Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nonsense n' Chaos

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Well excuuuuuuuse me for having a rich, rewarding social life having work eat me alive.

Thanks, Dreaad.

The thought of a community where they don't ask for extensions, EVER, is both intriguing and terrifying.

Oh, also, here's some of the Marabrian cavalry:

2kes86.jpg
Muffet-riding savages!

29gbclu.jpg
Skinny pony-riding knights!

mondblut

Arcane
At least list off your probably insane and silly sacred troops or shape changing troops that the mod loves to make. Or hobbits riding werebeavers, something! :argh:

We are a proud nation of heavily armored, lucerne hammer-wielding midgets who habitually employ clockwork power armors and are ruled by giant assassin wizards. No werebeavers, sadly.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Some of my more amusing units:
  • A Zotz riding a jaguar (no flying allowed :shittydog:)
    EE3EE9C68CE86CFABD1D927728164607FCB431BF

Zotz Jaguar that can't fly is good stuff, for comedic value and otherwise.

29gbclu.jpg
Skinny pony-riding knights!

Skeleton pony knight is good too, but too close to the regular Nightmares(which are also good).

*sigh* No sacred, recruit anywhere, half giant marauders that shape change into fire elementals on death?

I suppose I am appeased, for now.

:backawayslowly:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
If someone else wants to be 'vigilant' admin go ahead, but I only check messages once a day in a 3-4 hour time frame so that isn't a lot.

I can change the hosting interval, postpone when I can or someone else take admin, those are the options.

The nation of Ravence is pretty mundane aside from their unusual obsession with banners

4VzZ9GA.png

I also have these panther riding sacreds which are pretty decent

BWZ1cu0.png

As well as assassins and mages who will be really good at summoning demon troops

Here are my kitty-knights going through some infidels.

W9 bless ontop of 19 defence and 4 attacks is pretty cool

wRVD9GH.png

Last edited:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Oh, the banner people! It's like everyone and their panther is an inspiring leader over there. Home of selp-help books and whatnot.

Those and the clockwork halflings were some of my favourites.

Isiloon : Maybe someone could step in as a "crisis host" and help manage things when you're busy. You'd give 'im the password and the players can reach him for extensions and such.

I volunteer.

Zibniyat

Arcane
For those not knowing, flags can be seen in the messages menu. Just select to send a text message or anything else, and you'll see a list of nations with their respective flags.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
a1u2ow.jpg

In the northern reaches of our world, beyond the peaks of Snowford and the great Omgath river, there lies a solitary castle, perched atop a cliff dominating an umber forested valley. It's not a beautiful or especially remarkable castle, with its slanted roofs and high towers, clearly visible behind the solid walls from the village below. In clear nights, one can see the lights on the topmost tower and the wind brings the clanking of the sentinel's armors while making the rounds. However, there's a certain air to the castle. A lingering aura of sadness, with a tinge of despair… if you stare long enough, you start to feel the stones can't bear the secrets they hold, and they want, they NEED, to share them with you.

This used to be the seat of the Duchy of Marabria, home of the once-famous Hexper's Iron Riders, the most feared cavalry company in all of Valanis. It was also a place known in other, gentler circles, as the Castle kept the Duchess' Art & Curio gallery, which held artifacts and pieces from all the known nations and some which defied description and puzzled many a lore-keeper. The Duchess of Marabria was a striking woman, even in her mature years, who adored her husband and family, but who also possessed a cunning, ruthless disposition when it came to expanding her collection, through any means necessary. Duke Hexper coddled her, and brought many a curious trinket from his expeditions and raids.

Alas, as is often the case in this, our old and tired world, those tales belong to a happier, brighter past. The Scourge (or the “Blight”, as is known to southern scholars) put an end to everything that was good and pure. And here you will find no exception. When the Scourge came, Duke Hexper and his Iron Riders were just returning from a victorious campaign against the Zotz slave-lords. It was a cold night, and most of the women of the castle were busy preparing the feast they usually held for their men, weary and bloody from hard-earned glory. Song and music were starting to fill the chilly air, along with the sparks of so many torches lighting the garden, when the sky parted and the wave of devastating magic hit the riders and their entourage. A great rumbling, as if the earth itself was collapsing, could be heard, and then… then the horror began.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Deep in the plains of Ravence, a group of large-feline knight-raiders... never mind

picture says it all

maxresdefault.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
False. You weren't even decent enough to confirm the terms of the NAP. Being silent about a proposal does not make that proposal accepted, is my position.

:smug:

Last edited:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
i2plz5.jpg

The wave of corrupting magic engulfed Hexper and his cohorts in a sickly yellowish glow. It lasted no more than a few seconds, but its consequences would be felt for ages to come. The bodies of the gallant horsemen and their beasts started twisting, shifting incontrollably. Their forms bulged and contorted, ripping apart their garments and armor, while the most inhuman, gurgling screams rang in the night. They were becoming beasts, unholy aberrations bereft of reason and possessed only by an unquenchable thirst for mayhem and destruction. Some of them fell to the Scourge immediately and started attacking each other and the prisoners they had brought back from their campaign, which were also starting to change into great, leathery night horrors. Others were trying to resist the change, attempting to hold back the urge to let go and embrace the corrupting power that fell from the skies. A bloody scuffle erupted, while the few soldiers that weren't hit by the spell confronted the raging beasts.

Inside the Castle, the women were transfixed in terror. No one knew what to do: the night of celebration and reunion with their loved ones had taken a nightmarish turn. Where their brothers, fathers and husbands had stood a moment before, horrid monsters were devouring the carcasses of the fallen, and by now some were ramming the doors, trying to get inside. Marabrian women weren't generally trained for warfare: theirs was a more refined, scholarly lot. The most resolute among them directed the others to barricade the doors and to try to gather weapons to defend themselves, fighting the tears all the while. But they knew it was for naught: nearly a hundred terrified and poorly armed women against a raging horde of bloodthirsty abominations. They had magicks on their side, for Marabria spawned many a great Sorceress back then, but still it felt like a desperate struggle, which could only lead to death.

The women retreated to the main hall, blocking the accesses. They could hear the beasts rampaging around, howling and laughing madly with distorted voices. Some could even swear they heard their men calling to them in raspy whispers. Shaken but not yet defeated, they stood in the center of the great hall, forming a circle back to back. The monsters were getting close.

It was then that the women noticed that the Duchess was not among them. They did not have time to wonder about her fate, for it was in that same moment that the gates busted open and a flood of horrible, vile creatures poured forth.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Anhur and mondblut you picked the wrong person to fuck with.

8DlrRBL.png

Hey everybody, guess who doesn't have an army anymore.

101899260-RTR40NEF.530x298.jpg

Last edited:

Zibniyat

Arcane
From the looks of the battle report (which I've seen in-game as well ;)) I'm not sure there's anybody left with an army there...

In other news, I must say, it feels good playing as Caelum* again. It just somehow feels right. Playing it is like breathing clean, fresh and chilly mountain air. Quite refreshing. I'm LOVING IT.

Also, more fliers are on their way, fresh recruitments from my forts. :smug:

P.S. Gilafron , I just wanted to say that I somewhat like mondblut Brooden, so I hope you plan no undesirable moves against them. My fliers can, after all, reach far...:smug:

*LA Tamaror is basically LA Caelum with some sacred non-flying archers... kinda like sacred crossbowmen of LA Caleum.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Hey Gilafron don't listen to Anhur because he's about to die and his fliers can reach you, but then he wont have anyone defending his capital from my army that's coming for some booty.

also his fliers died in melee to my indie crossbowmen, which they outnumbered.

you can feel good about jumping around the rivers near my province, but the army heading your way is just a bit bigger than what you saw mondblut fighting.

its kind of like, mondblut has basically nothing now, anyone and their dog could conquer his treacherous raisin ass

mondblut

Arcane
Hey everybody, guess who doesn't have an army anymore.

This side of the river? Why, Ravence.

Bowmen will take exactly 1 turn to replace. Sacreds, 2. Mages a bit more, but I'll manage. And that's not counting reserves already produced or too late to the field.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Ah, the intricacies of diplomacy. Raggedy men and filthy beasts yelling at each other atop a dusty hill. :obviously: So unrefined.

Also, new people, don't be shy and join the chatter :3

Midorishun

Barely Literate
I find myself to not be a very chatty person when it comes to the game. I view everyone through a lens of "you will use everything I say against me", which, considering this forum, is more than likely true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom