Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newest Daggerfall Build

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I just started another new character that I actually plan to go somewhere with in Daggerfall and decided why not share it online? So, here we are:

Primary Skills:
Stealth
Critical Strike
Short Blade

Major Skills:
Backstabbing
Blunt Weapon
Mysticism

Minor Skills:
Archery
Dodging
Long Blade
Hand-to-Hand
Lockpicking
Alteration

Advantages:
1.5X INT Magicka
Resist Magick
Resist Shock

Disadvantages:
Lower Magic in Daylight
No Magic in Daylight
Crit Weakness to Disease
Low Tolerance to Poison
Forbade Silver
Forbade Axes
Forbade Kite Shields

Max HP 30/LVL
Dump PER, raise AGI, STR, LUC, INT modestly.
So, thoughts?

Wayward Son

She grew up in the woods with her parents until age 13, at which point her family was killed by a group of orcs and as such, holds a grudge. She was found, starving and near-dead by Thieves' Guild Master Linvail who raised her from there. While on a job, she found a small child locked up in the dungeons who turned out to be the emperor's son. She was rewarded with an ebony dagger by the emperor after he was freed by the Eternal Champion. She became close friends with the emperor, close enough to get her pardoned several times.

I made the build choices I did because I enjoy playing thieves but still understand the usefulness of magic such as Mysticism for Recall and Alteration for water breathing/walking.
Daylight debuffs:
Role play/LARP-y: She hides in the shadows so much that the sunlight bothers her, making it hard to focus.
Gameplay: You don't do much in the daylight anyway and it gives me extra level speed (crucial for a Thief build) with relatively little drawback.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Great character, very inspiring to play with. Not again, i feel urgent need to launch elder scrolls again :( .
Yeah, I feel that need a lot. It's why I have a dozen installs combined of Daggerfall and Arena.
PS It actually is really interesting, especially if you lower health gain. While possible, it makes the game really hard because you have to actually do stuff in order to gain levels and power. Low HP just makes it all the more interesting (read: frustrating) even 15-30 isn't a whole lot when you can't heal w/o resting though. The build gets even more interesting if you don't take ebony dagger, but I find it's essential because the RNG sometimes hates you as a thief and spawns a golem or atronach.

Wayward Son

Yeah they aren't a playable race. Race is primarily cosmetic in DF if you make your own class.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I wasn't able to choose the imperial province :|
Imperials only became a playable race starting in TES III: Morrowind (as did Orcs).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Races

Note that despite the descriptions, it seems that only High Elves and Nords receive any special racial ability, and the modifiers to attributes don't matter.
The racial modifiers to attributes do not actually function. The starting values of your attributes are defined by your class, which overwrites any modifications made by your race. Because of this, race is purely cosmetic unless you choose a High Elf or Nord, whose immunity to paralysis and frost resistance still apply.
Ah, Buggerfall.:deathclaw:

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Hey guys, I was building a new character that I plan to take to the end eventually (again). Submitted for your approval:
Arcane Warrior

Primary Skills:
Blunt
Destruction
Restoration

Major Skills:
Long Blade
Alteration
Mysticism

Minor Skills:
Crit. Strike
Illusion
Short Blade
Thaumaturgy
Archery
Stealth

Advantages/Disadvantages:
Crit. Weakness to Disease (yeah, yeah, I'm cheesing this one)
No Leather Armor
Lower Mana in Daylight
No Silver
Low Tolerance to Flame
3x INT Mana
Resistance to all Non-Flame Magic Types
Resistance to Paralysis
Expertise in Blunt

HP/Level: 10-20

Lowered PER and SPE, raised STR, INT and LUK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom