Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Witcher video

Section8

Cipher
I'm no expert, but I believe Tarot cards are supposed to have a clear distinction between what is up and what is down, since it effectively reverses the meaning of the card.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I don't get it: why is the card image is photographic? It kinda messes up the graphic style of the game... They should have made a very detailed pencil drawing and put it on this "card".... duh.
Think Luis Royo's graphics.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
mEtaLL1x said:
I don't get it: why is the card image is photographic? It kinda messes up the graphic style of the game... They should have made a very detailed pencil drawing and put it on this "card".... duh.
Think Luis Royo's graphics.

Well, CDProjekt's artists probably photographed those girls themselves.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Looks a lot like a high resolution photograph. I've never seen that kind of detail in CGI before. CGI's usually looks kinda fake, no matter how good it is (like the Final Fantasy movie).

Could just be a REALLY good hand-drawn piece of work, colored in by Photoshop, though, but I doubt it. That sort of thing takes weeks for each picture.

The clothing's probably CGI. It looks like it. But I don't think the model is.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Excalibur said:
americas priorities are fucked! they even censor over asscracks! for fuck sake... oh no!!! i saw a tit! even though i have them on my own body but their not at all big and juciy!

Or i might fornicate myslef if i see one and jesus wont be happy... you can thank your standard stupid ass reglious american for over censorship. but YEEEEHAW owning a gun that hurts people is ok!

Tits can't hurt people? Spending too much time on a computer doesn't hurt people? If things that can hurt people were made illegal there wouldn't be much left would there genius?

If guns are responsible for hurting people:

Spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'Donel fat.

Pencils are responsible for people spielling worng

Looking sexy is a responsible for women being raped.

Video games are responsible for you being stupid.

All you fucking idiots should shut your fucking retarded mouths. What, only your type of censorship is good? Only restrictions you like should be allowed?

Twinfalls

Erudite
LOL Sarvis!

Actually, breasts can terrorise an entire countryside. As you'll see in this educative film:

0792846079.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

sex3.jpg

RGE

Liturgist
Roqua said:
Pencils are responsible for people spielling worng
But you use a keyboard for that, right? I know I do.

I agree that the card appears to lack symmetry, but when I watched the movie I got a better look at the seam between the two images, and it didn't look so bad. It may not even be a photograph, though it does look kind of like someone took a photograph and then painted over it to make it look like 'real' art. The hair in particular doesn't look photorealistic. The clothing still looks like blatant CG, which makes it look as cheap as a 5 crown hooker.

The movie was kind of nice, but way too dark, and QuickTime wouldn't offer me a fullscreen mode so that I wouldn't be blinded by my desktop (which isn't pitch black but pretty dark all the same). I liked the fight scenes, but I wasn't impressed by the generalization of being able to turn to bandits just because of a bad reputation, and the fact that doing it that way appeared to cost more than doing it any of the other ways. The 'good reputation' method of luring one guard away and getting the other drunk appeared to be the cheapest way, which indicates that once again good is weak and needs help from the game designers. Am I reading too much into this? ;)

Ausir

Arcane
Download QuickTime Alternative codecs, so that you can play QuickTime movies in a normal playe even in full screen mode.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
A new video is up here. It's fun to watch and to listen to the funky accent.
Notice how the sword never seems to make contact with enemy's body but still manages to damage him.
The night-vision effects are cool, though.
Somehow I get the impression that The Witcher will be the Painkiller of RPGs.

jplestat

Novice
Pretty impressive

I thought the storyline demo was pretty impressive. Reminded me a bit of Gothic 2. I liked that it was adult, and not afraid of some controversial topics. Liked the multiple ways to solve the gate issue. Graphics are solid. It will probably be censored so most likely a game to get from GoGamer. Definitely on my watch list now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom