Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

imweasel

I like the new God of War too, but I guess that is because I also a combat fag that enjoys mashing combos into a controller. :shittydog:

imweasel

The combat is really clunky at the beginning of the game. After two hours I was like "what is this shit, this isn't God of War!" and didn't touch the game for two months.

Needless to say I forced myself through the beginning and started to really enjoy the combat, which resembles combat in previous titles. Especially when
you get the blades of chaos.

sullynathan

Arcane
Old GOW never had complex combat. Matter of fact, the game with the best combat in the old series (Ascension) is the most poorly received game in the series and has been theorized to be part of the reason why they changed so much with the new one.

hexer

I don't have PS4 so there's almost no chance I'll ever try the new one.
But from the gameplay videos it kinda reminds me of new Tomb Raiders and maybe Ryse: Son of Rome.

hexer

Zombra upon entering: "The sanctity of this thread has been fouled."

Back on topic, I found this interesting review that examines Nier's themes in more detail

Villagkouras

Arcane
I don't have PS4 so there's almost no chance I'll ever try the new one.
But from the gameplay videos it kinda reminds me of new Tomb Raiders and maybe Ryse: Son of Rome.
No, Ryse was atrocious. The combat is not that bad in GoW but the camera is bad and Kratos moves like a truck. It's ok, Automata was much more fluid in that regard.

imweasel

So, I finished my first playthrough after about 20 hours. :)

I really enjoyed the game... and 2B's skimpy little skirt.

:shredder:

092.gif

hexer

Emil's shop changes depending on the location you find him, right?
I think I found 3 different shops so far - near the desert entrance, near the resistance camp and inside the hole.

hexer

Emil's house is also a very cool location and has some rare fishing catches.
But he must invite you first when you talk to him, otherwise the last door will be deactivated.
I found it by accident when I fell down while fighting on the ground above.
Here's the lift's location

Modron

Arcane
I imagine a number of people have gone in there just at the finish of the third speed star race alone since it puts you on the building you jump to that pipe from.

hexer

Wat, you can find it by accident?

Yeah, I just fell down, caught the pod and landed at the edge of the pipe. Then I entered and found the lift.
It didn't even cross my mind I could enter the pipe, but then again the game has LOTS of hidden items / areas like that.
You can confirm that by installing Item Scan chip.

Btw depressing af character.

Man, his role in the original NieR..
When he brings Kaine back and she sees his new body for the first time.. and he turns his head in shame.. ugly on the outside, angel on the inside. And then the village, and his last scene.. damn

the third speed star race

The horror! That one was insanely hard

Regarding Emil

I also couldn't beat it on hard. Maybe I'll try again one day but I gave up for now

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game is surprisingly heavy for a game that in some parts looks like a PS2 game, it looks like this on my mid-range laptop:
ed0hq5H.jpg

higher resolution and it's unplayable :negative:

And I'd do a short review, but my impression is largely similar to what Zombra had, and similarly I've played about 6 hours according to my save data at this point. (But longer at Steam records due to various circumstances including save scumming) So I kinda feel it's redundant. Theme-wise, anime with robot existentialism isn't exactly new, it goes back as far as Astro Boy, I think, but I'm still expecting to be surprised later. One thing to note from the visual department is how smooth and graceful 2B's movements are, it makes the combat more enjoyable despite being Platinum's least technical combat, even more so than Korra. The animators must really enjoy doing 2B.

Cat

also: ⛽
Been wanting to replay the game, but I can't pass the tutorial on hard because when the framerate drops the game stops registering some inputs, and lowering the difficulty for just that section fills me with a profound sense of shame.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been wanting to replay the game, but I can't pass the tutorial on hard because when the framerate drops the game stops registering some inputs, and lowering the difficulty for just that section fills me with a profound sense of shame.
Minimum graphic settings?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom