Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Puukko

Arcane
40 hours is about right I'd reckon. I don't remember how much smithing I did but it wasn't much and my playtime shows 38 hours.

curds

Magister
40 hours is about right I'd reckon. I don't remember how much smithing I did but it wasn't much and my playtime shows 38 hours.
Did you do many of the side missions? I've honestly been skipping most of them at this point.

Puukko

Arcane
Did you do many of the side missions? I've honestly been skipping most of them at this point.
I'm pretty sure I did most of them, in 2 I only left a couple with extra requirements I couldn't be arsed with. That 38h is not a completed game btw, I got most of the way through the story and didn't touch the DLC yet.

The odd bit is that I can't remember most of the bosses from 1, my mind just draws a blank. Some were reused in 2 like the frog dude but aside from that it's a fog. Hmm...

cruel

Cipher
Heh, first Nioh took me 150h to finish, doing all missions and 3 DLC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Wunderbar

Arcane
I did all side missions to and it took me around 80 hrs to complete the base game + DLCs. In a hindsight, however, most of the side missions are repetitive trash and the only ones that are worth doing are the ones with kodamas/springs.

curds

Magister
In my opinion Nioh is a great game but almost ruined by the unnecessary padding-out. Cutting out half or even more of the side missions could only enhance the game in my opinion. I'm giving it a break for now.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
OK BROS JUST STARTED THIS

THE LOOTFEST IS ANNOYIING

IM STILL WONDERING ABOUT THE COMBAT CAUSE SOMETIMES A HIGH STANCE AXE FUCKING WRECKS EVERYONE BUT NOT CONSISTNETT

LOVE THE DOUBLE SWORDS MEDIUM THEY ARE BEST FOR ME ONE ON ONE WITH HUMAN BROS

MORE THAN ONE OR A HUGE BRO I NEED THE AXE

THE SPEAR IS GOOD TOO MEDIUM STANCE STRONG ATTACK IS POKEPOKEPOKE FOR THE WIN

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO THANKS LOLLOLOL I HEARD ABOUT THE DEEP COMBAT BUT NOT SEEING IT SO MUCH

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ya, I don't know about the depth, but chunking enemies with me huge ax sure felt satisfying for me...

How come there doesn't seem to be as much chatter and hype about this game as there was for the first, I mean outside of here? Seems like a Legend of Grimrock 2 situation, as far as attention.
It looks like a full-priced map pack so it's only going to appeal to those Nioh players who'd be ok with paying for more of the same (half of them?). IMO Nioh's Samurai Souls schtick had a lot of room to improve (trash diablo loot/timesink, lack of invasions, faggoty fireworks, repetitive content) yet the sequel appears to have either kept those aspects the same or even doubled down on some of them (magical demon transformations) right as Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima popped out.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STILL PLAYING

FUNNY THING A SUPER OVER LEVELED BRO MUST HAVE FALLEN IN WATER CAUSE EVERY TIME I KELLL THE REVENANT I GET ENOUGH XP FOR A NEW LEVEL

DID THIS A FEW TIMES FOR NICE GEAR

Suicidal

Arcane
Revenants are a cool idea but for a first playthrough I recommend not using them, cause as the person above said they can easily break the balance by giving you good gear too soon. The exception are developer placed revenants (that can be identified by the red name that's usually some long Japanese name and not PussyDestroyerXxX69) cause they have area appropriate gear and sometimes even have some lore dialogue when you kill them.

Got myself a new fagpad, 25 jewro xbox one alternative. Shit, the damn thing feels better in hands than original, thanks to that leather padding on sides. Naturally I expect it to break after a week or two.

hs-305w-xbox-onepc_xbig.jpg

So finally getting into this Nioh thing. When I tried it previously I must have been in wrong mood for it because I dropped it before finishing first mission. But now I'm quite enjoying myself. Except I suck at it way worse than I ever sucked at Souls games or Sekiro. Been stuck in this second mission in caves for two days now, battling that umbrella bitch. :lol: Still, this is clearly a good game. Is there a Codex consensus as to which Nioh game is better?

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Still, this is clearly a good game. Is there a Codex consensus as to which Nioh game is better?
Nioh 2 is just the first one on steroids. They took everything (both good and bad) that was in the first game and multiplied it by 100. I'd say that the only thing that's missing in the sequel is the broken living weapon overpowered gameplay, while there are so many additions that the gameplay of the first one is now basically obsolete.

Nioh 2 is just the first one on steroids. They took everything (both good and bad) that was in the first game and multiplied it by 100. I'd say that the only thing that's missing in the sequel is the broken living weapon overpowered gameplay, while there are so many additions that the gameplay of the first one is now basically obsolete.

Cool, so that means after finishing I can safely jump to the second game without doing any additional sperging in first.

Suicidal

Arcane
Yeah, Nioh 2 is better than 1 in pretty much every way. The only thing I dislike in 2 compared to the original is that they added some mechanics that let you stunlock bosses quite easily which eliminate some of the challenge (at least on lower difficulty levels). Other than that, everything has been improved - more (and more creative) weapons, bigger movesets, more enemies, better and more varied boss fights, better levels (although most still suck dick), character creator, more ARPG mechanics like PoE-style maps, endless possibilities for character build autism, etc.

Perkel

Arcane
Well shit you're making me want to drop the first game and jump to second one already. :lol:

There is no reason to play nioh 1. There isn't any good story in it and like other said mechanically nioh 2 is much better.

Also in NiOh 1 you play some faggot. NiOh2 gives you full character creator.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well shit you're making me want to drop the first game and jump to second one already. :lol:
Yeah later difficulties in Nioh is pure sperging, if you're not into that you can safely do just Samurai, maybe Strong, and jump into the second game. As was said ITT it's Nioh 1 but bigger and with more bells and whistles. Personally, I thought it was a bit too bloated in places but your mileage may vary.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Cool, so that means after finishing I can safely jump to the second game without doing any additional sperging in first.
Well, if you enjoy the gameplay, I think Nioh 1 is still worth a fair bit of sperging. All the various NG+ cycles and the whole Abyss thing are not for everyone, but if you enjoy that sort of things then you will have the time of your life.

There is no reason to play nioh 1.
I wouldn't go that far. There are still areas, bosses, and challenges worth experiencing. I'm thinking mainly about the Umi-Bozu and Yuki-Onna levels, but I'm sure there are more.

Ok I am complete fucking garbage at this game. Just died to umbrella cunt about 10 more times. Really sick of this fucking cave mission by now. :lol: Even ended up grinding levels on all these Yokai here, because I gathered an armor set from revenants that required 9 Body and Strength to unlock it's special effects. Not that it made me any better at this fucking boss. I even tried not using my main weapon, dual swords, and going for more damaging options like odachi and spear but nope, even worse with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom