Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nightdive Studios, SNEG, Ziggurat, Piko Interactive and others rereleasing classic games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Two more Beam Software re-releases from Piko.

Nightshade (1992), a superhero adventure with some action, originally released on NES:

ss_d64fba34eb4442073cd811f55e1ee5edc2671da8.600x338.jpg
ss_f2bfbe1fb3ce327e399c5490f8335b88ed18a7d6.600x338.jpg

Radical Rex (1994), a platformer where you control "a fire-breathing Tyrannosaurus on a skateboard". Rads! Originally released on SNES and Sega Genesis, I assume this release is SNES version:

ss_ef6de1fc9a3185addc82f3f383788102770ee267.600x338.jpg
ss_5a3e983b71d9d1ec86b78923ecb66968c2bf9977.600x338.jpg

Yeah, they still don't give a shit about aspect ratio. Again they just took and stretched screenshots posted on Mobygames.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:what:

Wot, Piko got Softdisk catalog?:

What do they have, I wonder? I think some of its games were already sold off to others or owned by original creators (Dangerous Dave is owned by John Romero himself, for example).

From the looks of the tweets, they have at least 2D Catacombs games (Sylvan Idyll, Ether Quest)?

Hovertank 3D? Dark Designs series?

In other news, Piko will release a Taiwanese RPG originally released for Sega Genesis on Steam:

ss_e99069ed647e4eec1cb9878197cf5396e0c7ef3d.600x338.jpg
ss_69dbb28e4fbc9cd9139af8f6a5053cd6a5bc676e.600x338.jpg

Piko originally sold this as some physical packages.

I thought Blade Runner was one of those things that was buried under so many layers of copyright-hell that it could never crawl out. It'd be cool if that could surface again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some obscure console games from Piko: https://pikointeractive.com/new-wave-of-games-12-titles-up-for-a-short-pre-order/

New Wave of games, 12 titles up for a short pre-order!

45 Day Pre-order of AWESOME RETRO GAMES!

If you like to play retro games in their original format, we have the best news for you! Piko Interactive has prepared 12 different titles for consoles like NES, SNES, Genesis, Jaguar, GBA and Nintendo 64! All the games produced in high quality cartridges with box and manual like back in the 90s! There are different gameplay genres available, from Turn Based RPGs, To Beat’em up, Platformers, Shooters and Puzzles!

They have announced that they have 12 new games on their store ready for pre-order! Pre-orders will start shipping on April 15 2019! Only 45 day pre-order! $5 price hike will apply on and after April 15 2019! Take your chance now and get them at DISCOUNT!

Pre-Order HERE!

Here are the list of titles available for sale:

40 Winks – Nintendo 64
Gourmet Squad – Super Nintendo
Tinhead – Super Nintedo
Little Lancelot – NES
Pyramids of Ra – NES
Exploding Fist – NES
Impossamole – Atari Jaguar
Head Over Heels – Atari Jaguar
Canon: Legends of The New Gods – Genesis
Switchblade – Genesis
Thunderbolt II – Genesis
Custodian – GBA

Games come with box, instruction manual and game cartridge!

We have also acquired inventory from 3-4 stores. Including over 1000 FACTORY SEALED video games for consoles like GB, GBC, Jaguar, SNES, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, 360, and PS3. We will be launching a new e-commerce AND physical store to sell all the inventory that we come up with in our retro gaming adventures!

I have so much to tell you and I will compile it in a one large blog post or a series of blog posts. For now, please support our cause by pre-ordering one of our new 12 retro games!

That Canon: Legends of The New Gods is another Taiwanese RPG that was never released in west.

In othe news, Piko is controversial as ever, are their cartridges have risk of damaging consoles?: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...fficial-Thread&p=838164&viewfull=1#post838164

I can't say who is right on this subject, but that Piko guy's passive aggressiveness is really something.

Solid Snail

Learned
Why Blood is never on sale on Steam? I missed that Fanatical bundle and never got the chance to buy the game again.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some obscure console games from Piko:
New Wave of games, 12 titles up for a short pre-order!

45 Day Pre-order of AWESOME RETRO GAMES!

If you like to play retro games in their original format, we have the best news for you! Piko Interactive has prepared 12 different titles for consoles like NES, SNES, Genesis, Jaguar, GBA and Nintendo 64! All the games produced in high quality cartridges with box and manual like back in the 90s! There are different gameplay genres available, from Turn Based RPGs, To Beat’em up, Platformers, Shooters and Puzzles!

They have announced that they have 12 new games on their store ready for pre-order! Pre-orders will start shipping on April 15 2019! Only 45 day pre-order! $5 price hike will apply on and after April 15 2019! Take your chance now and get them at DISCOUNT!

Pre-Order HERE!

Here are the list of titles available for sale:

40 Winks – Nintendo 64
Gourmet Squad – Super Nintendo
Tinhead – Super Nintedo
Little Lancelot – NES
Pyramids of Ra – NES
Exploding Fist – NES
Impossamole – Atari Jaguar
Head Over Heels – Atari Jaguar

Canon: Legends of The New Gods – Genesis
Switchblade – Genesis
Thunderbolt II – Genesis
Custodian – GBA

Games come with box, instruction manual and game cartridge!

We have also acquired inventory from 3-4 stores. Including over 1000 FACTORY SEALED video games for consoles like GB, GBC, Jaguar, SNES, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, 360, and PS3. We will be launching a new e-commerce AND physical store to sell all the inventory that we come up with in our retro gaming adventures!

The highlighted games interest me because while they're far from being obscure, the versions they mention most certainly are. MobyGames doesn't have any of them on their site, for example.

Very strange. About as strange as the outrageous prices they're asking for them (30-60 USD), seeing as the Jaguar releases are just Atari ST ports.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Impossamole and Head Over Heels for Jag are also straight Atari ST ports, sadly, ported in 2019 by a guy on Atariage forums. He usually adds something worthwhile to take more advantage of the hardware (such as Amiga soundtracks), but these would only be of appeal to Jag collectors who simply have to get every Jag homebrew title no matter what.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nightdive created a channel named "mystery-game" on their Discord, the description being "100 days."

Powerslave remaster, I wonder?

Silentstorm

Learned
Blood is always good, and what the hell, Head Over Heels is coming to Steam!?

That's something i never thought possible, guess i will buy that just because i am curious, i know it's not the OG Spectrum game, but it's one game i heard good things about and never played.

And Impossamole is that one more normal console platformer version of Monty that isn't as good right?

Anyways, kinda cool to see 8-bit and 16-bit computer games(that aren't DOS necessarily) on Steam and other places...even if they are homebrew ports to other systems, but you can't have everything i guess.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
what the hell, Head Over Heels is coming to Steam!?

That's something i never thought possible, guess i will buy that just because i am curious, i know it's not the OG Spectrum game, but it's one game i heard good things about and never played.

This is the Jaguar port, whose origins can best be described as "dodgy". If you want to play Head Over Heels, you can't go wrong with this PC remake from 2002 (EDIT: Links on webpage are dead, try this one.) though purists might be interested in the original Spectrum or Amstrad CPC versions.

And Impossamole is that one more normal console platformer version of Monty that isn't as good right?

It's not a bad game in and of itself, it's just such a departure from the other Monty Mole games. They were screen-to-screen platformers focused on collecting items and circumventing hazards. Impossamole is a side-scrolling beat'em-up with some platforming thrown in.

Silentstorm

Learned
I know it's a homebrew port, but i thought whoever owns the rights to Head Over Heels just allowed them to sell the Jaguar port...who even owns the IP now that Ocean is gone?

Also, on a random note, Rare is letting some guys make a remake of one of their old ZX Spectrum games, Atic Atac, going to something called ZX Spectrum Next and PC of course:

With both versions being shown on the video, it's...huh, didn't expect that game to come back at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
KEX Engine ad:

Nightdive Studios is proud to invite you to try our new game engine, the KEX Engine.

It has previously been used in remastered or enhanced versions of the titles you love. This includes games like: System Shock, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Forsaken, Blood: Fresh Supply, plus many more!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
KEX Engine ad:

Nightdive Studios is proud to invite you to try our new game engine, the KEX Engine.

It has previously been used in remastered or enhanced versions of the titles you love. This includes games like: System Shock, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Forsaken, Blood: Fresh Supply, plus many more!

That logo suspiciously implies Powerslave remaster.

Also a not-so-subtle kick from Kick:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom