Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Earthworm Jim by the original team coming exclusively to the Intellivision Amico

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

:what:

Yes, it's that Tommy Tallarico. For those who somehow don't know what the upcoming revolutionary Intellivision Amico is:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Most every game being made for the home consoles these days is created with only the hardcore gamer in mind. We see a world where everyone is interested in playing at home and with friends, but this isn’t currently possible because the barrier to entry is nearly impossible for a non-gamer due to the complexity of the controllers, intricacy of gameplay, expense of the hardware and software and steep learning curve with an unbalanced fun factor for the beginner.
:what:

Morkar Left

They can't compete with the Switch. The awitch is the casual, mainstream and family friendly console of today. And it's a pretty good one. Everything more casual is played on a mobile / tablet. Which already everyone has. As much as I like the idea and have sympathy for it I doubt it will be successfull and just become another shovelware console lost in history.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I laughed at not knowing what this machine is, and then I laughed harder at the "console games are too complicated" line. Waiting for the hat trick where he says Earthworm Jim kinda sucks and he's not sure why they're making another one.

lightbane

Arcane
They didn't have enough defiling Sonic again, but now they had to resurrect a 90s character no-one else remembered anymore.

Silentstorm

Learned
Huh, didn't know about this console and Earthworm Jim coming back, they seem to be taking this a bit more seriously than Atari who are also making a new console and it doesn't seem to be just another Android console, but i don't see this being bigger than the Ouya or that much bigger, and Earthworm Jim isn't exactly a household name anymore.

And speaking as a PC gamer, if i were to buy a console, it sure as hell wouldn't be the Amico so far, it would be the Switch at this point.

Irata

Scholar
Intellivision? I'll give them credit if they release it with the original joystick.

Silentstorm

Learned
Intellivision? I'll give them credit if they release it with the original joystick.
Nah, it's a new console with new controllers, and it seems to be the console that will attract casuals to it, because Switch hasn't been doing that already i guess.

Silentstorm

Learned
It's a Catch-22 situation honestly, if they remove Tenapel, many people will be angry as he was involved in the project, if they don't, same thing but because people don't like him and his opinions, no matter what they do, there will be people who are angry.

Honestly, the worst fact is that this seems to be an exclusive to the Intellivision Amico, which doesn't seem all that great, particularly after the people behind it are stating that modern games are too hard for people to get into when Switch and mobiles are a thing, and i doubt that many people will buy the console to begin with.

Compared to the system of choice, one controversial member is the least of their problems in my opinion, also, i accept that all journalism is biased, people aren't robots and even the best journalists that ever existed had their biases if you look hard enough, but maybe, i don't know, just maybe don't announce to the whole world you can't be unbiased or will negatively judge the game for one single member of the team?

While biases are unavoidable, it's still a really stupid thing to say to everyone, some things are better left unsaid unless you want to come across as stupid and incompetent.

Astral Rag

Arcane
4c165adac81dfde275c6a94e5333b924787a7daf83ec80b00fcfb2e9ba2426f1.jpg

Because modern AAA gamers are going to put down the Mountain Dew and shut down Fortnite to play games like these:

People who are interested in playing Intellivision games are the same people who know about emulators. I certainly wouldn't pay a single dollar to play Pong or Frogger or other ex-abandonware.

The Earthworm Jim game will come out on PC soon enough once they realise they won't sell more than a handful of copies otherwise or do they really think a new Earthworm Jim is going to be a system seller in the current year :lol:

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And speaking as a PC gamer, if i were to buy a console, it sure as hell wouldn't be the Amico so far, it would be the Switch at this point.

As a PC gamer with a Switch I can tell you I played through Zelda and it was good, and then pretty much everything else has been a waste of money.

Silentstorm

Learned
Heck, i can't remember the last time i played Earthworm Jim, i did play it decades ago, and it was popular enough to get a cartoon, true, but it was never Sonic or Mario big and i never felt like going back to play the first two games for some reason, so i don't see this being a system seller, then again, the Amico trailer says it will have 20 exclusive games on launch, so maybe they hope one of the other 19 games will be the killer app?

Oh, and TeNapel, no matter what you think of him, there is a section of gamers who really hate him, maybe enough to not buy the game or leave bad reviews of the game, the same could be said otherwise, though, but it's not a good thing having someone controversial working on the game when you are attempting to sell a new game for a brand new console.

But, so far, i am guessing that the Amico will be a failure just like Ouya and that it's games will end up being on other systems, i bet that after a few years this game will be on PC in case someone really missed Earthworm Jim, honestly, there are other platformer characters i would rather see come back, Commander Keen for instance, hell, i think i would prefer a Duke Nukem platformer over Earthworm Jim.

Swigen

Arbiter
Smart move on Intellivision’s part, remember all the Playstations Sony sold ‘cause of Earthworm Jim 3D?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom