Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newb Question?

Laberius

Novice
All....Tell the goods and bads about this game based on the demo?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
There are plenty of posts discussing the game if you bother to scroll down. I am sure you are going to find them very informative, much more then one-liners or flames you gonna get if you post before you look at the forum.

And yes, it's a very good game. Recommend without reservations.

Section8

Cipher
It's well worth a look. It does Turn Based combat really well, quests, skills and XP even better. It's a gem, especially compared to most commercial RPG projects.

Rosh

Erudite
I really do wonder if this topic is about Lionheart as the other thread by the same poster sort of implies.

Laberius

Novice
Vault Dweller....Rosh...am I mistaken or are you both know-all tryhards....Do you best flames you two :)

Rosh

Erudite
Laberius said:
Vault Dweller....Rosh...am I mistaken or are you both know-all tryhards....Do you best flames you two :)

Are you like 6 years old or something, or are you trying your best to insult AUS people? Am I mistaken or are you a persistently clueless person who wants to lay the blame on others?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Laberius said:
Vault Dweller....Rosh...am I mistaken or are you both know-all tryhards

Nope, nothing fancy like that. Like I said there were many discussions that sliced and diced every aspect of the game and examined it from different angles. It would be pointless to start a new discussion every time a new person asks for a general opinion. Had you read the posts and then asked to clarify a specific issue, the reaction would have been different.

Rosh

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Nope, nothing fancy like that. Like I said there were many discussions that sliced and diced every aspect of the game and examined it from different angles. It would be pointless to start a new discussion every time a new person asks for a general opinion. Had you read the posts and then asked to clarify a specific issue, the reaction would have been different.

That would require 2 things:

1. A reading comprehension.
2. A basic understanding of netiquette or even common courtesy.

Instead, we got:

1. Someone started up a thread (actually, 2 threads) on a board that had nothing to do with the game they were talking about.
2. Someone who didn't even bother attempting basic netiquette before leaving their brain-droppings.
3. Someone who is getting in a huff because people aren't too receptive to repeating themselves in dealing with someone who thinks everyone else is there to coddle them.

The comments about Prelude to Darkness in the other thread, to put it mildly, was absolutely clueless and asinine as hell.

Laberius

Novice
very innicent....anyway is prelude to darkness worth looking at or am I wasting my time?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Laberius said:
very innicent....anyway is prelude to darkness worth looking at or am I wasting my time?

That depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good CRPG that's party based, with a unique character system, innovative turn based combat, unique Roman style setting, meaningful skills, and so forth, than it's worth your time.

If you're looking for a Diablo clone with great graphics, Prelude to Darkness isn't your cup of tea.

Rosh

Erudite
Laberius said:

Odd, you had already made a judgement, and have done nothing so far but waste other peoples' time and bandwidth.

What is prelude to darkness, some lame attempt to outdo neverwinter nights sales?

Already, you don't have a clue, and you're making crass comments like the above.

You, out of the gene pool, now!

PS: Didn't I mention to stop double-posting and also hinted at what the Edit function was for?

Laberius

Novice
Id put you on ignore...if there was a button..also edit button....err can you buy me a pair of glasses....also your a geek...pft go marry a trash can!

Rosh

Erudite
Laberius said:
Id put you on ignore...if there was a button..

There is such a button. It's the trigger on a double barrel shotgun. Here's how you use it. First you put the end of the long part into your mouth and press the button. There you go, problem solved.

also edit button....err can you buy me a pair of glasses...

I'm suspect your problem lies not with visual impairment. It's back about 4 inches from your eyes.

.also your a geek...pft go marry a trash can!

This coming from a moron? Oh, too comical. Despite your own life experiences, a trash can is not a mother or a female in any manner. I can understand your confusion, given where you were found not long from birth and currently belong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom