Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nier!

yellowcake

Arcane
Alright, I got it. It would be exactly a month's time if I didn't skip a few days because being otherwise busy. Terrific stuff. To put this shortly, Automata is an improvement in every way except charm and character.

If I had to give an advice for new players, it would be to NOT be a completionist, just do side quests as they come and go with the flow of the story. If one is going for the true ending most of the side quests will be doing themselves anyway and the satisfaction is spread more evenly this way.

7xyn3vH.jpg

hexer

Congrats bro! :D
Wish I could play it again for the first time..
Now we wait for Nier 3!

BTW...
I dunno if you know this already but Beepy is the "God" who emerged from a "vulcano" in Nier Automata

hexer

Oh I was wondering what that story was about. Interesting.

It's actually incredible.. when you piece together the whole puzzle.
Although it seems Beepy is trying to kill Kalil when he smashes the roof, he's actually trying to break through so he can save him.
As for what happened to Beepy later and how he became a "Volcano God", here it is directly from Yoko Taro

https://nier.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fire_of_Prometheus

novella-prometheus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Falksi

Arcane

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice, maybe they are announcing a new pachinko machine!

Edit: according to Twitter, "色々と準備しております" - not very specific but let's hope - the 色々 makes me optimistic.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OSTs are out on Spotify. I really like this new trend from Japanese developers. But Square aren't new to Spotify. They have most FF and SaGa OSTs on there.

yellowcake

Arcane
Yeah after I completed the game I read that you can actually do all endings in two passes and I was close to making it, only lacking one weapon that you can get in a quest that I missed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm doing Route A in Automata. My plan is to complete every side quest on my firs run and then do the other endings after.

Modron

Arcane
Endings in Automata aren't different conditions. They are sequential stories, you think when you've finished route B they might just be alternative what ifs/end states on the same story but no you've only played a quarter of the game's content.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I won't be doing all quests on my first run. It turns out that I missed some already. I won't let that hang on my mind as I'm having fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom