Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Total War game: Warhammer

Captain Shrek

Call of Warhammer is damn awesome. If you've got Medieval II download it now. One of the few actually challenging TW experiences.

:bro:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Call of Warhammer is damn awesome. If you've got Medieval II download it now. One of the few actually challenging TW experiences.

Its fun but buggy and unstable. Random crashes after drawn on long battles arent fun.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Why the hate on Dark Omen? I thought the campaign was great. Dig up the LP, one of the first we ever got on Codex, and see for yourself. There's even little cleavage in the game. Plus DWARVEN STEAMTANK ROLLING OVER ZOMBIES AND SKELETONS MASSIVE HARDON CUMMING BUCKETS

Shannow

Waster of Time
Why the hate on Dark Omen? I thought the campaign was great. Dig up the LP, one of the first we ever got on Codex, and see for yourself. There's even little cleavage in the game. Plus DWARVEN STEAMTANK ROLLING OVER ZOMBIES AND SKELETONS MASSIVE HARDON CUMMING BUCKETS
The hate is on Mark of Chaos, which is pure shit.
Dark Omen was very good, just too short.

And the steamtank was Imperial, IIRC.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
If you're only going to play one, and are only interested in singleplayer, play SotHR. DO is great multiplayer, but the SP campaign is a turd.

I wish I could wind the clock back on GW to 1989.
Dark Omen is pretty much SoTHR with vastly inferior game stuff in it and a vastly superior interface. On and, the story stuff is a not-totally-direct continuation of the first game.
Okay, so only two posters.

Misconnected

Savant
Okay, so only two posters.

No, just one. If you read all of what I said instead of plucking out random sentences, you'll discover I was saying that DO is a great game. My negative remarks on its campaign were in direct comparison to SoTHR's campaign. A great many great things look like crap when you compare them to near-perfect things.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Well, one expressed negative opinion must mean at least 10 silent negative opinions.
The time has come. The codex does not speak with one mind anymore. Our purity is gone. We have to purge it with fire!
Burn the co'x!

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't y'all misrepresent me! I only meant the SP campaign is a turd compared to SotHR, but like I said the multiplayer is fantastic. This is a game I play monthly.

(edit: Besides, the steam tank insta-killing everything is one of the things that breaks the SP campaign. [It broke 3rd ed. too, so it has a lot to answer for.])

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
http://www.creative-assembly.com/job/130905/associate-producer-warhammer
http://www.creative-assembly.com/job/131217/technicalenvironment-artist
Well it looks that WFB by CA is coming. As i remember playing Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat while teenager, and now just collecting & playing WFB tabletop game as near over 30 nerd ;) I wish that soon we will hear about awesome, highly customizable and deep in lore WFB game.
It's becoming more and more true becouse of SEGA rights from Games Workshop to Warhammer FB universe, and jobs in CA like the one from above. Not to mention that incoming Attila with improved engine and feautres looks like ideal base for WFB based game. I will welcome it with open arms so my wife won't kill me for spending so much money on that fukin figurines and rulebooks etc. ;)
Anyone remeber SotHR or Dark Omen here ?

Last edited:

A horse of course

http://www.creative-assembly.com/job/130905/associate-producer-warhammer
http://www.creative-assembly.com/job/131217/technicalenvironment-artist
Well it looks that WFB by CA is coming. As i remember playing Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat while teenager, and now just collecting & playing WFB tabletop game as near over 30 nerd ;) I wish that soon we will hear about awesome, highly customizable and deep in lore WFB game.
It's becoming more and more true becouse of SEGA rights from Games Workshop to Warhammer FB universe, and jobs in CA like the one from above. Not to mention that incoming Attila with improved engine and feautres looks like ideal base for WFB based game. I will welcome it with open arms so my wife won't kill me for spending so much money on that fukin figurines and rulebooks etc. ;)
Anyone remeber SotHR or Dark Omen here ?

This is what I was thinking too. It would seem rather ambitious to go from an era with little-to-no connection with medieval fantasy (e.g. Sengoku) to something as challenging as a fantasy RTS with spells, flying units, monsters etc. (inb4 "General abilities in TW are already magic hurrrrrrrrrr") - even if you include the australian and affiliate studios, CA aren't especially large. Pre-Dark Ages seems more logical, especially with the non-playable, apocalyptic horde faction in Atilla. If I had to guess, I would've expected them to release Atilla after a new Medieval game though. Perhaps they intend to bridge the gap between late roman era and medieval era with some of the mechanics, animations etc. they use in Warhammer.

SotHR had better atmosphere than Dark Omen but it was ludicrously hard (not that DO is a cakewalk [sorry Matt]) and I only finished it by abusing the Amber Whizzard's teleportation.

I tried replaying DO a year or so ago and wasn't very impressed.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They probably delayed the game so it can be released with the new End Times scenario. That said, I don't know how much fun a TW game is when your armies can be 50% almighty heroes, rendering the file and rank somewhat useless. But I guess it's a way to play 6 or 10k battles without bankrupting yourself.

While waiting for it, I should give Call of Warhammer / Rage of Dark Gods a try, but whenever I look it up, the next major release seems to be imminent, so I always wait for that.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They probably delayed the game so it can be released with the new End Times scenario. That said, I don't know how much fun a TW game is when your armies can be 50% almighty heroes, rendering the file and rank somewhat useless. But I guess it's a way to play 6 or 10k battles without bankrupting yourself.

While waiting for it, I should give Call of Warhammer / Rage of Dark Gods a try, but whenever I look it up, the next major release seems to be imminent, so I always wait for that.
King Arthur : The role playing wargame managed to make it work more or less. Heroes dominated the battlefield indeed, but only at max level (and the unlocked elite units remained very strong + the heroes were leading units anyway), and support casters or warlords were somewhat viable.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://kotaku.com/total-war-warhammer-accidentally-announced-1679351292

vnprezgoviebr6ep7hzq.jpg

Oops.

:australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia:

waiting patiently, hopes diminished tho

:australia::australia::australia::australia::australia:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Warhammer: Total War versus Total War: Hammer.

Which is better and why?

Luka-boy

Arcane
What's that? Time to install this again?

Because I sure as hell I won't get excited about a modern Creative Assembly game.

I'm waiting for it to be a TW Arena style game since all the recent GW IPs turned out to be similar shit. Not sure about Mordheim, haven't tried it yet.

A horse of course

:ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve::ibelieveincleve:

This plus Fallout 4 are the only gnomes I seriously care about these days :thumbsup:

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The entire Total War series is just a stupid rip-off of Warhammer: Dark Omen and Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat anyway. I'm sure this will suck if the recent Total War games is anything to go by. :decline:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Official announcement expected later this week.

Maybe I cannot into marketing, but with the Attila launch imminent, I doubt that CA would want to detract from the product they are about to ship - it looks more like a mistake to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom