Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New level of autism: Modders are using AI to enhance Morrowind original textures, result is amazing

a16.jpg
Hmm... this bears a passing resemblance to artwork by Louis Wain:
schizophrenic-cat-1.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention that Louis Wain developed psychosis and you can see how when he had periods that his symptoms became worse it influenced his work.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I still prefere the watercolor textures for Morrowind:

43375-4-1475445500.jpg

At least there's an artist intent behind it that leads to a cohesive and interesting look, that fits with the "muddy" atmosphere of Morrowind, not a bunch of randomly added noise and sharpness.
I'd like to see someone run those ESRGAN textures through the watercolor filter that he uses in GIMP. Sounds counter intuitive but it might result in a nice effect.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Like every other technology, it depends on its application. Certain games could benefit, others may not. May also be used in realtime texture upscaling to conserve memory since neural AI can run p.fast in realtime, all it does is a matrix transformation during runtime (not training).

So it depends on where and when. Much like the average Codexian. King in GD, shit everywhere else.

deama

Prophet
There's a nice software out, I think it's the best one so far and it's much faster than all the others I've used:
https://topazlabs.com/downloads#gigapixel (scroll all the way down to gigapixel).
Sadly you either have to buy it or use the 30 day free trial, am waiting for a crack patiently.

deama

Prophet

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I hope and pray this brings us another step closer to a modern styled 3d gen daggerfall.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm... this bears a passing resemblance to artwork by Louis Wain:
schizophrenic-cat-1.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention that Louis Wain developed psychosis and you can see how when he had periods that his symptoms became worse it influenced his work.
those louis wain cats looks like a jrpg final boss forms

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom