Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Perkel

Arcane
koyqett5wrb11.png

Perkel

Arcane
That looks good. I wonder if this is fake as everything else like sun and other shit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
No man's buy finally looks SOMETHING like it was supposed to 2-3 years back? lul.

who even gives a fucking fuck. let it burn.

A lot of people seem to. I'm not a fan of "release now we'll fix later" but I'm always open to a nice redemption story. Especially if it means getting a decent to good game out of it in the end.

Now that I think about it, all my favorite games in recent years have been games that launched in a poor and disappointing state and got updated into something worth playing.

What's there to redeem? The gameplay fundamentally relies on the Gather -> Craft -> Travel -> Gather cycle but its boring and meaningless as hell because there is nothing else to do. It's progress for the sake of progress without rhyme or reason. (Much like the leftist ideology the devs no doubt adhere to.)

Perkel

Arcane
patch notes

Honestly i am impressed.

For me highlight is that you can now own whole group of big ships and unlike before those ships have now roles, support, combat, trade etc. So in theory you can make whole armada and fight wars.
I hope they will add more space combat in future updates and AI wingmen.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No man's buy finally looks SOMETHING like it was supposed to 2-3 years back? lul.

who even gives a fucking fuck. let it burn.

A lot of people seem to. I'm not a fan of "release now we'll fix later" but I'm always open to a nice redemption story. Especially if it means getting a decent to good game out of it in the end.

Now that I think about it, all my favorite games in recent years have been games that launched in a poor and disappointing state and got updated into something worth playing.
One would be surprised how apologetic some people can be about NMS. I just had a little argument with some bloke who tried to convince me that we should be thankful to the developers that they continue to support the game instead of running away with the money they earned so far. Yep, finishing your damn game people paid 60 dollars for is a privilige in this day.

Gerrard

Arcane
Murray should be grateful not because some people gave them a second chance, but because they didn't sure the shit out of them.
I just realized that this fucking game has been $60 all this time.

??

enhanced steam says it's currently 25jewros on gmg, and historical lowest was 22jewros. currently 27,5 on steam
The regular price I mean.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The game with all uptades is 14.08 gigabytes, way less than I thought. It's tempting.

ADL

Prophet
Having loads of fun with this, game is 3—4x the game that was shown prior to release at this point. I hope public sentiment turns around so they can start monetizing it a little because I don't see how they can keep updating this for free.

This has only been receiving patches for two years. Imagine if this got the Warframe treatment where development continued for another three or four years.

praetor

Arcane
i only wish Elite Dangerous got patches of this order of magnitude that actually improve the game, not just add shitty, shallow grind :negative:

Gerrard

Arcane
So I'm watching an MP stream and in the first 30 minutes we learn that weather is client side.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Also, all the "amazing" procedural generated clouds I've seen look like they are sped up 50 times.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I don't see how they can keep updating this for free.

just pc alone (and it sold a lot more on consoles):
1,5mln x (60$-40% on taxes/steamcut) = $45mln

divide 45 mln by 15 people

Even if they will work for next few years for "free" they will still be rich and that is assuming they won't even sell one copy (and game is still 60$ !!)

edit: Currently 50% off and it is as 1st place top selling game global on steam

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It seems DRM-free version doesn't exactly rank as highly.
https://af.gog.com/news/no_mans_sky_next_update_now_live?as=1649904300

The multiplayer element of NEXT is not yet included in the DRM-free edition of the game. Read more about the delay below:

"From launch, the DRM-free edition of No Man's Sky will include all single-player content introduced by NEXT: third-person mode, upgraded visuals, better base building, player customization, and more.However the multiplayer component will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline. For a small, independent studio, developing the feature across multiple platforms is a hugely ambitious and technical challenge which resulted in this delayed release. Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.We appreciate your immense support and patience.

- Hello Games & GOG.COM Team
"

Fortunately, GOG is already on the ball.
https://af.gog.com/news/extended_refund_policy_for_no_mans_sky?as=1649904300

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom