Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni II announced - Coming to PC too!

Duraframe300

Arcane

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Waiting for European release date. It will probably coincide with my PS4 purchase.

Deleted member 7219

Great news. The first one was brilliant. There's no gameplay in this, but it looks like they are continuing the same kind of theme. Not sure why the boy has cat ears, but whatever. Japanese gonna Japan.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Great news. The first one was brilliant. There's no gameplay in this, but it looks like they are continuing the same kind of theme. Not sure why the boy has cat ears, but whatever. Japanese gonna Japan.

The kingdom is Ding Dong Dell

If you've played the first it should be clear

lol what?that is unexpected. i still have first game on my ps3. played for like 5 hours had fun but somehow absolutely forgot about that game

Deleted member 7219

There were lots of cat people there, but I can't remember cat/human hybrids. Maybe there were but I just don't remember. I know the King was a big cat.

Duraframe300

Arcane

There were lots of cat people there, but I can't remember cat/human hybrids. Maybe there were but I just don't remember. I know the King was a big cat.

Yeah, thats what i meant. If hhe was the prince of that kingdom most likely hes half cat

So interspecies fucking is a thing in ni no kuni.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Maybe now I can force myself to beat the first one. I stared to get burnt out around the snowy area. It was getting a bit formulaic but still engaging enough to pick up - if I can remember what the hell I was doing last.

Mozg

Arcane
Looking forward to helping that boy come home and cut every last fukkin rat man head off rahowa

Dyskolos

Cipher
Wish they'd have shown some gameplay to see if the combat's gained any complexity. As much as I enjoyed the first one for the idea and atmosphere I basically went autopilot with the pirate cat and dinosaur and never had any hiccups until the final battle where I actually had to use the main guy's spells.

Still, definitely one step closer to finally jumping on the ps4. Really at this point I'm just waiting for my ps3 to die so I can justify buying a new Netflix machine like this one has long been.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
First one was beautiful but had some really fucking annoying design choices, like the single one battle tune, the same sound effects repeating on end, the grind to level your pets.

lightbane

Arcane
NNK1 was a disappointing, flawed gem that had unlimited potential... But the Level-5 devs fucked up horribly and only the cooperation from the Studio Ghibli guys allowed the game to be somewhat playable. It's quite telling that the weakest parts from the PS3 game has mostly to do with the exclusive content done strictly by Level-5 (I haven't played the original DS version so I can't comment about that one). Worst case scenario, this could become another "White Knight chronicles incident", but hopefully it won't happen.

Moreover, the boy-girl protagonist makes Olliver look like an avatar of masculinity (speaking of which, these villanous rats seem to imply the game is a sequel, which means that everyting Ollie-boy did to save Ding Dong Bell from their own incompetence was for naught). :lol:

I also like the fact that the trailer spoils most of the story, just like nowadays' movie trailers.

On the plus side, Drippy and the rest of these hateful, annoying and cringeworthy fairies are nowhere to be seen. :incline:

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It looks incredible but so did the first. Unfortunately I got bored really quick - and it was waaaaaaay too easy :?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The combat of the first game is a bit annoying, but I must admit that I am most likely going to pick this up. Haven't actually finished the first one, but it is on my to-do-list.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Never finished the first one once I got to the generic snow area. I hate that shit especially after the generic desert level. Charming/pretty game though.

Deleted member 7219

I noticed they've made them into distorted anime characters on the overworld map. That really isn't a Studio Ghibli way of animating characters, so I hope it's not there in the final release.

Combat looked a bit better.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The biggest issues with the first game was the repetitive music that made it impossible for me to enjoy any kind of combat encounter, and the characters...

I really don't want to play as small children, with a small children story, talking to characters straight off a small children's book.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I prefer small children to teenagers. I liked the plot and the characters in the first one.
I liked the first game a lot, the only thing I didn't like about it was some misplaced hand-holding especially that you never have to choose by yourself which feeling to get from people or which one to try and give them. The riddles on the other hand were fun.

lightbane

Arcane
I hope the combat becomes more "actiony" since it seems they kept real-time combat instead of turns. :decline:

If that's so, I don't wish to deal with braindead teammates, so being able to fully focus on a single character would help a lot.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-pc-version-announced/1100-6447231/

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom PC Version Announced

Level-5 confirmed today that Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom will be coming to PC, as well as to PS4.

As part of a lengthy interview with GameSpot, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino confirmed the existence of the PC version, saying "having a PC version means the game is more accessible for everyone overseas. As a fan of Western RPGs, I think our games need to be offering a similarly great experience, utilizing things like an open world, and a stress-free battle systems. It should feel familiar for all gamers."

Hino also spoke about how Studio Ghibli's legacy would be represented in Ni no Kuni II, "Ghibli films mostly deal with families, and ever since we teamed up with Ghibli in the previous games, I really wanted to focus on the bonds of family."

It seems that this time around, Level-5's intention is to make sure Ni no Kuni 2 will be accessible for people from around the world, rather than focusing on the Japanese market first. "We really care about having a worldwide sensibility this time around. In the first game we had a character doing Manzai, for example, but since this game will also be released at the same time for Japanese and Western audiences, from a localization point of view we're really making it as straightforward as possible for players of all cultures to understand."

Publisher Bandai Namco hasn't announced a release date for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, merely confirming it will be available sometime in 2017. Check out our own Edmond Tran's full interview with Hino.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom