Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New NWN premium module availible for purchase

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a> have just revealed the latest in their series of Neverwinter Nights premium modules: <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_infinitedungeons.html>Infinite Dungeons</a>. You can go and buy it at the BioWare store on the 24th.<blockquote>You've journeyed to Waterdeep to explore Undermountain, the most famous dungeon in all of the Forgotten Realms. According to the legends, there's treasure to be won, puzzles to be solved, and a mystery that will lead you ever deeper… But the legends never told you how deep it truly went.
<br>
<br>
Infinite Dungeons provides randomly generated adventures for characters of every level. Play with your friends or compete against your adversaries. If you dare, you can play alone. In the end, it all comes down to one question: Are you brave enough?</blockquote>As a corollary to that infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters yeilding the complete works of Shakespeare idea, could an infinite amount of NWN eventually produce an actual good RPG? Someone fire up the supercomputer so we can find out.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>burrie</b> for the heads up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Uum.. I wouldn't exactly call this moudle a role-playing game. It's very combat oriented.. the joinable sare 100% meat puppets, and non combat skills are used infrequently supposedly. There's, of course, a story; but don't expect it to be focus.

I doubt 99% of the Codexers would come close to likeing this mod simply ebcause the combat is the focus and you guys all whine about 'how horrible the Aurora combat is'. :roll:

Then again, you guys are known for your stupidity so who knows.

Jon

Scholar
Volourn said:
I doubt 99% of the Codexers would come close to likeing this mod simply ebcause the combat is the focus and you guys all whine about 'how horrible the Aurora combat is'. :roll:

Well I might have played it to see if it had a roguelike feel, but, er, Nethack has better combat than NWN so i'll stick with that :wink:

Thrawn05

Scholar
Volourn said:

Because I rather have some control of my character instead of the computer doing all the work? If I want to sit back and watch combat with vaporized enemies, I’d watched Ricky-O or something along those lines.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Because I rather have some control of my character instead of the computer doing all the work?"

That's the way any good RPG does it. Your play your character; but the character actually does the action. ie.. in FO, I select to attaempt to blow the head off a mutant so I click the called shot on hea db utton and my character (the game) does the actual shot.

Game over.

"So is bioware up to like 5 rpg modules? In 4 years? Fuckin amazing, your the best BIOWARE."

You do realzie that NWN PM aren't their main focus right? That they have a handful of guys only working on' em? I say one thing - 5 moDules in 4 years is much more than the 0 games inb a billion years that Troika will ever make most likely.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!@!!

P.S. It's ncie to see the Codex still pimping on behalf of NWN after all these years! It nearly brings a single glass tear down my cheek. :lol:

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
I'll be trying it out regardless as I'm getting a free copy. :D
Randomly generated dungeons aren't my first choice in an RPG, but they do allow for a novelty factor that helps with replayability. And if they add random generation capability to the toolset then that is one more feature that module builders can make use of.

Jon

Scholar
POOPERSCOOPER said:
So is bioware up to like 5 rpg modules? In 4 years? Fuckin amazing, your the best BIOWARE.

Are Bioware even making these modules? I thought they had hired makers of successful free mods to build them.

tuss

Novice
kingcomrade said:
Hot damn I'm going to go get my wallet and look at the money I'm going to save by not buying this waste.

whaat? not spending mony on a randomly generated dungeon for nwn... :shock:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Actually, this is the first module for NWN I've seen that actually peaked my interest. It'd also be a nice feature to include in NWN2.

bryce777

Erudite
Thrawn05 said:
Volourn said:

Because I rather have some control of my character instead of the computer doing all the work? If I want to sit back and watch combat with vaporized enemies, I’d watched Ricky-O or something along those lines.

I LOVE that movie. I thought I was the only one in the world with a copy.

burrie

Scholar
Jed said:
I wonder if they'll ever finish the Witch's Wake series...
Apparantly, they ran into some troubles with Atari and WotC who wants them to only create Premium Modules that are set in the Forgotten Realms from now on. So the chances of an official continuation are pretty slim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom