Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NMA Fallout developer interviews still online

Diggfinger

Arcane
Today is Jason D Anderson's b-day, so my nerdy mind decided to
a) advertise for the great Wiki page I wrote on him, and
b) tell you guys that all of the exxxcellent Fallout Developer interviews are still available @ No Mutants Allowed.

The key is simply to add archive in the links:

JDA interview
http://archive.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=38981

Tim Cain
http://archive.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=7219

Leonard Boyarsky
http://archive.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=7623

etc.

- Digg

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Holy shit, I remember visiting NMA. It's like falling into a pit full of angry virgins. Damn, that place is depressing. Made my day when someone on another forum showed me the Something Awful article ripping them a new asshole.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
He later purchased an Amiga with which taught himself to use 3D Studio.

You're missing a "he" in there, and 3D Studio is not Amiga software.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I used to post on NMA years ago, but unfortunately the last time I looked it had been taken over by SJWs and Bethesda apologists.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I used to post on NMA years ago, but unfortunately the last time I looked it had been taken over by SJWs and Bethesda apologists.
Guy, that place was always shit. Just a bunch of whiny faggots. Seems like it was taken over by even whinier faggots.

Perfect quote from the SA article reflecting NMA.
"We know why we aren't taken seriously. It's because other people don't take Fallout seriously..."

Those faggots were sodomizing themselves with their physical copy of Fallout. Fucking glad they got taken over.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Holy shit, I remember visiting NMA. It's like falling into a pit full of angry virgins. Damn, that place is depressing. Made my day when someone on another forum showed me the Something Awful article ripping them a new asshole.
Like Something Awful is better. A front page writer that does it for free no less.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Like Something Awful is better. A front page writer that does it for free no less.
Never been to that site other than to read that article someone gave me. Couldn't give a rat's ass if the admin was Hitler himself, but their article was like witnessing a fucking murder. Straight demolished NMA. I can understand fans of that site being butt-hurt over it.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
You seem emotionally invested in it, so I'm guessing you're a Bethesda fanboy, and you're mad they don't like Fallout 3.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Perfect quote from the SA article reflecting NMA.
"We know why we aren't taken seriously. It's because other people don't take Fallout seriously..."

So your fundamental objection to NMA is their belief that the Fallout license was not handled with due respect?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
He later purchased an Amiga with which taught himself to use 3D Studio.

You're missing a "he" in there, and 3D Studio is not Amiga software.

Probably confusing it with the Lightwave part.
It's still not clear which he taught himself or if both? First the page mentions 3D Studio and then Lightwave in the same manner.

Shitty wiki page, would not edit.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

The Fallout/Fallout 2 modding forums are pretty much the only thing worth reading there now days.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guy, that place was always shit. Just a bunch of whiny faggots. Seems like it was taken over by even whinier faggots.
Yeah, I'll definitely take your word that it was always shit, after all you read a SA article and I only visited the site regularly for a good 3 or 4 years in the early 2000s.

pippin

Bah that isn't the interview where Tim Cain says nice things about Fallout 3.

iirc he later said the ending sucked because it didn't reflected anything you did in the game. He wanted an ending slide for all the locations you would end up visiting,like Megaton, but also other minor places like the Republic of Dave. It is certainly curious that they decided to include the old lady's hideout in the ending but just that.
Under that logic, I'm less angry at the fact that FO4's endings are the same but with a couple of sentences changed here and there. It doesn't make sense to pretend everything else besides the Main Quest matters anymore.

Star Wars Galaxies

Interesting. Never heard of it.
Supposedly it was an okay MMO for a while, then got redesigned and tanked.

I've heard some people saying it was the best thing ever.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You seem emotionally invested in it, so I'm guessing you're a Bethesda fanboy, and you're mad they don't like Fallout 3.
Really? Look at my small number of posts (for this forum). Look up the amount of times I've talked about Fallout: 3 or said it was a good game.

Yeah, I'm mad they don't like a game I didn't really like.

Fucking hell, man. You sound like you are projecting onto me. Sounds like you revolve your taste in video games around forums, which is epically sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom