Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Wasteland 2 Screenshot at Shacknews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

One of our users informed us of the existence of a new Wasteland 2 screenshot, hidden in an image gallery over at Shacknews. While the screenshot has been confirmed to be authentic, there is some uncertainty as to whether it was supposed to be publicly viewable at this stage. In case they take it down, I've mirrored it here on the Codex.

Discuss!

Update: A day late, Shacknews published an article containing the new screenshot. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain any new information about the game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Looks sweet! Why would they want to hide away something as nice as that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game seems like it will have a realistic sense of scale. The characters are tiny compared to the buildings.

That might encourage players to play the game with the camera at a more top-down angle, since there wouldn't be much to look at on the horizon besides huge walls and endless expanses. It reminds me a bit of Ultima V: Lazarus.

Micmu

Magister
Wow, what a massive leak!! SOMEONE STOP IT NOW!

It reminds me a bit of Ultima V: Lazarus.
Looks like a render. You can't tell actual game's perspective/camera from that.
Dung Siege/Lazarus has some horrible rotation playing shit and camera constantly resetting itself when going over higher ground or buildings. If W2 has anything remotely as bad, then big fuck off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I think the Codex might need a Bad Camera Trauma Sufferers Anonymous™ group.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I like how press photos are classified as "leaks" these days to work the punters into a frenzy. OMG LEAK! I MUST CLICK LINK NOW BEFORE IT IS REMOVED! Gotta get them pageviews.

That said. Graphic fidelity is decent, but it's going to be difficult to tell your dudes apart in a cluttered combat situation. Art direction needs to get to work on that and stop plopping down assets grabbed from the unity store.
:rpgcodex:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Who cares man, it's a screenshot of a building. It looks good. That's all there is to say. Is posting something that the developers possibly weren't ready for people to see the kind of thing that would encourage them to work with us or give us exclusive content in the future? No, it indicates that we're ready to throw them under the bus for a half-finished alpha screenshot. Very poor judgement on making this a news article.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
No, it indicates that we're ready to throw them under the bus for a half-finished alpha screenshot. Very poor judgement on making this a news article.

:hmmm:

Please point out the blatantly unfair "throwing under the bus" criticism in my newspost. Or in this thread, for that matter.

Micmu

Magister
it indicates that we're ready to throw them under the bus for a half-finished alpha screenshot. Very poor judgement on making this a news article.
Nigga, please. :roll: "Leak" is just the new marketing shit.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why would they want to hide away something as nice as that?

Shacknews had this shot to publish with an article but looks like they muffed it and put it up early. Article should be along later, I guess. Slight snafu, but screenshot was supposed to go up around now anyway, so it all works out anyway, other than some slight confusion about it being legit or not.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The game seems like it will have a realistic sense of scale. The characters are tiny compared to the buildings.

That might encourage players to play the game with the camera at a more top-down angle, since there wouldn't be much to look at on the horizon besides huge walls and endless expanses. It reminds me a bit of Ultima V: Lazarus.
The game is going to have a fixed camera. Can't change the angle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

The game is going to have a fixed camera. Can't change the angle.

No.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
No, it indicates that we're ready to throw them under the bus for a half-finished alpha screenshot. Very poor judgement on making this a news article.

:hmmm:

Please point out the blatantly unfair "throwing under the bus" criticism in my newspost. Or in this thread, for that matter.
First, what is this? Are we supposed to be salivating or speculating over this? This is nothing man, it's a building. All there is to possibly say about this is that it looks good. The fact that we jump on some unreleased alpha screenshot that could have been accidentally uploaded like a bunch of piranhas is gross. Why are we doing this? Is this worth jeopardizing our relationship with inXile over? Do we need to be as disgusting and bad as every other website out there? RPG CODEX HAS THE INSIDE SCOOP ONCE AGAIN, CATCHES INXILE WITH THEIR PANTS DOWN BY POSTING AN UNRELEASED PICTURE OF A BUILDING. This picture is nothing and means nothing, but it shows everyone else, not just inXile, that we're willing to sell our their tiniest missteps for nothing. Why would anyone be willing to give us exclusive content or interviews or pictures or information if we're going to jump on the most worthless table scrap of unreleased media?

This is gross. This is what other websites do. We don't need to be like them.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't see how another website's exclusive can be a "codex scoop". If they've uploaded it to a gallery then it's not really a leak either.
Maybe cboyardee is trolling, but he makes a point regardless.

Seriously we could probably just mail InXile and ask them for a screenshot.

On the topic of the screenshot itself, I really have nothing to say. I am left without impressions looking at it. It's just a building.
I hope the final game will look spiffy though. I just bought a new compotorizer and I'm looking to join the Pantheon level of the PC Master race. I'm aspiring to become one of those "Hhuhuhu I play on Ultra with 100 FPS" bros.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I'm getting a JA2 feel and that's a good thing (characters being difficult to distinguish is easily fixed with some highlighting of character up).

Also this is dated december 1st. Perhaps the image that'll show up in said article will be different.

St. Toxic

Arcane
It's just way too cartoony, man. I'm expecting Bugs Bunny to pop up out of a rabbit hole and go "Whats up doc?" any minute. Maybe he's hiding in those bushes, and the guy on the cargo crate is Elmer Fudd?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom