Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Beamdog is hiring from the community to work on this game. The NWNX Team / Ossian are working with Beamdog. Take the most talented people from your community and hire them full time to improve the game.

It would be like Bethesda hiring the SKSE team to overhaul their papyrus engine. It's pretty smart actually.
More like HBS hiring that supposed Battletech "expert" Kevin? Shit piled on crap piled on incompetence, all covered with trolling, hate and arrogance.

I don't follow HBS at all honestly. Is there a thread where I can read this drama?

Cael

Arcane
Beamdog is hiring from the community to work on this game. The NWNX Team / Ossian are working with Beamdog. Take the most talented people from your community and hire them full time to improve the game.

It would be like Bethesda hiring the SKSE team to overhaul their papyrus engine. It's pretty smart actually.
More like HBS hiring that supposed Battletech "expert" Kevin? Shit piled on crap piled on incompetence, all covered with trolling, hate and arrogance.

I don't follow HBS at all honestly. Is there a thread where I can read this drama?
The HBS thread in the RTS section. The first one. The tool won't know real BTech lore if it came up to him and punched him in the nose.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Darkness over Daggerford aren't there. Whether they are "officially Bioware" or not doesn't really matter.
They were never included in Diamond Edition, content-wise diamond is identical to EE, you lying faggot.
Some of them have been released for free by their devs though and those versions are still out there.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

The graphics redo is going to be huge according to Bdog. They're redoing the entire graphics renderer. I'll definitely be interested to see that. The game does look better on a nice monitor, too. Vibrancy and high contrast looks good and makes the game, well...more vibrant and colorful.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Darkness over Daggerford aren't there. Whether they are "officially Bioware" or not doesn't really matter.
They were never included in Diamond Edition, content-wise diamond is identical to EE, you lying faggot.
Some of them have been released for free by their devs though and those versions are still out there.
They were, I have them with my GOG Diamond edition.

Bocian

Arcane
They've delivered on everything on their Trello Board when they said they will.
Which is nothing. Stuff like 64 bit support should be there on release, not over a year later. All the improvements around are minuscule. Only thing that had any significant use was toolset overhaul, which makes the whole thing look like "pay us money and then make your own game".

Irxy

Arcane
I also have a Diamond Edition on GOG and those modules are not included.

Irxy

Arcane
They've delivered on everything on their Trello Board when they said they will.
Which is nothing. Stuff like 64 bit support should be there on release, not over a year later. All the improvements around are minuscule. Only thing that had any significant use was toolset overhaul, which makes the whole thing look like "pay us money and then make your own game".
Stuff like 64 bit support is completely unnecessary for a game which was made to run on 256 mb ram machines with 32 mb video cards, the engine wouldn't know what to do with all the memory available on modern machines in 32-bit mode and 64-bit support would improve pretty much zero.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I also have a Diamond Edition on GOG and those modules are not included.
Oh, wait, I got that wrong. I have the other premium models. Yeah, the others I downloaded off the vault. My bad. They still want money for something which was/is free and they didn't make.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bioware-premium-modules

Irxy

Arcane
Oh, wait, I got that wrong. I have the other premium models. Yeah, the others I downloaded off the vault. My bad. They still want money for something which was/is free and they didn't make.

Technically it's piracy since these modules were never given for free officially. Afair, Bioware has lost a license to sell them a decade ago, so they put their drm server to authorize all checks, also ignored all pirate uploads since there wasn't a legal way to buy those modules no more.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I do think NWN:EE will come out on top as the superior product but it might take a year or two.

It's already been over one year and there isn't an objectively superior product - even if you play MP.

It's a development cycle. Bugs are inevitable. Compatibility fluctuates, along with performance.

Take a look at the IE EEs. Lots of bugs 6 years later. Compatibility with mods breaking on and off. Framerate drops. The original IWD is more stable and maintains a more consistent framerate - for me. I don't lie about that or the CTDs in my review. Which brings us to this point:

Also depends on one's system (OS, CPU, GPU chipset). Everyone has different setups. Some people haven't had probs with Diamond, others have. Balkoth gets perfect framerate with Diamond in his Let's Plays, I don't. But now some people will have problems with Beamdog's version, others won't. EE has already broken some mods and modules. The EE has bugs. Shaders are slowing things down for quite a few people. I've experimented with every EE release, from inception to 1.78. It's six and one half dozen.

So I think you're a being l'il fabulously optimistic for the 2 year thing. We're looking at 5 at least. When they start on UI, it's going to get messy. x64 rewrite will stuff lots of things up to.

Basically, there is no reason to buy NWN:EE at this point. And after several years IE:EEs are still not the objectively superior product (game-imbalancing features, framerate issues, inferior aesthetics, fan-fiction lvl drivel etc.)

also not sure why you defend Beamdog, who try to sell stuff like this: https://af.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_faces_of_good_and_evil?as=1649904300

If it's just trolling for trolling's sake, a fly buzzing from this turd, to that turd, and then to the other (as is your proclivity in controversy), I'm sure you can up your game somewhere else, but not here.

Last edited by a moderator:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Weren't you defending NwN:EE at one point Lilura, hm? Saying it's good because it will attract more attention. What happened? In fact, I vividly remember you tagging all posts that rightfully attacked NwN:EE with : retarded:.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Weren't you defending NwN:EE at one point Lilura, hm? Saying it's good because it will attract more attention. What happened? In fact, I vividly remember you tagging all posts that rightfully attacked NwN:EE with : retarded:.

Nothing. As you can see here, I cover the good that's come out of the EE. My point above is that there is not much of it. Take it to task, if you can. Unlike liars and two-bit trolls such as yourself, I don't misrepresent.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper

Nothing. As you can see here, I cover the good that's come out of the EE. My point above is that there is not much of it. Take it to task, if you can. Unlike liars and two-bit trolls such as yourself, I don't misrepresent.

Last night after listening to some choice music I had a paranoia attack. My containment was broke.

I found it pleasant that the voice I heard agreed with me for once. Even twice.

Usually we determine something of ourselves, however in this case myself determined something of me.

"If to be ourselves would mean to be what we are, then we must be ourselves as we are in order to be us. If that is us then change cannot occur."

A change did occur. One that brought about me being myself which is all to inadequate and dangerous on its own.
But the risk comes in the changes I bring WHILE BEING HOPELESSLY WE.

My point is we should express ourselves not as we are and maybe best not at all when reviewing media.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Lilura No shit there's not much of it. People were saying that from day one. Meanwhile local NwN expert was seen repeating mechanically "aNy HyPe ArOuNd NwN iS a GoOd ThInG"... Yeah... You're just as gullible as anyone else... got baited by Bumdog HARD :lol:

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You think you know it all, don't you? It's "block" on purpose because I live in a block in the eastern bloc, you two-faced neurotic gorgon :lol:

Poseidon00

Arcane
also not sure why you defend Beamdog, who try to sell stuff like this: https://af.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_faces_of_good_and_evil?as=1649904300

If it's just trolling for trolling's sake, a fly buzzing from this turd, to that turd, and then to the other (as is your proclivity in controversy), I'm sure you can up your game somewhere else, but not here.

...That...That is just insulting. Where do I even start? Even EA isn't that bad. The most cash-grabby move i've ever seen a small time game company make.

But hey, ten years from now when NWN has some of the actual enhancements they are promising it might end up being marginally better than the original.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Do you mean Darkness Over Daggerford that was made by Ossian?

First of all they remastered that one by adding voiced dialogue. Second of all the module was repatched and overhaulled by Ossian who was the creator of the original premium module. You do realize Ossian studio (creators of DoD and MoW) are working for Beamdog on NWN:EE right?

You have no clue what the hell your talking about. The only reason that module was free and released by Ossian was because Atari renegged on their contract and they decided to give it to the community in a unfinished state because Atari refused to pay them. Lacrymas.. just go crawl in a ditch and end it. :lol:

I do think NWN:EE will come out on top as the superior product but it might take a year or two.

It's already been over one year and there isn't an objectively superior product - even if you play MP.

It's a development cycle. Bugs are inevitable. Compatibility fluctuates, along with performance.

Take a look at the IE EEs. Lots of bugs 6 years later. Compatibility with mods breaking on and off. Framerate drops. The original IWD is more stable and maintains a more consistent framerate - for me. I don't lie about that or the CTDs in my review. Which brings us to this point:

Also depends on one's system (OS, CPU, GPU chipset). Everyone has different setups. Some people haven't had probs with Diamond, others have. Balkoth gets perfect framerate with Diamond in his Let's Plays, I don't. But now some people will have problems with Beamdog's version, others won't. EE has already broken some mods and modules. The EE has bugs. Shaders are slowing things down for quite a few people. I've experimented with every EE release, from inception to 1.78. It's six and one half dozen.

So I think you're a being l'il fabulously optimistic for the 2 year thing. We're looking at 5 at least. When they start on UI, it's going to get messy. x64 rewrite will stuff lots of things up to.

Basically, there is no reason to buy NWN:EE at this point. And after several years IE:EEs are still not the objectively superior product (game-imbalancing features, framerate issues, inferior aesthetics, fan-fiction lvl drivel etc.)

As I already said (And you conveniently snipped it out - because it didn't fit your long ass rant's narrative) If you don't think the game offers enough benefit to you as a player currently, don't buy it.

NWN:EE has improved a ton of features under the covers, open sourced it's shader / material engine, increased asset pipeline and more hooks into the engine for scripting.
None of that is a benefit to players unless mod creators utilize it though.

So if you are a player who doesn't care about engine features or creating things for the game, the benefits to you are.. a checkbox that turns on a few image effects. However I clearly said that in a year or two, when the community actually utilizes those changes, it will be the superior product - also Beamdog is funding the overhaul of the graphics and is continuing to support the product, patching it on a regular basis.

NWSync already is a huge net positive over the standard NWN1 game. You don't need to download your haks manually, The game will auto fetch them when you join a Persistent World and it will never download the same file twice if I understand correctly (using some internal database on your computer). If you don't think that's a valuable feature, okay fine - but it's what the community voted for, it's what went on the Trello board and it's what they shipped 2 weeks ago.

If you hate the game - it's fine, just get your facts straight.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

NWN EE is a mess, framerate drops off a cliff over a 1-2 hours period of play and you still have bugs that were in the original. BGEE 1 and 2 I dont have that many problems with however and don't know of any mods that are broken with them. The new EE content is shit mostly but its only 3 companions you can easily ignore or you can even get rid of them with a mod.

That being said, I pirated that shit (RIP GOD) so I guess I don't really have a dog in this race.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Despite it all, i'm happy that NWN is under active development again. A lot of quality content came from the community and it has certainly lit a fire under the ass of a lot of NWN old-timers. I haven't bought the EE yet, because why would I? No enhancements have been made that are yet worth any money to me. But maybe Beamdog can make their living by selling premium modules for their fanbase who wants SJW fanfiction and the rest of us can enjoy the minor toolset improvements that come with it. But maybe i'm being fabulously optimistic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom