Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by felicity, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    The Aurora toolset is the last great thing Bioware did, so it requires attention.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Sherry Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Sherry
    Hi!

really? Really?! REALLY!?! The one and only Lilura is here too from the BD forum? OMG! <3 xOxO :hug:

If anyone is looking for Lilura to make something, check out her blog for Siege of Dragonspear walkthrough and see some top-notch quality for a top-notch game! Detail is what Lilura is all about!

I happened to get NWN during the GOG free Neverwinter Nights offer but have yet to play it. Such a guide for a new player like myself would be very helpful.

Some great work done felipepepe with the first part.

Thanks for putting this thread together. Once I have completed Pillars of Eternity White March 2 shall I read this thread fully and see what NWN is all about.

Thanks,
    Randal

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Thanks for the tips Karwelas . Anyone else who wants to suggest mods & modules, feel free to do so, but please add a short description of why you recommend it. :)

^ Top  
  4. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    You wouldn't believe which people actually used to be on Dex and who still is around, new friend.

^ Top  
  5. purpleblob Learned

purpleblob
    Just finished playing NWN: Tales of Arterra. I wasn't too impressed with it. First part was really boring and second part felt like copy/paste of IE games. Seems like the author tried to mash in BG/IWD/PS:T into one game. Not much originality. I much preferred The Aielund Saga.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. eXalted Savant

eXalted
    Could someone upload Celeritas Eos ~ Equilibrium of the Night somewhere? It is deleted from ModDB as far as I can see.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    ^ Top  
  7. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    The famous NWN Prostitution mod Stainless Veteran and Infinitron tried to sabotage and badmouth? Never downloaded it, sry.

^ Top  
  8. eXalted Savant

eXalted
    Exactly that one. Celeritas Eos ~ RPGCodex Drama Edition.

^ Top  
  9. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Perhaps Infinitron can find a copy in the Mossad archives.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. I have NWN2 on GOG. Should I skip the OC and play both expansions? Or should I just play MOTB? Are both expansions connected to the OC plot or just one?

^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Most would recommend you skip the OC and head straight for MOTB, you will not really miss much. SoZ is unrelated to the OC, and it's a separate story altogether. Nothing stops you from taking the same character through all three though.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Well, taking an epic level character into SoZ kinda fucks it up, it's made for parties at level 5.

^ Top  
  13. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Play MotB and SoZ, ignore the OC, if you start with the OC, you will be tired of the gameplay by the time the real goodness starts and the OC really doesn't have anything of value that makes it worthy waste your time with it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    There are actually 2 good things in the OC, with one being carried over into MotB. The first one, and the one carried over, is companions sometimes passing checks for you when you fail them based on their narrative personalities and skills, but those are severely underutilized. The second one is the stronghold, which is the best one in gaming history. Those aren't worth playing the OC for though, but are good to remember when developing games.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. [​IMG]

Please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    We've discussed this millions of times, it gives you meaningful options which structures to build (with quests and items associated with them), building up the walls and armies give you advantages in the last battle, you give quests to adventurer parties, you get more quests to recruit lieutenants which help with the success rate of the missions you send people to do, it encourages exploration to find the resources and people you need, it comes at a good point in the story and follows logically from it (you become a knight of Neverwinter), it's a good money sink etc. It isn't trivial is what I'm getting at. If you can point me to a better one I'm all ears (and eyes).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ^Just more delusional nonsensical drivel. The citadel is objectively worthless and adds only fluff, you can finish the game just fine without dropping a dime on it. :M

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Yes, you can. I never said you can't. It's even better with that in mind. There's actually a story with that, Josh Sawyer said that people hated having to deal with the stronghold in NWN2, and it "gating content", so they made the one in PoE1 as worthless and boring as possible (in its first iteration). You didn't provide me with a better example, sooooo my point still stands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    Therere two kinds of players, one who enjoy building something and see it reflect their action, aka stronghold players, and one who dont.

^ Top  
  20. But, that's the problem, what you get for investing in stronghold serves very little gameplay purpose in the world. It's a completely disconnected hub that floats within its own space and when its main plotpoint comes into play, all its features and build up amount to fireballs during siege and end-game slides. :M
    Your point is too specific to refute, stronghold is a stupid gimmick persisting from BG2 for no valid reason. There really isn't any good iteration period. It's a vapid mechanic serving no purpose but to appease minecraft autists and display illusion of choice, nothing more.

^ Top  
  21. Do I play Soz first or Motb? Do I carry the same party members over into each?

^ Top  
  22. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They're unrelated. MotB is better, so make of that what you will. It's technically a direct sequel to the OC, but so disconnected as to render the OC basically irrelevant (thankfully). SoZ is its own thing.

^ Top  
  23. titus Arcane Patron

titus
    I say the OC is worth at least a playthrough. Those mines are quite boring, yes, but other than that I had fun with it.

^ Top  
  24. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    MoTB is for storyfags. And skill check dialog, and item crafting. I suppose
    SoZ is for nostalgic old folks over lowlevel party combat ala IWD1-2
    OC is for people wanting to play stronghold mechanic, investigation, skill check dialog, and item crafting.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sherry Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Sherry
    Hi!

I have been playing Neverwinter Nights now that I finished Pillars of Eternity as it was free from GOG some time back and although I am on an adventure and in Chapter 2 I have already been collecting a list of fan made modules to try out next.

Does anyone have a favorite they could recommend? I have already been suggested to try these -

A Dance with Rogues
    Honor Among Thieves
    Darkness over Daggerford

I am using the website that links to those fan made modules to find anything and there is this site too I know of from someone on GOG - https://lilura1.blogspot.ca/ for some tips on modding the game but I am not there yet and I am going to read this entire thread from page 1 and see what else but I thought I would ask here but you can always just post under my status updates if you want under my account instead of posting here whatever suits you. Enjoying the druid class even in BG I played one so I am familiar with it so if there are any Druid specific fan made ones that would be nice to look for. Thanks for your help! :hug:

omg. okay forget that Rogues one I linked up with I just read this on one of the earlier pages so please do not recommend anything of the sort with this kind of content thanks.

Thanks,
    Randal

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)