Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nightdive Studios, SNEG, Ziggurat, Piko Interactive and others rereleasing classic games

d1nolore

Savant
Check out the abortion that is the gameplay video, that's not what the game looks like is it??

Actually it looks like it is, but it's a very low-res video. Probably something they found on a magazine coverdisc from 20 years ago.

I've zero respect for a company that is too lazy to do a short play test and make a video for their re-release.

I already pegged you for someone having zero respect for anyone, so no surprise there.

What is that supposed to mean? I referenced the company not anyone specifically. I think its a pretty fair criticism seeing as the terrible video doesn't match the screenshots. The screenshots looked interesting so I checked out the steam page but I came away baffled by the terrible video, so they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, Tunnel B1? They're truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel, then ordering a new barrel to open.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

mystery.png

My funny guess: they want to port some FMV games (like Tender Loving Care) on Netflix.

(See: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-05-netflix-choose-your-own-adventure-tv-show-for-adults)

m_s0

Arcane
Shouting "Hey, listen up!" on social media is probably not how you go about pitching ideas...

Tehdagah

Arcane
I never did play 40 Winks. Considered purchasing it many times but I guess early teen me just thought it looked gay based on the cover art, flip-side description and images, and the title. :lol:

In hindsight I bet it's p. cool.

Wonder if they can port Turok 3 to PC.

Why in the ever loving fuck would you want to do that? Was decline! Probably better off remastering Turok: Evolution. Wasn't very good either but it wasn't a total turd.
I never played it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Initially plausible because of recent events: http://www.nightdivestudios.com/nightdive-studios-relocation/

Nightdive Studios LLC Announces Relocation

VANCOUVER, WA (APRIL 01, 2018) – Nightdive Studios, LLC will relocate its Vancouver office to a new development located in the western Pacific Ocean, east of the Mariana Islands, in the desolate region of The Challenger Deep, the deepest known point in the Earth’s seabed.

According to CEO Stephen Kick, “This is the perfect place for us to relocate. The new development will enable us to dwell in the darkness and solitude only the inky blackness of the Ocean can provide. The sealab will be designed with advanced technology enabling us to work efficiently at the staggering depth of 36,000 ft beneath the sea.”

NDS-April_Fools-2018-Sea_lab.jpg

Working with Dusk Development, the firm designed the new 20,000 square foot sealab to include three decks; research lab; sushi bar; combination swimming pool and cephalopod petting zoo; and a 2,000 sq. ft. game development center with seating for up to 100 people and sophisticated game development hardware; “What the firm wanted, we were able to provide. There was a true synergy throughout the whole planning process. We know that they had other options and feel honored to have been chosen by Nightdive Studios to help them create a sealab that meets their needs and fits with their company image,” said Mark Dusk.

Nightdive Studios, LLC was founded in 2012 in Portland, OR. The studio has since grown to over a dozen game developers and is the largest game development studio in the Mariana Trench. The studio combines the individual talents of game developers with diverse backgrounds and experiences into a multi-faceted studio/research lab.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Latest re-release from Piko, The Humans Collection (The Humans, Humans 2: The Jurassic Levels [or Insult to Injury], The Humans 3: Evolution - Lost in Time)

ss_956edd81fb31dc10b0590eef0c56fe57233c9038.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Retroism is alive: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/cloud-m...of-the-clouds-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

Cloud Master remaster Monkey King: Master of the Clouds announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Taito arcade game Cloud Master, which was released in 1988, is coming to PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam worldwide this summer as Monkey King: Master of the Clouds. It will be published by Retroism, a division of Tommo.

Here is an overview of the game, via Retroism:

About

A huge Japanese coin-op hit developed by HOT-B in 1989, the game was later renamed Cloud Master when released outside Japan on the Sega Master System. It subsequently appeared on NES, SFC, and the PC Engine. This upgraded release of the original arcade version includes HD ready elements by developer Starfish-SD, the company formed by the original HOT-B development team.

For the first time, live online leaderboards will add a worldwide competitive quality to the game not possible before.

Key Features
  • Charming pixel Chinese Legends
  • 5 stages of pure action
  • 16:9 HD screen support
  • Two-player local co-op
  • Online leaderboards
  • Keyboard and controller support

I guess they're now going for Japanese retro games? Now this is somewhat understandable.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well hope it's not just cartridge re-release, but also a Steam release.

They've been doing that:

(Come to think of it, I wonder why they didn't release Dragon View along with Drakkhen. Because of that SNES emulator conflict?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom