Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
The thread died because we know all about Dragon Age we need to know now. It's going to be yet another hamfisted attempt to turn a once promising IP into a low quality, thinly veiled reflection of the developers wacko politics that nobody gives a fuck about. Been there, done that, seen the decline.
Which is my only real fear with Outer Worlds.
1546539922550.jpg

I won't be disappointed if I find their agenda in the game, because I expect it. But I will be disappointed if it becomes a preachfest.

imweasel

The Outer Worlds is going to be full of [insert SJW theme here]. The Codex will tear the game's writing apart and it will be glorious.

Bioware Is Looking For Dragon Age Franchise Technical Director With Experience In Multiplayer Games

Development for the new Dragon Age is beginning slowly as Bioware Edmonton has some new job openings hinting at the future of the game.

There was a brand new Dragon Age revealed at The Game Awards, but it was a simple teaser that just showed a logo and nothing else. The development of the game is apparently still starting as Bioware has posted a job opening for Dragon Age franchise technical director with experience in developing multiplayer games.

“The franchise Technical Director is the most senior engineering lead on the game team and a key member of the Dragon Age franchise leadership. Ultimately responsible for ensuring that we delight our players, they build and mentor the engineering team, build and execute the game technology plan, and define and direct the development process. They collaborate with central technology groups and other game teams to coordinate technology strategy and achieve the best results for BioWare and EA, ” reads the job description.

One of the qualifications listed for this position is “experience developing multiplayer games.” This is a recent job listing that was posted 3 days ago. The other job postings related to Bioware Edmonton are for Lead Graphics Programmer to work on Frostbite Engine, which is likely the engine for the next Dragon Age, and Lead Technical UX Designer.

A brand new Dragon Age was revealed at The Game Awards without any platforms announced for it. Kotaku reported that this is still early in development so it is highly unlikely that we will see the game get released this generation. If anything, this might be a cross-gen or full next-gen Dragon Age game that will release after several years.

Before the reveal, Bioware’s Mark Darrah shared a statement on the official blog saying that “While we won’t be sharing any details for now, I can tell you we have been building a new team around a core of Dragon Age veterans, people I’ve worked with on Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and some of whom I’ve worked with since the Baldur’s Gate days.”

https://gearnuke.com/bioware-dragon-age-franchise-director-multiplayer-games/

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Multiplayer?! If it's just Coop it might be acceptable... anything else will not be tolerated+M

Cael

Arcane
We already have the FO76 wheel of thumbs-up. I shudder to think what next gen going to give us...

Codex Year of the Donut

Terra

Cipher
I'm amused by the situation it puts nu-BioWare fans in. Given we had those comments last year that DA4 will be "heavily influenced" by Anthem it leaves the Bio fans with the choice of not supporting Anthem and potentially finally tanking BioWare or supporting it and having their precious IP be shaped to take cues from Anthem. Oh well, EA destroys everything it touches, this isn't anything new.

Perkel

Arcane
I'd much rather that Bioware weren't shut down. It helps provide a containment zone for genuinely awful people in the industry, and without it, they may spread to other development teams which are slightly less pozzed and ruin them too.

No when Bioware will shut down most of those people will move to mcdonalds.
They will sell fat acceptance there.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Given we had those comments last year that DA4 will be "heavily influenced" by Anthem
I like how it's influenced by a game which isn't out yet and, as such, it isn't guaranteed to be a success. Just watch as Anthem crashes and burns, dragging DA4 with it because they are the same garbage.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Influenced by an action game that's supposedly best played in co-op... yeah... I can totally see it.

What happened, Bioware? Can't even shill your "Bioware formula" to your drones anymore? Shamefur.

Didn't TORtanic teach them a lesson on multiplayer games that no one wants? If not, let me refresh everyone's memory...

People jerked off hard for that game before it launched. Then it came out and it was just WoW with a Star Wars tileset and less responsive controls.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Bioware Is Looking For Dragon Age Franchise Technical Director With Experience In Multiplayer Games

Development for the new Dragon Age is beginning slowly as Bioware Edmonton has some new job openings hinting at the future of the game.

There was a brand new Dragon Age revealed at The Game Awards, but it was a simple teaser that just showed a logo and nothing else. The development of the game is apparently still starting as Bioware has posted a job opening for Dragon Age franchise technical director with experience in developing multiplayer games.

“The franchise Technical Director is the most senior engineering lead on the game team and a key member of the Dragon Age franchise leadership. Ultimately responsible for ensuring that we delight our players, they build and mentor the engineering team, build and execute the game technology plan, and define and direct the development process. They collaborate with central technology groups and other game teams to coordinate technology strategy and achieve the best results for BioWare and EA, ” reads the job description.

One of the qualifications listed for this position is “experience developing multiplayer games.” This is a recent job listing that was posted 3 days ago. The other job postings related to Bioware Edmonton are for Lead Graphics Programmer to work on Frostbite Engine, which is likely the engine for the next Dragon Age, and Lead Technical UX Designer.

A brand new Dragon Age was revealed at The Game Awards without any platforms announced for it. Kotaku reported that this is still early in development so it is highly unlikely that we will see the game get released this generation. If anything, this might be a cross-gen or full next-gen Dragon Age game that will release after several years.

Before the reveal, Bioware’s Mark Darrah shared a statement on the official blog saying that “While we won’t be sharing any details for now, I can tell you we have been building a new team around a core of Dragon Age veterans, people I’ve worked with on Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and some of whom I’ve worked with since the Baldur’s Gate days.”

Dragon Age 76

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The thread died because we know all about Dragon Age we need to know now. It's going to be yet another hamfisted attempt to turn a once promising IP into a low quality, thinly veiled reflection of the developers wacko politics that nobody gives a fuck about. Been there, done that, seen the decline.
Which is my only real fear with Outer Worlds.
1546539922550.jpg

I won't be disappointed if I find their agenda in the game, because I expect it. But I will be disappointed if it becomes a preachfest.

I don't understand...do you really expect the majority of female writers in GAMING to be some kind of uber sexy ho's ready to slurp on your peens??? The frustrated nerd/lesbo/activist combo is all you're ever going to get....

That comparison is a massive insult to WoW, frankly

Oh it was nowhere near as good as WoW was at the time, for sure. But you could tell their goal was to copy it as much as they can because they thought they were going to poach a huge chunk of its audience.

I don't think any of the people who started with me at launch lasted past the first month, we all went back to WoW. The drop off was huge.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They worked on Baldur's Gate, you guys! Rejoice!

By ''worked'' they mean worked as dev maintenance: looked after devs' pizza, beer and cheesecake meters and made sure they were all at optimal lvl, toilets clean and shiny and devs' faces always in shape of smiley while blowing under table, blowing under table into firey hot CPUs melting under pressure of fast coding done by actual coders who never mistook algebra for province in Canada.

Random lost passerby looking for whore house who pressed 3 instead of 4 in elevator, cleaning lady which saved BG 1 from romances by unpluging power cord from PC before Decline faction led by Darrah & Laidlaw pressed save in Microsoft Word and pizza fetching boi all worked on BG and are more qualified to work on DA4 then this band of incapablers.

Bioware has been RIP for a long time. NecromEAncer makes its rotten corpse do Fortnite Flossing. OH sweet Lord, it's doing Fresh now! EA, you necro rascal! Never make it stop amusing us

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom