Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline New Samurai Showdown

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/samurai-shodown-announced-for-ps4

Samurai Shodown announced for PS4
Due out in 2019.

SNK has announced Samurai Shodown for PlayStation 4. It will launch in 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via SNK:

A brand new title from SNK! A new Samurai Shodown is on the horizon!
Since its birth in 1993, the Samurai Shodown series has been known as the premier weapon based versus fighting games, and was essential in cultivating the weapon based fighting game genre. As the first new release in the series in more than 10 years, Samurai Shodown is aiming to yet again push boundaries and deliver some serious samurai action!
Developed using Unreal Engine 4 and utilizing a unique brushstroke graphical style to match the Japanese roots of the series, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Galford and a whole cast of other popular characters will battle once again for victory! Stay tuned for more news about Samurai Shodown as we lead up to release in 2019!​

rape incoming?

i absolutely loved the uniqueness of the third one, i don't even remember why i ignored the fourth.

Nathir

Liturgist
Sam Sho 2 was one of the first fg's I've ever played. Along with MK 3 and 4. Trailer looks pretty decent and much better then KOF14.

Cautiously optimistic for now.

Liking the look of this, reminds me of how a lot of the official art for the series looked after 4. Although the artist on this one looks like it's Eisuke Ogura, and he doesn't seem to be using those think ink lines.

trailer shows that fag galford but not hanzo? what the fuck

No gameplay, but he is in that art they show for a bit.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Where's Charlotte and Kabuki breh

q8JHKDH.jpg

Nathir

Liturgist
Looks good, although the particle effects are a bit over the top for me.

Also what are the chances my boy Suija is in this? 0,1%?

A horse of course

I don't think I've played a single SS title (maybe I messed around with a couple on emulators at some point, but certainly never played through). Are they

fun?

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
There is lot more in the link including an interview.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/samurai...er-44-minutes-of-gameplay-and-staff-interview
Samurai Shodown launches for PS4 and Xbox One in June, Switch in Q4 2019 and PC later; 44 minutes of gameplay and staff interview
Gematsu goes hands-on with the weapons-based fighter reboot.

Samurai Shodown will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June, followed by Switch in Q4 2019 and PC at a later date, publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK announced. It will feature Japanese voice-overs and support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Pan-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitle language options.

The Unreal Engine 4-powered fighting game is a reboot of the classic series set between the events of Samurai Showdown V and the original game. It will feature 16 total fighters, including 13 returning characters and three brand new characters. Additional characters will be released via post-launch downloadable content.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Really don't like the "glossy" look. Also looks a bit outdated.

Why 3D over 2D anyway? Good way to take its soul away.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really don't like the "glossy" look. Also looks a bit outdated.

Why 3D over 2D anyway? Good way to take its soul away.
SNK has no cash, they can't afford sprite artists. Also it's harder to scale, harder to release new content for, and harder to make costumes.

I heard great things about this title though. It's a game that still focuses on neutral, with big punishes and little combo game.

I think it looks good too, the animations are better than King of Fighters 14.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hey, Op, you know the game is called "Shodown" and not "Showdown", right?

Yeah, that triggers me too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom