Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Drax

Arcane
Fantastic, they can handle high-school level math. This is bound to be a success.

Drax

Arcane
Fantastic, they can handle high-school level math. This is bound to be a success.
i'd laugh at this but a fuckton of codexers can't even into basic order of operations.
I know I can't, but I also now that's some fucking basic math... It's like me saying I'm tackling time-travel physics by posting a "base*height" calculation...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I know I can't, but I also now that's some fucking basic math... It's like me saying I'm tackling time-travel physics by posting a "base*height" calculation...
really? can you even tell me what kind of equations those are?

Drax

Arcane
I remember the format, the x' and y' equations but I can't, for the life of me, actually remember what the fuck those were used for... Apart from getting a 0 in my exams...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
'are first order derivatives, and those equations are differential equations, though i am too lazy to check if what he wrote there is coherent. anyhoo, how do you know that is simple math if you haven't calculated it yourself to see if it checks out?

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Yes, posting news in a game topic and not being off-topic all the time is actually a bad thing as we can see.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BwiTUhYIcAAjsCf.jpg

BwmfD7nIIAAi0Zk.jpg

aLtMXSL.jpg

balmorar

Arcane
Can anybody notice if the oak-like trees have 2D sprite leaves on the branches or not in the trailers?

balmorar

Arcane
"No Man's Sky may have something new at the Gamestop Expo (self.NoMansSkyTheGame)

submitted 2 hours ago by r0ugew0lf

Sean has been saying something new is coming out soon, right? Well I saw this tweet last night and got curious what was going on. After little bit of research, I found out that it's probably linked to the Gamestop Expo. Sean's been tweeting about going on a trip, and he tweeted this this morning. Here's an article about what will be livestreamed. Sony is listed there twice, though nothing scheduled today apparently. I'd imagine if they are presenting, it will be through Sony again. That's what they did at E3.

Take into account that this is pure speculation going off of tiny hints I've seen on twitter. Keep an eye onhttp://www.twitch.tv/GameStop, maybe we'll see something new!

If you have any other information I missed, please share!"

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Bullshit, I'll believe it when I see it. From that list:

Planets will generally only have one type of resource

Fun is put above scientific accuracy. Flying between planets won’t be long and monotonous, and neither will flying out of an atmosphere

If planets really were realistically sized, there would be more than one resource per planet, obviously. Just think of Earth and how mindbogglingly gigantic it is, and then consider the fact there are even larger terrestrial planets out there. If it takes only seconds to get from planet surface to outer space like the second point seems to indicate, there's no way they'll be even close to "planet sized".

Not that they even need to be, mind you. But until I see some proper proof showing otherwise (like straight gameplay footage without any cutaways), I'm just not buying their claims about the planetary scale.

balmorar

Arcane
It won't be a hundred percent realistic, they don't want to make it boring like all the other space sims out there. Planets will be big but with a fast ship they will feel small and planets will be closer to each other. The resources part may be similiar to Star Trek or something. "We found dilithium crystals on this planet in this star system but the other planets don't have any. Those have tribbles."

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
It won't be a hundred percent realistic
or 70%. or 50%. or 30%.. or any %, really.
they don't want to make it boring like all the other space sims out there.
talking in the sims forum, which has a fair share of space sim fans, about how all the space sims out there are boring is pretty stupid on your part, especially when you recommend this thing here to space sim fans in other threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom