Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Drax

Arcane
Don't forget to install the HD spoons mod. 6 billion triangles of spoony perfection: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66237

66237-1545899345-1768574131.jpeg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66368

Is this a joke? 16GB worth of texture pack and there's literally no discernible difference.

Protip: texture size and resolution mean shit. Size =/= quality. 1K textures can look far better than 4K textures on the hands of a skilled artist.

Case in point: I think New Vegas has pretty awful texture work. Freeside in particular is horrendous.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Went on a modding spree inspired by two mods.

One of them added proper gecko textures to the gecko-backed armors introduced in Honest Hearts. The other added recipes to add gecko leather to the pre-order leather and metal lightweight armors, but didn't add unique models for those. Well, I have. And converted it all to T6M in one neat package.

Screen-Shot37.jpg

Screen-Shot40.jpg

Screen-Shot41.jpg

Screen-Shot39.jpg

Screen-Shot42.jpg

Screen-Shot43.jpg

Screen-Shot44.jpg

Bonus Dirty Pete:

Screen-Shot36.jpg

Screen-Shot46.jpg

Screen-Shot47.jpg

Screen-Shot48.jpg

Screen-Shot49.jpg

Here's the mod's download link for those interested.

You will still need Type 3/T6M body textures.

laclongquan

Arcane
Well duh~ I hate the power armor and dusty clothes.

Get me a nekkid girl running around the desert for the win~

Is there a mod that makes enemies actually react to fire-based weapons like Flamer etc.?

I know there was one for F4 where they'd drop their weapons and start running around, but in NV they still don't give two shits while on fire.

nvm, found it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66213

This is noted. When I return to FNV I will also install that flamer pistol mod. I dont like playing with big pack on the back, which is what big gun model is all about.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Went on a modding spree inspired by two mods.

One of them added proper gecko textures to the gecko-backed armors introduced in Honest Hearts. The other added recipes to add gecko leather to the pre-order leather and metal lightweight armors, but didn't add unique models for those. Well, I have. And converted it all to T6M in one neat package.

Here's the mod's download link for those interested.

You will still need Type 3/T6M body textures.
Bro, your character looks like a tranny orc.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
My modding spree continued today, making sure my body replacers worked like clockwork in the most autistic of ways.
But now I bring some images of different Pip-Boy replacers found in the Nexus.

The Pip-Boy Readius, using the "Pip-Boy 3500" retexture.

Pip-Boy-Readius-3500-Retexture.jpg

A Familiar Friend, the "Pip-Boy 2500", handheld release.

Pip-Boy-2500.jpg

A Familiar Friend, the "Pip-Boy 2500", using the HD retexture.

Pip-Boy-2500-HD-Retexture.jpg

A Familiar Friend, the "Pip-Boy 2500", the arm-mounted release. Sadly, no HD retexture available.

Pip-Boy-2500-Arm-mounted.jpg

The "Pip-Boy 2501", very similar to the Pip-Boy 2500, except of higher quality.

Pip-Boy-2501.jpg

The Pip-Boy 2000 MK VI, canon as per Bethesda lore now.

Pip-Boy-2000-MK-VI.jpg

The Pip-Boy 2000 MK VI, now with the Wasteland retexture.

Pip-Boy-2000-MK-VI-Wasteland-Retexture.jpg

Sans the Pip-Boy Readius, were even the most "lore-friendly" (for a glorified iPhone) texture looks crapy, all others are excellent options. Aside from the ultra high quality MK VI (unironically the only good thing to come out of that shitfest of a mod that was Fallout: New California; if I can hack out the Vault suit textures, that's a second good thing), the 2051 offers plenty different skin options!

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Don't those just make the menus harder to read?

Not that I know. If by harder you mean "smaller", that's because I installed an FOV mod and forgot to reset it afterwards.
Now, if by harder you mean "more cumbersome", then it's font mods that help with that by making the fonts smaller and thus allowing for more items on screen at a time.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's cool that people are still modding this, but you really only need a handful of mods. I don't even use the texture upgrades. Game looks fine (by fine I mean bad) with or without them. I mean, really, you can just play with Sawyer's mod and the bug-fixes and call it a day. That's what I always end up doing after installing a bunch of mods. They make the Wasteland look like shit. Then I go ahead and delete everything, restart, and just install YUP, 4GB Patcher, Stutter Remover, JSawyer, New Vegas Redesigned, and finish the game with that.

laclongquan

Arcane
So this is what has has become of Fallout...
:deathclaw:

HEY!

New Vegas is a great RPG, lewd mods or not. If Fallout had modding support, you bet I would be modding skimpy clothes into its low resolution women.

I would about to agree but the sprite list of both 1 and 2 give me pause. Mang~ Talk about low rez~
Annnnnyway the primitive female look is lewd~

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom