Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni II announced - Coming to PC too!

tet666

Augur
I smell denuvo. I remember they had some obnoxious copy protection on PS3 on first one.

Considering Bamco used Denuvo in all their recent games (Tales of Berseria,God Eater 1+2) yeah that's very likely the case.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Good for them. More JRPG's on pc is never a bad thing. The first one was decent even if it did play like babies first RPG. It just felt good to run around on a world map with eye popping graphics. Sure, it was a bit cutesy and gay at times, but I don't have to play grim dark shit all the time to prove my manhood. It did take fucking forever to get past all the handholding tutorial shit. I like what I see of the new one so far. They are going with a slightly more mature theme this time around so that is a big improvement.

Deleted member 7219

Fucking fantastic news. Always hoped it would be the case but never expected it to happen. If they could also bring out the original game that would be fantastic.

Only thing I'm not too happy about is the new overworld map. Why not keep the same art style?

Deleted member 7219

Just watched the trailer. The horrible new "realistic" graphics seem to have been applied to the gameplay too. Look at the backgrounds. Not animated, Ghibli-esque backgrounds, but things that look like they could have been taken from GTA V.

Stupid big heads are still there on the world map too. What the fuck?

I am disappointed.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Let's hope they somehow port the first one like how we're getting Atelier Sophie a month before Firis. Too much to ask for, I imagine.

This will be the first Level 5 game on PC. GUST + Level 5 both releasing their first games on PC in the same year. Just one left now, really..

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Don't get your hopes up for this, unless you are a big fan of the first one, the art is glorious but the story and characters were made for children apparently, it felt like I was playing one of the first Harry Potter books.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Highschool education is making kids dumb. Thus games for kids are fucking hard. I remember I played Dark Souls on keyboard without any hint book.

lightbane

Arcane
The final battle in the first game was hard because it was artificially difficult: The last boss had an uber-attack with virtually no-charge time, impossible to interrupt (it will instead start again as soon as able, unlike EVERYTHING ELSE), your dumb allies can't deal with multiple enemies well and it was obvious here, the boss focuses on the lead character (especially Oliver, self-aware that it has the most DPS potential), etc. It was jarring compared with the bosses from the original part of the game. The whole thing about the White Witch sucked.

As for this game, it seems they are taking inspiration from Kingdom Hearts 2 and such. Let's see how it goes.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The first one was one of the most boring games I've ever played. Hopefully the sequel will be better.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The visuals were really great, and the combat was ok, but the story was predictable and juvenile as fuck. Looks like they may have fixed that a little.

lightbane

Arcane
Yep, totally aping KH2, but now the bosses are even more giant walls of HP to cut down one piece at the time, companions actually do attack but do nothing else (except standing in your way), boss barely does any damage at all, the whole scene is blatantly recycled from the first game...

Perhaps the building minigame will be better, but so far it doesn't seem a revolutionary title.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Level 5 always seems to make interesting aesthetics and world ,yet the game play is absolutely horrible in all a of their recent games.
They haven't made a good jrpg since their ps2 games.
The closest thing resembling a jrpg they made is the yokai watch games and the combat is them is practically automated.
I have no hope in them making anything good or fixing the previous title flaws(handhloding and combat).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5670-ni-no-kuni-coming-to-pc

Ni no Kuni coming to PC?

It appears the original Ni no Kuni will be coming to Steam according to the Bandai Namco France Twitter account.

We've Google Translated the below sequence of tweets for your convenience:

nnkpc.png

So far, only Ni no Kuni II: Revanant Kingdom has been confirmed for a PC release when it's out on November 10, so if this is true, it's a great way for more people to play what was a PlayStation 3 version exclusive (it was originally released on the Nintendo DS without the White Witch content).

Deleted member 7219

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5670-ni-no-kuni-coming-to-pc

Ni no Kuni coming to PC?

It appears the original Ni no Kuni will be coming to Steam according to the Bandai Namco France Twitter account.

We've Google Translated the below sequence of tweets for your convenience:

nnkpc.png

So far, only Ni no Kuni II: Revanant Kingdom has been confirmed for a PC release when it's out on November 10, so if this is true, it's a great way for more people to play what was a PlayStation 3 version exclusive (it was originally released on the Nintendo DS without the White Witch content).

If Ni No Kuni 1 comes to the PC, it could be one of the most beautiful games ever. Just imagine. High-res, AA, all the stuff you can do with a PC port.

Imagine this on your PC:

efca3735ef4a31f388739486b19a671a43cbc203-365834.jpg

A shame they fucked up Ni No Kuni 2 with those world map models. Maybe some genius will be able to mod them out - but it's such an unnecessary change and so much worse than actually using the proper character models.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom