Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
This is the most biodrone sentences I've read in this year

Seems like a funny bit, reminding us how irrelevant the Game Awards are by telling us that not only was Dragon Age Inquisition nominated for game of the year, but it actually won. Totally forgot any of that even happened.

What an embarrassing way to kick off your awards show, by giving your most prestigious award to Dragon Age Inquisition. Do they do a reel of past winners like other awards shows, I'm sure that's funny.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Combat, exploration, villain, and something else probably too are all pretty bad (and that's an extremely generous assessment). Combat was MMO bad, exploration was pointless and meh (but there were a few interesting areas that they just failed to put good gameplay into), whats his face was super stupid and incompetent.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You know, I'd love to hear what makes Inquisition a bad game. It's fun, has some great characters(not Sera) and has a decent story. You get to take over castles and customize and name your weapons and all kinds of fun shit. Fun shit that wasn't really in a BW game before.

Above all else, the content. It's a crime they filled those incredible looking maps with almost nothing beyond kill, fetch, collect quests. The quest design is incredibly simplistic in the game, almost an afterthought, and grates on the player to the point of giving up well before he/she gets tired of the story or the combat.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I personally stopped playing when I was handed a quest to gather 10 flowers of a specific type. The questgiver was living in a house that had a garden literally FILLED with these flowers.

Mark Richard

Arcane
You know, I'd love to hear what makes Inquisition a bad game. It's fun, has some great characters(not Sera) and has a decent story. You get to take over castles and customize and name your weapons and all kinds of fun shit. Fun shit that wasn't really in a BW game before.

Inquisition has two sides that don't mix - the open world collectathon and the story-driven RPG. Every time the story starts to get interesting, the momentum comes to a screeching halt as players are asked to endure hours of repetitive MMO-like busywork well below the dignity of a king/queen, all to provide the illusion of content that the masses demand. The difference between those sides is night & day. Story locations have camerawork, a greater range of animation, choice & consequences, and better dialogue.

Rood Inverse

Novice
Ah, Dragon Age. I remember, back when DA:O was released, that it got some flak because people didn't think it lived up to the aspirations of it's developers and the expectations of players (who were probably looking forward to something like a new BG after all the hype that was built up for it). While I also agree that the first game fell short in some aspects, I still played the shit out of it and remember it quite fondly. Never touched DA2 or Inquisition again though after beating them once. I don't think it's me growing old because I still enjoy a lot of games, but after the last two games I'm not really feeling DA4. Are developers too complacent/cowardly/forced by $$$ to try anything interesting? Granted, we barely know anything about the game yet, but maybe I'm just not woke enough.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Inquisition has two sides that don't mix - the open world collectathon and the story-driven RPG. Every time the story starts to get interesting, the momentum comes to a screeching halt as players are asked to endure hours of repetitive MMO-like busywork well below the dignity of a king/queen, all to provide the illusion of content that the masses demand. The difference between those sides is night & day. Story locations have camerawork, a greater range of animation, choice & consequences, and better dialogue.

Agree. It's so disappointing to see beautifully realized maps like the storm coast or the hissing wastes be so devoid of content, or the capital city of the land reduced to a single small zone with nothing but shops.

Inquisition was an exercise in wasted potential, they wanted to go bigger without the talent for it. That's why it annoys me to see rpg devs boasting about the size of their games, when more often than not that large size is a negative trait not a positive one. The only modern rpg dev who manage to make a huge world interesting to explore was cdproject with wither 3, everyone else is just failing miserably at it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I personally stopped playing when I was handed a quest to gather 10 flowers of a specific type. The questgiver was living in a house that had a garden literally FILLED with these flowers.
This shit...again,i see that totalbiscuit lives in your soul. It is amazing how this retarded quest stays with people. Nobody complains about the shitty shard quest or the huge empty night desert,but go on for years about quest where you just have to click "here are your herbs" the moment you get it. Seriously,who the fuck will not have 10 of the most common herbs in the game by this point?!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This shit...again,i see that totalbiscuit lives in your soul. It is amazing how this retarded quest stays with people. Nobody complains about the shitty shard quest or the huge empty night desert,but go on for years about quest where you just have to click "here are your herbs" the moment you get it. Seriously,who the fuck will not have 10 of the most common herbs in the game by this point?!
I didn't.
Also the whole point of this is to display how much of a shitty MMO quest structure is in the game.
Quests of the type "bring me X of Y" are cancer in the form of gameplay

Cael

Arcane
Hey, man. Elfroot are worth lots of XP in DAO :D

YldriE

Learned
I recently finished Andromeda and during my entire playthrough it reminded me of Inquisition: sure there are genuinely good moments, but you have to waddle through way too much pointless cruft to get there. The environments look superb but the busywork is just overwhelming, and on fact I'm surprised people complain about the desert in Inquisition when it's the only area that thematically warrants being big with no content.

I still think the truely good moments are worth it, but newcomers should be told ahead of time not to waste their efforts in the side-content.

And of course it was yet another single-player game that's not too bad but would have been immensely better in coop.

Falksi

Arcane
Dragon Age Inquisition didn't even feel like a game, never mind an RPG.

It felt like some broken Beta version of early-development RPG. I genuinely couldn't believe the combat was anything other than a trial verson. Awful shit.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Inquisition was boring garbage and Andromeda was hilarious to watch garbage. TDWR teaser suggests boring garbage again. In any case I doubt anybody expects BioWare to be able to crawl out of trash tier this time... or ever.

:deadtroll:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Can't wait for EA to finally but a bullet in this company once and for all, almost 4 mediocre releases in a row and the future aint looking bright. Anthem looks as original as a cheap knockoff from China, SWTOR is sustained by fat greasy losers that like to gamble their life-savings on lootboxes and this, this will be the same crap as Inquisition and Andromeda, 90% fetch quests and ridiculous writing that even pre schoolers will have a hard time reading it.

SpoilVictor

Educated
I've never played Inquisition, given not mainstream reviews pointing out stupid MMO structure. I also refuse to give my money for that shit even if I can snag it dirt cheap on Origin. I remember how they claimed that they looked closely on Skyrim, but those retards in Biowaste couldn't even replicate what brought masses to Brokesda game, and all they figured out is more MMO FedEx quests:salute:.

DA2 was utter garbage, even if I will still insist that a few things they got right. Also sheer amount of SJW propaganda and dudes trying to pork my character every time I spoke to somebody really exceeded any tolerable level.

DAO I remember fondly, enjoying it for it was.

TDWR seems to be even more SJW infested as series always was about "diversity and belonging" apparently. This alone convinces me not to buy it. So it will be about diverse trashcans where it belongs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
System masters can win that fight no problem. :M

Delterius

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
most powerful NPC is a female who has a fight you're basically meant to lose
wat
the fight where you lose and go to prison, it's definitely the hardest fight in the game and really isn't designed for you to win(but it's possible)
when he said 'most powerful NPC' i thought he meant something other than the gal with 50 crossbowmen
canonically, she's still probably one of the strongest people you encounter throughout the trilogy considering she's a commander of an elite forces unit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom