Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next gen graphics tech demo

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Those tech demos where perhaps impressive 10 years ago, but what's the point of still doing them now that actual games have catched up to it?

Games do not look like that today.

And? It still fails to impress.

I don't know what you are expecting, but the quality is clearly higher than what we have today, the textures, polygons, lighting etc is clearly above of what is today.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
The last time I got impressed by some real-time tech demo was the Samaritan reel from Epic Games. I believe that was in 2013. The other one was the announcement trailer of The Order: 1886, also in 2013. After that this shit just became pointless. This kind of detail and fidelity can now be easily matched in actual games like Gears 5, and earlier titles.

"Next gen" my arse. The jump from X360 to XBONE was already underwhelming. I'd wager the jump from XBONE to Scarlett will be even more underwhelming.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
all this technology and the girl is still flat-chested

:/

This was much better, look at the jugs on this fairy:

And yet both are targeted marketing for the incel demographic. It's like they are trying to teach you how to get laid.

I think the OP one is saying "Look, guys - damaged goods are the low hanging fruit."

The Nvidia one you posted is saying: "Just find yourself a special needs girl."

majestik12

Arcane
can't wait to play all those awesome next gen games where you can really see how terrible a character's skin is
make games great again with pimples, moles and enlarged pores

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If I were a console gamer I would rather they focused on 60fps locked (or even 120) and using native resolution, rather than even more detail and shit that is less important than art design anyway. Maybe that's just me though.

On the PC side, just hoping hardware demands don't ramp up super fast, as I'd like to not upgrade again for several years if possible.

Gerrard

Arcane
can't wait to play all those awesome next gen games where you can really see how terrible a character's skin is
make games great again with pimples, moles and enlarged pores
Cyberpunk 2077 is already there.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nobody cares about your textures or your ray tracing when you still cannot model a smile that doesn't look uncanny. A human face only has 43 muscles ffs.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sweaty dykes with freckles and nose deformation that's state of the art.

k9xqq82f9u311.gif

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
When polygonal fucking doesn't make me cringe we'll know we've made it to the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom