Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I think I wrote about this. Yes, here it is.

Deleted Member 16721

I mean modern as in no older than a decade.
Original NWN1 is painful to play in 1080p and pretty much unplayable for anything above that.

That's how my experience was too. I couldn't even play at 1080p because the UI didn't scale and was too tiny to read. I like that the EE has scaleable UI at least. I had to play Swordflight in like 680x460 or whatever just to get the UI to be readable before the EE...

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I think I wrote about this. Yes, here it is.
Those mods are pretty much useless, I checked everything that existed a couple of years ago and none of them helped with the scaling issue. There was only one mod which made text readable more or less (not enough for 1440p+ though), but ignored the rest of the interface. All the rest are pretty much bullshit cosmetics. Also playing in a blurry mess of 720p is retarded, any resolution but native is shit for lcd displays.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol whoops: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_30.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Android Multiplayer Key Replacement

Due to an authentication issue with Android OS, some Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition owners in the Google Play Beta have been assigned the same multiplayer key, causing those players to be unable to access multiplayer features.

To fix this issue, we have added a one-time Google Play Games authentication step to ensure owners get a unique key that can be used across all Android devices you own.

In order to have a new key assigned, follow these steps:
  1. Sign in to Google Play Games with Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition active
  2. Access the Multiplayer menu
This will assign a new multiplayer key and delete the old one set to your device. This will only be required once per fresh installation of your game and you will not be required to remain logged into Google Play Games.

If you own a copy of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on another platform, you can add your multiplayer key to your Android device by:
  1. Opening your Android’s Settings Menu under Apps
  2. Navigating Apps: NWN:EE > Notifications > More Settings in Apps
  3. Copying your desktop multiplayer key into the CD Key field

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/11/november-30-livestream-recap.html

November 30 Livestream Recap

The new Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition main menu art from the Google Play Beta will come to the PC version of NWN:EE.

During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine news. They discussed the latest patch to the NWN:EE Android Beta, answered community questions, and provided an update on the upcoming 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack are 40% off on Beamdog.com! The sale ends Sunday.
  • Yesterday a new patch was released for the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. This brings the Kingmaker, ShadowGuard and Witch’s Wake Premium Modules to your Android device, and also introduces long-awaited achievements for NWN:EE!
  • These achievements will come to Steam in the future. We’re currently testing them via the Google Play Beta.
  • The current Beta build is a release candidate for the live version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android, so play it, test it, and share your feedback via our Service Desk and on the forums!
  • Baldur’s Gate turns 20 years old next month! Watch out on our Facebook, Twitter, newsletter, and forums for more news on a special contest to celebrate this remarkable anniversary!
  • We’re still hiring! If you’re a Programmer, Technical Artist, or Web Developer, check out our career page and apply!

“We’ve seen over 700 resumes. Send out your game demo - it can be a deciding factor in your favour!” ~ Trent
  • We’re waiting for approval on the 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
  • The portrait highlighting feature (i.e. when you pick a better item for a character, his or her icon is highlighted in yellow) from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear will be ported to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition as part of the 2.6 patch.
  • We’ll look into Spanish VO for the original Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II. If we can track down the appropriate source files, we’ll try to re-introduce it in the Enhanced Editions.

“When in business a game is called simply “a product”, it’s horrible!” ~ Trent
  • We’ve made some performance improvements and optimizations as a part of the new patch to the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Android Beta. If you’re still experiencing performance issues on your Android device while playing the Beta, try going into the Graphics options and turning off pre-buffer effects.
  • There seems to be an issue with multiplayer CD-Keys Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android where some players were assigned the same key. If you’re running into this issue, find instructions on how to fix the issue here.
  • The iOS version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is planned, but it’s going to take a while.
  • The new main menu art which you can see in the Android Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is created by Beamdog artist, Tom Rhodes. Find more of his work here.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition doesn’t have official controller support. Let us know about your feature requests on our forum.
  • We’re planning on getting True Type Fonts support, as well as some other features like keyholing and fine UI scaling, ported to the desktop version of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition soon.
  • Updating weapons’ and shields’ models for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is an ongoing project. The plan is to work our way through and make improved versions of most content in the game.
  • According to Trent, the new renderer for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is still “kinda research-y”, we’re still working on it. Cam is working with Niv and Soren to make sure we don’t break custom content in the process. Our goal with the renderer update is to take the existing content and make it better.
  • UI improvements for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will be a part of the renderer rewrite.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next week!

Cael

Arcane
I play Diamond on my modern PC no problem. Before my previous widescreen monitor went kaput, I also played it no problem. This EE is an abomination.
I mean modern as in no older than a decade.
Original NWN1 is painful to play in 1080p and pretty much unplayable for anything above that.
Anyone who says Diamond is ok likely plays on some garbage 15" gaybook in 720p or something like that.
Wow. Fanboi butthurt detected.

Go slurp Oster's ass, boy. You ain't getting any here.

Zeriel

Arcane
It's not like the EE even fixes the resolution issues. The sloppy upscaling they do of the interface doesn't look anywhere near as good as manually editing the original interface files in the Diamond edition. Looks like they're trying to fix that with Truetype fonts and "fine ui scaling", but as is the EE is just a downgrade in that area.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Released on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beamdog.nwnandroid

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/12/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launches On Google Play

Today’s the day, Android Neverwinter Nights fans! Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has just launched on Google Play!

It’s been incredible seeing the Neverwinter Nights community react to the Enhanced Edition. We’re seeing fans of the original returning to build new content and all-new players exploring persistent worlds.

Now, for only $9.99 USD, you can take your adventures with you and play with friends on other platforms, all from your phone or tablet. That said, we’re not done yet! Like the desktop version of NWN:EE, we’ll be continuing to release fixes and features to keep making your Neverwinter Nights experience better! Keep an eye on our social channels and livestreams to find out more.

Thank you to all the dedicated adventurers who played the Google Play Beta, provided feedback, and helped us finalize the Android release. You are awesome and the provided feedback will help make NWN:EE on Google Play even better! Everyone who purchased the Beta now owns the full Android release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play includes all the playable content of the desktop version:

The original Neverwinter Nights campaign: Find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.

Two expansion packs:
Shadows of Undrentide:
Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
Hordes of the Underdark: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.

Three free downloadable premium modules:
Discover over 40 hours of new stories in Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, and Witch's Wake, then go on to sample the hundreds of modules created by community members just like you.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/12/how-to-install-custom-content-to.html

How to Install Custom Content to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Your Android Device

In order to install custom content to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android, you will need a way to add files onto the Android file system. We suggest you use a desktop computer and a USB connector cable (data cable).

In order to view your Android device’s file system from your desktop device, please see the following Google Support Page: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9064445

On your desktop browser, open the Android Device as a remote drive, and navigate to the following folder:

Android > data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user

NOTE: There is also a “data” directory. This is used by the game to store base game data. Patches will overwrite or delete your modifications. Make sure to only modify the “user” directory.

If the device does not show any content, please ensure that you have chosen to “Allow access to phone data” when prompted on the phone.

Custom content downloaded to your desktop can be installed to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android by dropping files into the appropriate sub-folder:
  • Modules should be installed to the modules folder
  • Hak packs should be installed to the hak folder
  • Talk tables should be installed to the tlk folder
  • Override packs should be installed to the override folder
  • Custom portraits should be installed to the portraits folder
The directory layout in user mirrors what the Desktop version of the game uses. If any of the above folders do not exist, they can be created and placed into the user folder.

In order to import a save file, navigate to the following folder:

Android > data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user > saves

Save games can be dropped into this folder, and can also be copied from this folder into the desktop version of the game.

For hundreds of community created modules and more, check out neverwintervault.org, a fantastic Neverwinter Nights community of content creators.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Even Beamdog portrait packs have technical issues: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/12/december-7-2018-livestream-recap.html

December 7, 2018 Livestream Recap

“True Type Fonts support, keyholing and fine UI scaling will come to the PC version of NWN:EE soon!” ~ Luke

During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, the mobile version of NWN:EE, and Infinity Engine games. They discussed features of the next patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and answered a few community questions.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack are 40% off on Beamdog.com this weekend!
  • Web Developers, Programmers, Lead Programmers, and Technical Artists - start 2019 off right with a new job at Beamdog! Check out our career page and apply!
  • The 20th anniversary of Baldur’s Gate is coming up, and we’re preparing a special contest! Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to learn about it!
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition went live on Google Play this week, and it’s on the second spot in the current Top Paid Apps list!
  • A big thanks to all the beta testers who jumped in to play Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android early! Your feedback really helped the team.

“The work on the new renderer for NWN:EE continues!” ~ Trent
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will come later than we initially planned, as we ran into an unforeseen problem with the Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack and the team pack.
  • According to Luke, Beamdog’s expansions, DLC and addons should be considered canon in the same way the original games are.

Luke shows dynamic scaling for different screen sizes in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play.
  • We’re working on the next patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. New main menu art, achievements, bug fixes and features, including True Type Fonts support, keyholing, and fine UI scaling will come to the desktop version of NWN:EE with the next stable patch.
  • Achievements are already available in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play, and they cover the original Neverwinter Nights campaign and two expansion packs (Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark).
  • Pirates of the Sword Coast, Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Darkness over Daggerford Premium Modules for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play are purchasable through the in-game store menu. Once you do, they will automatically download to your device. Classic Premium modules are $2.99 (USD) each, and Darkness Over Daggerford on Mobile is $4.99 (USD). The size of each module is different and depends on the module: Pirates of the Sword Coast is only about 170MB, while Wyvern Crown of Cormyr is over 1GB.
  • We’re working on implementing a solution for multi-language builds of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition in the Beamdog Client. We're shifting to a singular core game that includes text for all available languages, with audio and video available as a free separate download.
  • NWSync will soon get updates, including auto-removing old manifests from clients when servers generate new ones, auto-reconnect users after a transfer finishes, and live-reloading resources from override.
  • Currently we do not officially support Chrome OS devices for the mobile version of NWN:EE. We’ll look into the possibility of adding such support.
  • Rendering skyboxes in the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Toolset can be implemented, but it needs to be fit into a queue of other Toolset tasks.
  • We still have a little work on decrypting some of the NWN:EE Premium Modules and cleaning up some old remnants of internal DRM that needs to be done.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Generic-Giant-Spider

That fat bald guy in the thumbnail would make the most bomb ass mall Santa.

YldriE

Learned
If I already have the Diamond edition on GoG, will I get any new content with the Enhanced Edition? I play alone and I'm not after unofficial mods, I don't really care about the other "enhancements" either.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You actually get less content with EE, you have to buy the other official campaigns separately for it. Don't buy the EE. That goes for everyone reading this.

hexer

Man, they somehow made the graphics even worse than before.
I remember criticizing the graphics in 2002. as a step back from BG series.
But here we are, 16 years later, selling it to Android users as the hottest new thing in town.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
You actually get less content with EE, you have to buy the other official campaigns separately for it. Don't buy the EE. That goes for everyone reading this.

If by "official campaigns" you mean the previously-sort-of-abandonware post-Kingmaker premium modules. The BioWare-made campaigns are all there.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Darkness over Daggerford aren't there. Whether they are "officially Bioware" or not doesn't really matter.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The game is receiving an overhaul of it's graphics. If you didn't buy it during the black friday sale, by all means wait until it's at a level of quality where you want to spend money.
I do think NWN:EE will come out on top as the superior product but it might take a year or two.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I played NWN so much as a kid, and I want this to be a success. Sadly, it's in the hands of Beamdog. We're nearly a year in at this point. No graphics overhaul like we were promised. No new content. No timetables for these things. Any new content that is likely to come out is going to be little more than a few trans NPC's added to the original campaign. Le sigh.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
>graphics overhaul
>looks worse

Yeap, sounds like Beamdog.

You haven't seen the overhaul yet.
The only thing posted was a unfinished Aribeth model that was a proof of concept for their new Shader pipeline.

but it might take a year or two
There's being optimistic and then there's this

Yawn. Hate on the game if you want but at least get your facts straight.
They've delivered on everything on their Trello Board when they said they will.
64-bit and the graphical overhaul is next in the pipeline.. which came after the Android / NwSync stuff both of which are now released.

If you don't think those features are worth it, okay fine but they haven't missed a deadline or not delivered on a promise. Check the Trello board it's what the community voted for.

I played NWN so much as a kid, and I want this to be a success. Sadly, it's in the hands of Beamdog. We're nearly a year in at this point. No graphics overhaul like we were promised. No new content. No timetables for these things. Any new content that is likely to come out is going to be little more than a few trans NPC's added to the original campaign. Le sigh.

Again check the Trello board. There is a timeline retard. If you hate the game it's fine but don't sit here like you're actually engaged in the community or following anything that's happening.. If you were, you'd already know what's going on.

I do think NWN:EE will come out on top as the superior product but it might take a year or two.
Even if, it'll be only because of the community's effort to continue modding this game.

Beamdog is hiring from the community to work on this game. The NWNX Team / Ossian are working with Beamdog. Take the most talented people from your community and hire them full time to improve the game.

It would be like Bethesda hiring the SKSE team to overhaul their papyrus engine. It's pretty smart actually.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Beamdog is hiring from the community to work on this game. The NWNX Team / Ossian are working with Beamdog. Take the most talented people from your community and hire them full time to improve the game.

It would be like Bethesda hiring the SKSE team to overhaul their papyrus engine. It's pretty smart actually.
More like HBS hiring that supposed Battletech "expert" Kevin? Shit piled on crap piled on incompetence, all covered with trolling, hate and arrogance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom