Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Year's Resolution: I won't waste time with shit RPGs in 2019

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess I need to read the poe threads to see why it’s such a Pile Of Excrement.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Where does this idea come from that ATOM is terribly translated? I haven't seen this at all, and in any case it's an absurd reason to avoid the game while at the same time recommending KCD which has the most awkward dialogue imaginable thanks to being written by Czechs.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I like your plans. Especially as you get older, it's more important to pick quality over quantity.

My current backlog:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Aeons of Sand
Tower of Time
The Bard's Tale Trilogy (part two)
Grimoire V2 (I Have 142 hours in V1)
Neverwinter Nights EE

For some reason I felt compelled to buy Shroud of the Avatar. Maybe that'll be on the playlist for 2020.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Where does this idea come from that ATOM is terribly translated? I haven't seen this at all, and in any case it's an absurd reason to avoid the game while at the same time recommending KCD which has the most awkward dialogue imaginable thanks to being written by Czechs.

It has extremely poor dialogue and since they don't want to say it directly they just say it was "poorly translated, i am sure the original had shakespearean dialogue but it was lost in translation"

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I'm interested in Towers of Time, and also Shadows: Awakening. Both seem quite interesting. Quite busy with other stuff at the moment though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My current back log is only Blarum and insomnia,i am in the middle of them both. After i managed to slurp that delicious asshole with the name of ATOM,now i have the time to finish them up.

Towers of Time,
It is pretty decent game,mainly the story and the exploration. The battles get old in due time and the enemies become sponges later on.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah I'm interested in Towers of Time, and also Shadows: Awakening. Both seem quite interesting. Quite busy with other stuff at the moment though.

My current back log is only Blarum and insomnia,i am in the middle of them both. After i managed to slurp that delicious asshole with the name of ATOM,now i have the time to finish them up.

It is pretty decent game,mainly the story and the exploration. The battles get old in due time and the enemies become sponges later on.
Tower of Time is the underrated RPG of 2018.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the end of March and my year has been going great as concerns gaming. I've spent around 50 hours more on Battle Brothers and I'm playing two concurrent playthroughs of Age of Decadence - one with a diplomat praetor, the other with an assassin. I'm playing the assassin on my steam account where I have about 10 hours so far, and the praetor on my laptop where I have the GOG AoD installed, so I don't know how many hours this has been. It's incredible how deep this game is. I don't know if I'll ever discover everything in it. Also the minimalistic way in which the worldbuilding is done yet how effective it is, that's something every game designer/writer can learn from.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thronebreaker - not really in the league of the above, but I hear it's a nice short game with an interesting story. I can give it a couple of weeks for a single playthrough

And how did that turn out?
I liked the story. I don't remember the card games to be anything noteworthy in terms of difficulty when playing on Normal. The voice acting was excellent, which is a major factor for the story's delivery. I was a sucker for more tales in that setting, so I was obviously biased.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's amazing how subjective the appreciation for an RPG can be, especially here at Codex.

I, for example, absolutely adore Solasta and am savoring it like I would a gourmet steak dinner. Certainly it has its flaws; the steak is actually kangaroo meat and the asparagus is for some reason colored purple, but the *care* taken in preparing the dish has, after my initial trepidation based solely on its looks, brought me an unforgettable culinary adventure.

OP lists PF:KM as one of his examples of an unforgettable RPG but I sent it back to the kitchen with a note to the chef to go fuck himself.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Kingmaker was pretty fun but I didn't finish it. I think something else came along and I switched to that. I didn't love its visuals and the UI was passable, but it was doing the best job at evoking the spirit of a PnP adventure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom