Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence / Souzou on Steam

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's a little weird how the Ashikaga don't seem to have any special events. I mean, they were the freaking Shogunate already.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
So the ronin has surpassed the sensei....... I'm proud of you son.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Took a break at midnight.
I was writing on my notebook.
Who to send. Possible unit command combination
What tactic to deploy.
From which garrison to send.
What if they rout? Where to draw the next garrison from?
What if a second front is created? Would it draw the Hojo away?
Can we build a new fort somewhere?
No. We must construct additional tenshus on the pathway to enemy borders to power the invasion army.
What time is it anyway?
It's Monday 2 AM.
I have to go to work in 6 hours.
*closes book*

RK47

Patron
Fucking Hojo and their fucking triforce. Make my expansion come to a screeching halt, will you?

I learned how to finally lock down the Hojo.
Since his army seems reluctant to take the offensive, yet always responded firmly to any troop build up on the borders, I decided I would attack from the rearmost-castle levy first. Slammed 30k onto the closest castle to the border. Await the oncoming 50,000 response - then send another force to hit them from the north. At the same time calling the Coalition to strike from the West.

00.jpg

With this, I've captured three Hojo Castles to the north while their forces are trying to regroup.
And to my surprise most of the northern Hojo troops I encountered were lead by less capable generals and tend to have less equipment with them.

19.jpg

RK47

Patron
IMAGAWA HAS STARTED AN ANTI-HOJO COALITION AND INVITED ME! SENPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!

Of course, I know if we win, he'll be the next Hojo...

A wasted opportunity.
As the leader of a Coalition you can direct attacks from your members.
Instead you are now a pack member instead of the Alpha.

Shamefur Dispray.

A Beta can beat the Alpha in time.

Beta male strategy is to wait until you can take advantage of the alpha's weakness. It would be dishonorble but in the cheaterocracy the fake alpha elites are little more than efficient sociopaths so the minor clan 'thals are more suited to the task. :highergame:

RK47

Patron
Well, it's a deadlock. Hojo stacks ATK value is just broken. And they can spam A-tier officers every day.
Won 2 mass-battles in a row, didn't matter. They still kept coming. Scored like 3 unimportant castles to the north while Nagao captured 2 as well, but it didn't change anything. I planted three new forts up north but they grew too slowly.

notfunmen.jpg

Meanwhile in the west, Imagawa took heavy losses and lost 3 great cities by their borders. Worrying if they ever get pushed further back to Nagoya. I need a new plan.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I was talking about Daimyo Residence, not main base. Seems like my bastard at least doesn't want to move to a bigger castle.

Also, what's the difference between a Palace and a Castle?

RK47

Patron
Also, what's the difference between a Palace and a Castle?

I have no idea. Your daimyo residence could be a special event structure. Are you playing historical? Some clans have unique bonus policy and buildings.
Look at Hojo clan event and tell me if it's not imbalanced bullshit.
There is no way you can lose playing Hojo unless you skip turns.

Whisky

The Solution
I have no idea. Your daimyo residence could be a special event structure. Are you playing historical? Some clans have unique bonus policy and buildings.
Look at Hojo clan event and tell me if it's not imbalanced bullshit.
There is no way you can lose playing Hojo unless you skip turns.

What does their event do?

I got into my first direct fight against the second Hojo clan leader and BOOM, he has a skill that turns him invincible for a short period.

Maker of this must have a fucking hardon for the Late Hojo.

I still kicked his ass and all, too bad he had reserves from his blob expansion.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm still playing as a custom clan in Kyushu, trying to figure out all the stuff you can do in this game. Haven't run into the Hojo yet, who seem to be biding their time since the rapetrain hasn't moved much outside of Kanto and aren't even in top 5 clans in terms of population and soldiers. Probably a ruse. Start date was Birth of Nobunaga so I'd have max time for dicking about.

Now I'm wondering how long it takes for treachery attitude malus to go away, since I realized I'd made a huge mistake marrying to my neighbour because it walled me in safe but without options for lebensraum. Thankfully it doesn't prevent diplomacy in general, and Feudal Japan doesn't know the phrase "beware Greeks bearing gifts", so I've got a marriage alliance with the Takeda and Miyoshi (with Date following eventually) now, while biding my time around Yamaguchi before embarking on further conquest (since I'm wary of this whole coalition thing that might happen to me).

I've been wondering about the provinces thing, and whether one should organize those. Should I? What are the pros and cons? I've so far just appointed castle lords across my territory, and only the two latest castles conquered got outside my control zone.

(I also figured out how the castle moving thing works, it was just a little confusing to figure out, so now my daimyo happily resides in Kumamoto)

RK47

Patron
I've been wondering about the provinces thing, and whether one should organize those. Should I? What are the pros and cons? I've so far just appointed castle lords across my territory, and only the two latest castles conquered got outside my control zone.

You should not organize one unless it's absolutely necessary since eventually some will fall outside your Zone of Control. You can also check the governing officer's special bonuses if you wish. IIRC appointing them as a province governor has 3 Traits attached to them. One that can reduce road travel time when passing through 'his province' roads can be very useful.

But overall, in early to mid game you want full control fox maximum benefit n efficient troop and manpower distribution.
Many players also express frustration at late game since the more they expand, the less control they have of newly conquered territories, often forcing them to move their home base forward and relinquishing control of the often-highly developed home provinces with its 10k garrison and lots of resources.

Whisky

The Solution
I'm still playing as a custom clan in Kyushu, trying to figure out all the stuff you can do in this game. Haven't run into the Hojo yet, who seem to be biding their time since the rapetrain hasn't moved much outside of Kanto and aren't even in top 5 clans in terms of population and soldiers. Probably a ruse. Start date was Birth of Nobunaga so I'd have max time for dicking about.

You're about as far away as possible from Hojo. Trust me, just wait. If you blink, Honshu will become Hyrule.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom