Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Martyr

Arcane
s there always this horrible mixture of english and german in DoD???
What? nope.

fuck. so I can't even blame it on Ossian. obviously the german version of NWN likes to randomly translate single words into german while leaving the rest in english. :argh:

Sabotin

Scholar
I'm pretty sure the module is in english only as are most other modules. I've never played in other languages, but my guess would be that the german you're seeing is from the tokens used in conversations, i.e. where it's referencing something that changes depending on your character and is not explicitly written, like he/she, lord/lady, elf/human/dwarf/... etc. The module is probably loking those up in your german version of dialog.tlk file where all the base game text is. I don't remember if there's an ingame language change for EE. If there is, changing the game language should help. Failing that maybe try an override for the file.

Martyr

Arcane
I'm pretty sure the module is in english only as are most other modules. I've never played in other languages, but my guess would be that the german you're seeing is from the tokens used in conversations, i.e. where it's referencing something that changes depending on your character and is not explicitly written, like he/she, lord/lady, elf/human/dwarf/... etc. The module is probably loking those up in your german version of dialog.tlk file where all the base game text is. I don't remember if there's an ingame language change for EE. If there is, changing the game language should help. Failing that maybe try an override for the file.

that actually makes sense, because I get a lot of "Frau"s (=woman) and "Mensch"s (=human).

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I know people recommend Swordflight, but since it's not complete, could people suggest some lengthy campaigns that are cool and have an ending?

Sabotin

Scholar
There's a number of them, look through the thread...

Try A Harper's Tale for example for something normal. I was going through Lords of Darkness recently, if you're looking for more hack&slash slogs. Prophet series is also interesting if you can stomach your character's personality and are into more ethereal themes.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And if you would like to try Dance with Rogues, keep good memories and finish with Part 1. A great urban adventure with lots of alternatives to combat and tons of c&c.

Part 2 is mostly a banal dungeon crawl.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
...some lengthy campaigns that are cool and have an ending?

The Blackguard trilogy is a good choice if you are looking for very challenging combat and do not mind limited character choices and role-playing options.
The Aribeth's Redemption trilogy might serve if you are looking for a more story-centered series.
Marc Price's "Mid" trilogy might be worth a try. It is not as outstanding as some of the other suggestions made, but is complete and not too bad.

volklore

Arcane
Finished aielund saga. It was alright all things considered, but Act1 is still my favorite.
The campaign escalates way too fast into riddiculous levels of epicness as you maw down dragon armies by midgame. The writing gets worse as the campaign progresses imo, with the MC talking like an untitled, spoiled bitch to nobles, many modern language inclusions and sassy humour constantly being forced on your answers. I guess if I would advise people, I would say playing a 17 year-old teenager as your main char is the best for your sanity, the dialogue proposed really wasn't fitting my 39 year old illusionist :/ . Some plot twist fall rather flat because it seems the author wanted so badly for the twist to be surprising that it forgot to make them actually impactfull (Thinking about end of act2 mainly)
Can't really blame it on the author too much, it was written as a light fantasy novel I guess, and the ones I read weren't that much better in this aspect.
Still think the whole thing is a bit overhyped. It's a decently paced, rather intense adventure, but nothing out of this world.

Last edited:

blitzer

Novice
Hey man, “A Dance with rogue” is my favorite mod among all nwn mods

I always dream that one day I can see the the sequel and even better it will be remade to become AAA RPG (but of course still reserve ALL its adult content ;))

Jokes aside, even not for the erotic content, the story of ADwR is still very funny and intriguing.
Part1 is about a well-plotted city adventure full of surprise and replayability; Part2 is a typical dungeon adventure and in my opinion, it is a bit inferior to Pat1.
But both of them are definitely worth checking out.

I am sure you will love it!

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I always dream that one day I can see the the sequel and even better it will be remade to become AAA RPG (but of course still reserve ALL its adult content ;))

I know you are joking, but in hindsight there should be an audience for an AA-RPG with lots of sex, shouldn't there? And what I read about AdwR so far, does actually quite... interesting? I dunno, there could be potential to this, if you rework the second part or turn the first part into the complete game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For those who wanna play NWN2 as an warlock. An must have mod

• - Added all Warlock Epic Feats and Invocations. To know more read the feats section.
    (...)
    - Added Practiced Spellcaster as a selectable feat for the class.
    - source : https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/warlock-reworked-102g
  • - Fixed Warlock to have the right save DC on eldritch blasts (10 + half-level, shape level or essence level whatever is higher + Charisma modifier)
  • - Fixed all Invocations with the right save DC and right caster level (including Practiced Spellcaster that I added)
  • <<<>>>
  • - The Dead walk now works as DnD. It animated 1*Caster level (max 20) of undead and put them under your control for 1 minute. You can cast it as many times you want but you cannot control more than 2*Caster Level HD of undead. Those in excess will be removed from your control.
  • - Flee the Scene is now a teleport spell
  • - Word of Changing is now an hostile polymorph spell that change creatures to 1 HD ones if failed save
  • - Retributive Invisibility last 1 round/level as it should
  • - Added Enervating Shadow Greater Invocation for Warlock
  • - Chilling Tentacles changed with a proper GRAPPLE routine and it now works as DnD
  • - Tenacious Plague works as DnD now, it doesn't stack with itself and it's more powerful.
source > https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/warlock-reworked-102g

NWN2 vanilla warlocks are NERFED & BUGGED. Completely useless. This mod makes then actually useful and an fun experience. An screenshot

uf3IiPz.png

blitzer

Novice
I know you are joking, but in hindsight there should be an audience for an AA-RPG with lots of sex, shouldn't there?
Ha, I think so. Just look how welcome Witcher series or AC: Odyssey are. :smug:

And what I read about AdwR so far, does actually quite... interesting?
For me, the erotic exaggeration and humor peculiar to DwtR, which resemble Japanese ero-game I have played years ago (such as Sengoku Rance, Dragon knight 4, etc),
and its story blends amorous parody and classic D&D adventure quite well.
I admit, it is really fresh to me.

Maybe this is the reason I can enjoy DwtR very much and consider the adult contents funny.

Erebus

Arcane
Part1 is about a well-plotted city adventure full of surprise and replayability; Part2 is a typical dungeon adventure and in my opinion, it is a bit inferior to Pat1.
But both of them are definitely worth checking out.

Part 1 has some weaknesses, especially in its second half ; I remember a quest that starts with you being teleported to a different realm, and ends up being unnecessarily long and linear. Part 2 is very forgettable.

I think Dance with Rogues is only great when the PC is low-level, and has to use stealth and cunning to avoid problems because most enemies could easily kill her. Once the PC becomes too strong, the adventure starts losing its flavor.

Jason Liang

Arcane
ADwR part 1 has a lot of cool quests for example when you have to sneak into the compound to retrieve the painting, etc...

Part 2 has a pretty terrible underdark section (but then HotU had a pretty terrible underdark section as well) but the final dungeon is pretty great. Iirc being teleported to another realm is also in part 2.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So I saw Swordflight Chapter 4 was out and went to start a playthrough only to find my saves were all gone! So after debating whether to just roll up a new character or restart I started a whole new playthrough from Ch1 and I'm glad I did. The game is even better than I remembered - it's so immersive, detailed, and reactive. rogueknight333 must be a terrific DM.
I'm still early in Ch2 but I'm really looking forward to getting into the new material :hero:

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Could I get some NWN1 and 2 multiplayer module recommendations? How is the PoR remake for 2? I tried the EotB1 remake for NWN1 co-operatively and it was a slog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom