Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Expeditions Series Ideas

almondblight

Arcane
Whatever it is, I hope they use a map like the one in the mobile version:

c8fca9a6-d88a-42ee-9b7d-44d071cd2f38

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Expeditions 40K: Rogue Trader

I'm an unoriginal cunt, sue me

There is a mobile version?
Yeah, the original game was on mobile. Much less sophisticated than the new version, though. I don't think it even had tactical battles.

pippin

I'd actually like to see all those weird creatures the conquistadores thought they were going to find in the Americas. Even the craziest d&d monsters pale in comparison.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, there you are. Expeditions: Conquistador! Best time I've had in an RPG in a long time.

I only brought 12,000 valuables back to Spain because I couldn't be troubled to grab the stash in my fortress. The king was angry that I had gotten a 15x return on the original 800 valuable investment (assuming he was the one who gave it to me) plus a bunch of new trade routes. The takeaway from this game is that the Spanish monarchy is the EA of the Age of Discovery.

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Expeditions: Aguirre.

Go crazy in the jungle, kill half your men and rebel against the crown. Romance your own daugther for a 5$ DLC.

I was waiting the entire game to appoint that one fat scholar wearing the crown as the King of Spain and wander far, far south from Mexico on flimsy promises of treasure.

Oh, and if she's DLC, NO SALE!

But seriously, it'll probably be South America somewhere. But it totally should be Canada, there's all sorts of exciting things there! You could even choose between interesting factions like the Hudson's Bay Company or the Northwest Company. Trade bathtub liquor to alcohol addicted Indians for furs! Sounds like a good time!

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh, yeah. I forgot what somebody else said once: Expeditions: Anabasis, a retelling of Xenophon's account of 10,000 Greek mercenaries fleeing across Asia Minor to escape the Persian Empire after they executed the Greek commanders. That's narrative is full of stuff consistent with the Expeditions theme.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom