWN:EE Android Beta, and chatted with Grumpycat, a DM on the popular NWN:EE persistent world Arelith, about her experiences as a longtime Neverwinter Nights player and DM.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • It’s Black Friday, and all our titles and DLC are on sale on Beamdog.com and Steam! Enjoy these fantastic deals: 66% off Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and up to 75% off NWN:EE DLC! All the Infinity Engine titles and DLC are at 50% off!
  • Vote for us in the 2018 Steam Awards! We’d love to see nominations for Labor of Love and Best Developer!
  • The Black Friday sale is live on GOG as well! Get our Enhanced Edition titles and DLC at up to 75% off!
  • Want to be the first to learn about our sales, news, and more? Sign up for our newsletter!
  • Embark on your new adventure! We're hiring, and looking for a Web Developer, Programmer, Lead Programmer, Technical Artist, and Network System Admin!

“The Beamdog forum is my direct communication channel!” ~ Trent
  • The Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Android Beta was updated this week to allow cross play between desktop and mobile. Got the beta? Jump into a persistent world and let us know what your experience is like in our survey and the Beamdog forums!
  • The sooner we get responses to the survey, the sooner we can get to your feature requests. Please try to get the survey filled in before we close the Beta. We might keep the survey open for a short period after launch, but not long.
  • Patch 1.78 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition was released this week in the Beamdog Client, Steam, and GOG. This patch contains client & server changes and new features like NWSync, allowing auto-downloading for NWN:EE server content data.

"I make the worlds players play in more alive!" ~ DM Grumpycat
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is still awhile away. According to Trent, we’re waiting on a process issue.
  • We got a first look at the updated renderer for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition this week, and there are very interesting things coming down the line for NWN:EE.
  • The first priority for any graphics engine improvements on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is the new renderer, as it very likely will have a big, positive impact on things like replacement for the PLT format, or 2da editing. This is a complete overhaul of the renderer, and it will allow for multiple rendering paths (for PC and mobile).
  • One part of the rendering update is 3D. Toolset updates are currently being looked at and prioritized, but are contingent in part on the rendering update.
  • On the topic of server monetization for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition servers, we adhere to the WotC Fan Content policy, which means that you can create and distribute content as long as it’s free. You cannot require payments, subscriptions, or otherwise gate your content. Read the terms of the WotC Fan Content policy here.
  • Currently we don’t have a way to automatically synchronize your NWN:EE saves between platforms, as they don’t share a cloud service.
  • We have started to look at what needs to be done to bring keyholing (currently available in the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition) to the PC version. We don’t want to completely remove tile fade as we’d like both systems to co-exist.
  • We have plans to bring back the game type filter in the server browser for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
  • DM GrumpyCat has been DMing for about four years on the popular persistent world Arelith and playing Neverwinter Nights for around eleven years. At first, she was afraid of becoming a DM, but picked up very fast. There are differences in being a tabletop DM and online: instead of 4-6 people, on a persistent world there can be around 200 players, and a DM has to keep in mind interests and desires of all of them.
  • According to DM GrumpyCat, Neverwinter Nights is unique. On a persistent world she can start a story, disappear for some time, and then find all the spin off stories created by player collaboration.
  • If you’re a DM, let us know on the forums about your wishes and feature requests for the DM interface in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Deleted Member 16721

Thinking of playing Tortured Hearts or Aielund Saga in between waiting for DLC for Kingmaker. Any thoughts on either of these (or other mods besides Swordflight and Saleron's Gambit which I've already played)?

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Thinking of playing Tortured Hearts or Aielund Saga in between waiting for DLC for Kingmaker. Any thoughts on either of these (or other mods besides Swordflight and Saleron's Gambit which I've already played)?

you can try blackguard series you play as an evil blackguard and fight good guys

this particular beamdog enhancement is actually worse than original diamond edition if i may say

Bocian

Arcane
On the topic of server monetization for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition servers, we adhere to the WotC Fan Content policy, which means that you can create and distribute content as long as it’s free. You cannot require payments, subscriptions, or otherwise gate your content. Read the terms of the WotC Fan Content policy here.
Remember, you can't outjew the jews.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Calydon said:
What a cool nontoxic group of fun people offering their helpful advice and reviews. I'll totally come back here to participate in this thriving community because why wouldn't I?
Infinitron, I can't believe you deleted this. He's very angry about it on the Facebook page.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I play Diamond on my modern PC no problem. Before my previous widescreen monitor went kaput, I also played it no problem. This EE is an abomination.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I play Diamond on my modern PC no problem. Before my previous widescreen monitor went kaput, I also played it no problem. This EE is an abomination.
I mean modern as in no older than a decade.
Original NWN1 is painful to play in 1080p and pretty much unplayable for anything above that.
Anyone who says Diamond is ok likely plays on some garbage 15" gaybook in 720p or something like that.

Bocian

Arcane
Original NWN1 is painful to play in 1080p and pretty much unplayable for anything above that.
Anyone who says Diamond is ok likely plays on some garbage 15" gaybook in 720p or something like that.
Then tell me how EE solves this problem if there are literally two options, normal and super-huge. Besides, the problem solves itself when you play in windowed; I can't stand tabbing out of the game constantly.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Then tell me how EE solves this problem if there are literally two options, normal and super-huge. Besides, the problem solves itself when you play in windowed; I can't stand tabbing out of the game constantly.
Looks fine in 1440p, never tried anything lower than max ratio. If there are only two options it's not enough obviously, should be more customizable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom