Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'd love to see Bioware make a game where every companion is a LGBT character, the shitshow will be glorious and probably more fun to watch than playing the game.

People always say Bioware is going to make it, but they never do, and they always tries to pander to the "straight white guy" instead of going full SJW.
There was 1 straight female romance option in DA:I out of 8.

There was 1 straight female romance option, but also 1 lesbian, 1 bi female, 1 bi male, 1 gay male. Every sexuality has only one character, except straight male, which get 3 for some reason.

Quillon

Arcane
I'm confused, who are the 5 straight female romance options in MEA? There was the white hair one and the turian maybe and?

I remember Cassandra and that accountant as straight options in DAI, who is the third?

And what does it have to do with "straight white male" and not just "straight male"?

Codex Year of the Donut
I'd love to see Bioware make a game where every companion is a LGBT character, the shitshow will be glorious and probably more fun to watch than playing the game.

People always say Bioware is going to make it, but they never do, and they always tries to pander to the "straight white guy" instead of going full SJW.
There was 1 straight female romance option in DA:I out of 8.

There was 1 straight female romance option, but also 1 lesbian, 1 bi female, 1 bi male, 1 gay male. Every sexuality has only one character, except straight male, which get 3 for some reason.
There was 1 straight female for males to romance in DA:I.
One.
The other one was a bisexual.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is always entertaining to see faggots trying to write a believable male-female interaction. Or describe the feeling of man's love to woman. Like a blind person issued with the task to write about red elephant.

Yosharian

Arcane
If you're a straight male, you have the following options:
  • Cassandra Pentaghast: a humorless religious zealot with a lesbian haircut and a masculine face, which was much changed from the face she had in DA2 which was quite feminine
  • Josephine Montilyet: an uppity diplomat with perhaps the ugliest face a female romance option has ever had in a Bioware game; also she refuses to have sex with you, and sits like a man
If you're a straight female, you have the following options:
  • Blackwall: a stoic, traditionally-masculine warrior
  • Cullen Rutherford: a charismatic, traditionally-masculine warrior
  • Solas: a mysterious, handsome elf mage (handsome for an elf, anyway)
I think it's obvious what agendas are at play here, but I'll let a random forum-goer speak instead:

I personally thought Josephine's romance was refreshing for this specific reason. Sex scenes and the overt sexualised fanservice in Mass Effect had a way of making me feeling slightly uncomfortable having said that it's a personal thing and I'm glad BioWare are being diverse with not only romance it seems but the complexity of their characters and putting consideration into how their romance would play out.

Well said, retarded forum-goer, well said.

If you feel tempted to argue DA:I was anything other than naked radical feminist agenda at work, you could be functionally retarded.

Yosharian

Arcane
As for Andromeda, the female character redesigns are evidence enough of the same agenda at play, regardless of how assymetric the sex scenes were in terms of content.

Yosharian

Arcane
You really think her romance is better in female-female version?
I have no idea, I just posted it because it's one of the worst pieces of romance dialogue I've ever had to listen to.

Mary Kirby, who wrote this dialogue, possesses a degree in Creative Writing from the Erie campus of Penn State University.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
they always tries to pander to the "straight white guy"
In Andromeda there was like one straight human female. UGLY straight human female. And shitstorm already was glorious because apparently her haircut only allowed for dykes.
Sorry, fucking retarded looking tentacled abominations and furries is zoophilia. There is nothing "straight" about it.

In Andromeda the straight male romance cut scene was better made than any other cut scenes in the whole game.

If you play a straight male you get 5 different character to romance, others has only 3.

Bioware are very SJW, but they still want to attract the "straight white guy" players because they know that's the majority of the market.
The moment you start taking into account romance options when thinking how to attract players, your game is definitely not worth playing.

Yosharian

Arcane
Josephine was definitely the best looking female in da.

Everyone walks like a man because of animations.
Compared to who, Bull? Josephine is a fucking dog.

And I'm fully aware of the reason for the shitty sitting animations. Funny how it wasn't a priority to put in feminine animations, isn't it?

A reminder for those who successfully expunged this monstrosity from their memories, or never had the misfortune of playing this piece of shit game:

latest

Terra

Cipher
Bioware are very SJW, but they still want to attract the "straight white guy" players because they know that's the majority of the market.
See, normally with a business you'd think this would be a fairly solid argument to make, but I actually genuinely do think some of the decision makers at BioWare have taken leave of their senses and believe their own bullshit about who makes up the majority of their market. As described above, the one "straight" option for males was bull-dyked-up since the the previous game and given a disfiguring scar for good measure. The fact that in their next game, ME:A, the straight option was once again a dyke with a buzzcut (with actual dykes wondering wtf was going on and complaining) speaks for itself.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
BioWare introducing romances to BG2 was like the pandora’s box of eternal decline. Sealed the doom of the company by attracting the worst fanbase of all time.

Jeru

Novice
No. But let's assume for argument sake that they are actually trying to attract such clients - then it seems that they're horribly failing.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've been watching the "Wha happun?" lists on these companies. Good fucking god EA, bioware and more.... holy fuck! Big companies are just fucking crazy. Soooooo DA3? Meh!

Dodo1610

Arcane
I am convinced that Inquisitor was written for a female protagonist the same way Hawke story makes more sense as a man. Even the Inquisitor on the cover looks like more feminine to me. So I would 't be surprised if the standard Inquisitor in DA4 will a woman.
Edit just checked the standard Inquisitor in Dragon Age Keep is already a female human

dfsdfwefwefsdvsdvsdfewf-460x215.jpg

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I am convinced that Inquisitor was written for a female protagonist the same way Hawke story makes more sense as a man. Even the Inquisitor on the cover looks like more feminine to me. So I would 't be surprised if the standard Inquisitor in DA4 will a man.
Edit just checked the standard Inquisitor in Dragon Age Keep is already a female human

dfsdfwefwefsdvsdvsdfewf-460x215.jpg
to support this, when I began the game, female gender was automatically picked

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom