Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

New Total War game: Warhammer

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Merkwürdigliebe, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I can't believe how shitty most(read %99) end level damaging spells are...
    Only Flaming Skull has good damage to kill actually a few but its too random and mostly miss if you waste it on small groups. But also cost too much, just firing 3 fireballs instead is better...

^ Top  
  2. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Actually, the best high level spell is Fate of Bujna or something like that. It can completely wipe out an elite unit in a few castings.

^ Top  
  3. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Was that a Vampire Lords spell? Mostly used their buff and debuffs, only damaging spell I used playing them was Manfred's single target damager which was insane. Killed most of earlier lords/ heroes in 2-3 castings wtih that one.

^ Top  
  4. Merkwürdigliebe Arcane

Merkwürdigliebe
    Try fate of Bjuna as already mentioned, or wind of death that shit is absolutely insane even on ultra unit size. The trick to using vortex spells, especially winds of death is that they move in a line away from the caster. Basically if you can make their army clash in a line with your's you can just get your caster around the flank and cast wind of death, killing essentially half their army in one go.

^ Top  
  5. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    edit: that fucking parrot

Patch is released alongside Blood Knights FLC for Vampire Counts and a beta DX12 mode:

I'm a bit concerned about the fact post-Chaos Invasion campaign AI is going back to the retarded, self-defeating backstabbing of the early game, especially as there's no mention of Norscan factions and their stack spam being nerfed. I'm not sure about what they've done to AI agents. It says their XP gain has been nerfed compared to players, but AI heroes and generals already seem to get massive XP bonuses on Normal difficulty, so I'm not sure what that will entail. I'll load my VC late-game save at some point to see how this all pans out, but until DLC drops I'll stick to mods.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123

Russian leak - DLC1 is blood and gore.

^ Top  
  7. MediantSamuel Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Blood looks almost too over the top, but at the same time, I think I love it. Hope it drops soon.

New patch is always welcome, however.

^ Top  
  8. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    I get their age rating shtick, but can they really not make this DLC cheaper? Do they really have to charge $2.50 for it?

I'm torn between buying it because Warhammer and saying fuck them because greed. Also, where is the promised FreeLC.

^ Top  
  9. MediantSamuel Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    ^ Top  
  10. MediantSamuel Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    First FreeLC update is the Blood Knights, released earlier today alongside the first big update:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

VC elite cavalry, essentially.

^ Top  
  11. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Blood and Gore gameplay montage shows just how ludicrously cartoonish the effects are. Reminds me of the Shogun 2 comedy blood pack, which at least had the defence of being a tribute to the movies. Attila did a much better job of toning down the splatter effects. I mean look at the fucking bodies exploding.

1:30 shows Leoncouer make an overhead chop onto a marauder...and the five dudes next to him suddenly pop.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    ^ Top  
  12. MediantSamuel Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    Hm.. I do like the blood-covered units but there's almost too much blood in places; such as sprays or the head explosions, yeah.

Mods'll fix it?

^ Top  
  13. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Ahh, yes, Warhammer.

Blood for the Blood God.
    Teeth for the Tooth Fairy.

It kind of worries me that some people can take this setting serious.
    Not that I don't like it, it's wonderful!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Khorne Arbiter

Khorne
    I am pleased with this recent development, but there must be more blood.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Someone on the forums has gone back to the russian data-mined info and sorted it through it with the BFTBG DLC references included

tl;dr we wuz kangz

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    ^ Top  
  16. trais Arcane

trais
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    So, did the patch actually improve the game or was it merely a spit and polish kind of deal?

^ Top  
  17. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    I was right, wait for fucking expansion and try to get a deal where it includes all DLCs. CA can't code, would patch it multiple times and break stuff in the process, and they would milk it with DLCs.

^ Top  
  18. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    [​IMG]

Could be new Huntsmarshal hero for Empire, but CA said the next DLC would be a big one, so hopefully Beastmen. Though I suppose this could just be the first FLC.

^ Top  
  19. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    [​IMG]
    I looked at price graphs, and I seen something VERY interesting. Blue line is lowest price (but they have two weeks backorder time, and I'm not sure if they simply didn't forget to update theirs database), red is average. I think this should be reposted into different thread and do some discussion, because for legal users, this graph isn't nice.

It's very interesting to look at changes after release, and shortly before release.

^ Top  
  20. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Graphs that shows only what x-axis is, gotta love them.What are we suppose to fill it ourselves or what?What game is that ,if it's even a single game?What a pointless graph.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MediantSamuel Erudite Patron

MediantSamuel
    First big DLC is Beastmen:

Releases on the 28th of July.

Two FreeLCs coming on the same day also: a new School of Magic and a new hero for the Empire; the Amber mage.

^ Top  
  22. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
  23. Aothan Magister

Aothan
    One step closer to Elves

^ Top  
  24. Merkwürdigliebe Arcane

Merkwürdigliebe
    17,5 Jewro or 20 dollarydoos for the beast men.
    :keepmyjewgold:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Yes?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)