Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nosgoth - F2P multiplayer Legacy of Kain spinoff - CANCELLED

DraQ

Arcane
Might just be plain ol' RTS and not moba.
Still stupid tho'
"moba" is the rts of today.
tumblr_med6veIenp1rqt0kqo1_500.jpg

MCA
Oh man when SE delivers you know there will be face palming. First with Deus Ex Fail. Now with, wait for it.................Nosgoth a multiplayer game in the Legacy of Kain universe. So yeah lets forget about this one and move on.
Details below.
"We're aware that the community has been actively discussing rumours about a game currently in development called Nosgoth," said a Square Enix representative to Eurogamer, "after it was referenced in AMD's Crossfire Application Profile and the Steam database last week."
"While we can confirm that this game exists, is in active development and is set in the same universe as the Legacy of Kain games, it's not a traditional or even single-player LoK experience."
"Given the AMD and Steam leaks, it feels weird to have a bunch of info out there and we don't want the community to get the wrong idea, especially as the game won't be at this year's E3."
Square Enix confirmed that Nosgoth is not being developed by long-time series developer Crystal Dynamics, who most recently worked on this year's Tomb Raider reboot. Nosgoth is also a "separate branch" to the Blood Omen and Soul Reaver franchises.
"We can also tell you that Nosgoth is not being developed by Crystal Dynamics, nor are they working on a Legacy of Kain game right now and while our game is set in the world of Nosgoth, it's very much on a separate branch to both the Soul Reaver and Blood Omen series."
"Sorry to be so cagey," continued the Square Enix representative. "There will be an official announcement in due course when we'll reveal Nosgoth properly, so we can't go into tons of detail just at the moment. Everyone at Square Enix is really excited by the game and we're all looking forward to lifting the veil of secrecy in the future.”
:fight:

"War for Nosgoth" sounds like an MMO name, or a strategy.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If this were the Blood War, EA would be Baator and Square Enix would be the Abyss.I don't know who is better or worse but if both died, the world would be a better place.

Borelli

Arcane
I'm gonna ask the same question i asked about Thief 4. What is the point of making your game part of an old series instead of making a new one if all the changes to the gameplay/story will piss off old fans while new ones won't even care about the series enough to buy it on name alone?

Zeriel

Arcane
If they had invested that much effort into an actual singleplayer game, they could have made way more money. I really don't understand studio decisions sometimes.

Well, I suppose they did invest that much effort into a singleplayer game, then threw all the money away. Bravo, gaming executives, bravo.

ETA: The website seems to indicate it takes place between Blood Omen and SR1--maybe between SR1 and SR2 considering Kain is mentioned to be "missing". But the fact the lieutenants are mentioned to be fighting amongst each other and the Razielim (aka Raziel's babies) are mentioned to be "degenerated" sounds more like a prelude to SR1 to me.

Here are my feelings on LoK from this point forward:

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
ALL

OF

MY

HATE

:rage:

They need to cast in the Lake of the Dead so they can burn forever like traitors and weaklings.

I mean, they could have AT LEAST made use of the Human Citadel as the game area.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well at least there's blissfully little about the Soul Reaver remake. Maybe it's been cancelled quietly? I mean, the chance they'd remake the game using the entire original design document is MINISCULE.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this point I'm just mildly thankful that Bethesda/Bioware isn't writing this game. Whatever this 'game' is.

deuxhero

Arcane
Seriously, of all the games to rape for profit, why LoK? It was cult at best as far as titles owned by SE go.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Can't let the new Thief game outdo us in the bullshit department, now can we?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83729065&postcount=346

Humans - who, up until this point, had been entirely enslaved - start attacking Vampire strongholds and even incapacitate one of Kain’s lieutenants, Dumah, for several centuries (as evinced by his comparative lack of devolution in comparison to Zephon and Melchiah).

Had all the Razileim been killed by that point? Well, obviously not, 'cos they're in our game. Do we even know whether the Razileim were actually ever destroyed completely? If you've done your research, you'll know Amy Hennig was purposefully vague on this point... and so are we. (Plus, we do actually have some pretty cool plans to *show* you what happened to them after Raziel got cast down without using cut-scenes. It's actually pretty exciting stuff).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom