Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rune II: Decapitation Edition - abandoned by Human Head Studios, still causing drama

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.rune2.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rune-2/home

From birth, the children of the North hear tales of the end of the world. A battle so great the gods fall and the Nine Worlds are consumed by frost and fire. But these tales are false. The gods did not perish. For seven years our worlds have been devoured by death and destruction. Now, mankind must rise and do what the gods could not. Ragnarok must end.

The Gods Shall Fall.

For insider information on surviving the end of days, join us on;
Facebook: www.facebook.com/playruneragnarok
Website/Mailing List: www.runeragnarok.com
Twitter: @HumanHeadGames, #RuneRagnarok

---

Human Head Studios is excited to announce Rune: Ragnarok, a sandbox, open-world RPG. Set in a dangerous universe where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive, Rune: Ragnarok combines brutal melee combat with rich, Norse-inspired mythology. For more information on Human Head Studios, check out www.humanhead.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm excited even though they call it a sandbox open-world RPG. But it's gonna suck balls if the gore doesn't make a return.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My ideal Rune sequel would take a hefty around of inspiration from the Souls series. Basically, more fast-paced, Norse themed Souls game.
We shall see what thy have in store.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh boy :bounce:

COVERBILD_ger.jpg

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sega's "Viking" from the early days of Xbox 360 felt like an attempt at more open Rune sequel, tho it wasn't very good.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My ideal Rune sequel would take a hefty around of inspiration from the Souls series. Basically, more fast-paced, Norse themed Souls game.
What manner of unwashed pleb would want it to be inspired from the Souls series, when it could benefit from imbibing more of Blade of Darkness and the goddamn original?

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What manner of unwashed pleb would want it to be inspired from the Souls series, when it could benefit from imbibing more of Blade of Darkness and the goddamn original?
Funny thing is that, if you played Blade of Darkness, you would have knew that its combat is basically less refined Demon's Souls... Yet you phrased that post as if you are speaking of exact opposite to Souls games.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny thing is that, if you played Blade of Darkness, you would have knew that its combat is basically less refined Demon's Souls... Yet you phrased that post as if you are speaking of exact opposite to Souls games.
I don't know about Demon's Souls, but I've played Dark Souls and I prefer Severance over it. Dark Souls has this sense of slowness that Severance doesn't. And how are the Souls games "more-refined" if you can't decapitate a bloke and throw his head at another bloke?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The original Rune wasn't bad. From what I remember it was mostly a somewhat confusing but charming third person hack'n'slash with dungeon crawler elements. Somewhat like Arx Fatalis, except in third person and fewer stats. I still never finished it though, even back then it just seemed like yet another reskin of the popular "key hunt" trope that was prevalent at the time. I remember spending a LOT of time traversing thru the cave system, and then I finally reached some snowy area, but I've already lost interest by then. Head many good things about the game since then tho, maybe I should replay it some day. The early 3D graphics are downright nasty by today's standards tho.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Rune, UT, Vietcong – the three best PC action MP duel games of all time.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Vague description of the game from press release:

HUMAN HEAD STUDIOS ANNOUNCES OPEN-WORLD VIKING RPG RUNE: RAGNAROK FOR PC

Human Head Studios has revealed Rune: Ragnarok, a sandbox, open-world RPG set in a dangerous Norse universe during the end of days. A highly anticipated follow-up to Rune, the team’s hit action-adventure game, Rune: Ragnarok places players in the middle of an epic battle where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive.

By pledging allegiance to one of the Norse gods, players gain favor and special abilities to aid them as they raid enemy villages, fight the undead in brutal melee combat, sail to new lands, and craft powerful weapons to complete the goals of their god and conclude Ragnarok.

From Project Director Chris Rhinehart, “After seventeen years, we are thrilled to finally announce a new Rune game. In the spirit of the original, Rune: Ragnarok has intense and brutal combat in a world steeped in Norse mythology. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve created.”

Development of Rune: Ragnarok is being funded by ESDF Management, a video game production and finance company.

“Rune: Ragnarok is the first video game we’ve committed to financing. We’re incredibly excited to support the vision that our partners at Human Head Studios have offered for long-time fans and newcomers to Rune alike,” said ESDF Managing Partner, Matt Candler.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom