Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Max Edge

Citation needed. Plenty of people would still buy DA4 in 2020+.

A bunch of old-timer Dragon Age writers are still at BioWare. Unlike Mass Effect, this isn't a big problem on the DA front.

Not main lore creators, like Gaider or Laidlaw They have few old second-leaguers, Weekes for example, and most of third-leaguers (Helper).

Dragon age frachise was never good.

But had potential.

Codex Year of the Donut
Citation needed. Plenty of people would still buy DA4 in 2020+.

A bunch of old-timer Dragon Age writers are still at BioWare. Unlike Mass Effect, this isn't a big problem on the DA front.

Not main lore creators, like Gaider or Laidlaw They have few old second-leaguers, Weekes for example, and most of third-leaguers (Helper).

Dragon age frachise was never good.

But had potential.
Hamburger Helper hasn't worked at Bioware since 2013.

Max Edge

Ok, I was confused by information about her work at Inquisition.

Anyway, still no old-timers.

Even if EA will pay Gaider et consortes many canadian pesos in this corporacional culture they don't create anything interesting.

Codex Year of the Donut
Codex Year of the Donut

Dodo1610

Arcane
I just wish that DA4 is more focused. Inquisition was about Mage vs Templar, civil War in Orlais, Grey Wardens(Why do they even exist outside Blights), Tevinter radicals/Darkspawn and Elves. Each of these themes only got exactly one big quest. And only the Mage Templar story felt fleshed out.
Even ME3 had multiple quests per conflict. They should make DA4 about the dread Wolf, Qunari and Tevinter and make sure each of these topics gets enough attention. Of course, figuring out how the Frostbyte engine works would also help.

Last edited:

Max Edge

I just wish that DA4 is more focused. Inquisition was about Mage vs Templar, civil War in Orlais, Grey Wardens(Why do they even exist outside Blights), Tevinter radicals/Darkspawn and Elves. Each of these themes only got exactly one big quest. And only the Mage Templar story felt fleshed out.
Even ME3 had multiple quests per conflict. They should make DA4 about the dread Wolf, Qunari and Tevinter and make sure each of these topics gets enough attention. Of course, figuring out how the Frostbyte engine works would also help.

I think they lost thier direction at last after second part.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The problem was not that they had those things in it,but that they didn't fleshed them out and focused on garbage things like collecting elf root. Having many aspects and sides is realistic. Most people haven't noticed,but the main story is very short,there were like 5-6 missions. They did focus on useless mmo parts of the game and neglected the core things.

Falksi

Arcane
They need a fresh start which is detatched from the previous games as much as possible. We already know all about darkspawn, dragons, wardens, kirkwall, rifts, mages vs templars, the fade, andraste etc. etc.

Give us a journey of fresh discover where all the lore from the previous games gives nothing more than a cameo. Weird monsters, weird environment, different races etc. It's a big world, give us a fresh start & perspective on a land not yet discovered.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They need a fresh start which is detatched from the previous games as much as possible. We already know all about darkspawn, dragons, wardens, kirkwall, rifts, mages vs templars, the fade, andraste etc. etc.

Give us a journey of fresh discover where all the lore from the previous games gives nothing more than a cameo. Weird monsters, weird environment, different races etc. It's a big world, give us a fresh start & perspective on a land not yet discovered.
Ahh i see nothing wrong with knowing about this things,also game set in the Byzantine empire could be pretty good. But we will get some sjw drivel where patriarchy is evul while the noble muslim qun are great lovers of freedom etc etc. DA games were never about exploration,if that is what you like then go play PB games like gothic.

Falksi

Arcane

Ahh i see nothing wrong with knowing about this things,also game set in the Byzantine empire could be pretty good. But we will get some sjw drivel where patriarchy is evul while the noble muslim qun are great lovers of freedom etc etc. DA games were never about exploration,if that is what you like then go play PB games like gothic.

Not asking for exploration, just fresh elements & a detatchment from the previous trilogy. Could be structured exactly like Origins and there still be a whole new world to discover via conversations, environments & codex entries

J1M

Arcane
Josephine was definitely the best looking female in da.

Everyone walks like a man because of animations.
Compared to who, Bull? Josephine is a fucking dog.

And I'm fully aware of the reason for the shitty sitting animations. Funny how it wasn't a priority to put in feminine animations, isn't it?

A reminder for those who successfully expunged this monstrosity from their memories, or never had the misfortune of playing this piece of shit game:

latest
I thought it was pretty obvious that Joseph was a tranny/shemale/crossdresser/whatever they've decided is now politically correct.

J1M

Arcane
Also, with regards to Mass Effect, how is it considered straight sex to sleep with a blue single-gender alien species. You'd need a new word to accurately describe that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Not asking for exploration, just fresh elements & a detatchment from the previous trilogy. Could be structured exactly like Origins and there still be a whole new world to discover via conversations, environments & codex entries
Yeah mate,i get you. Still it is not that type of game,it is a game the builds up fandom over its lore and characters. It is like asking people to move away from Faerun because it got stale and all the lore is a clusterfuck of generational retardation.

Max Edge

Also, with regards to Mass Effect, how is it considered straight sex to sleep with a blue single-gender alien species. You'd need a new word to accurately describe that.

Bluewomanfromspace?

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's zoophilia. You don't need new words.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Because they have tits.

At least that's what they appear to be. In reality they may be just a bunch of tentacles with high level telepathy. Forget Tali, seeing the real Asari should've been the real reveal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom