Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info NWN 1.65 patch released

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights

There's a <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html">new patch</a> for <A href={"http://nwn.bioware.com">Neverwinter Nights</a>. For those keeping up, this patch is the full release version of <b>1.65</b>. It fixes a number a issues, which you <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patchdetails165.html">read here</a>. The patch is available for all releases, including the expansion packs. Here's my favorite bit of the changelog:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Added Troglodyte Stench ability to the game</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
Now maybe we'll get a <b>SMELL-O-VISION</b> expansion pack.
<br>

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Too bad I got rid of the game long ago. Wouldn't mind a Smell-O-Vision expansion pack. Ah well. Guess I'll just have to live without. :(

I've kept it on my HD for a long time purely for LAN and online gaming reasons. But I uninstalled it last month and haven't been missing it, so nevermind.

Hmmmm.smell-o-vision...imagine if this existed in a fantasy setting.

It would be fucking horrible! Most geezers back then didn't even wash on a regular basis.

You know that svelt doe-eyed elven piece of arse that dwells in every forest waiting to fullfill every male hetero sexual fantasy whim? Well, she smells of CHEESE, mate!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
A. They care about the quality of their prodocuts.

B. People still play it.

C. They can.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"D. It sucks."

I can just imagine BIO crying about your opinion... as they sit there counting their money.... :D

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Bioware will be criticized for supporting its products. Just as Troika will be commended for not supporting its own games, rather than chastised. Welcome. Allo unt vilkommen to der Codex. Bienvenue.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Not to say Troika support is any good but Bioware was all like "OMG WE WILL MAKE QUALITY BIOWARE MODS ALL THE TIME LOL" and they released shit. Now they have some premium mods u have to buy or some chiit

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You don't have to buy them if you don't want to play them. At least they offer you that choice. What choice do TOEE players have for extending the life of the game?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Playing it again? Fuck people expected Bioware quality games with the nwn toolset instead they got Hack and Slash 5: revenge of turtle necks"

Transcendent One

Liturgist
They can try out different alignments which gives them different ultra forced vignettes that lead to different almost completely forced storylines that seem like shreds from a bigger whole put together and can be summarized in two or three basic sentences.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I can understand why people are confused that Bioware would release a patch for NWN at this time. The game was released over two years ago, and most RPGs don't tend to have patches that late in the game's life. What people seem to be forgeting about is the fact that Bioware recently started that Bioware Online Store for their premium modules. I'm sure there were some issues that came up with that release, so they are essentially putting out a patch to support their online store customers. As for the fixes with regard to the toolset, I bet there were some issues that Bioware had when creating the new premium modules and they fixed them as they made the modules and released those fixes with the patch.

And Exitium, don't be a dumbass. There isn't a person here that commends Troika for NOT supporting their products. I'm still massively disappointed with TOEE. I still have a lot of problems that haven't been fixed with the game for me. For example I can't play certain party alignments because it crashes on startup of those parties. So get your head out of your ass, mkay?

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
:still waiting for Exitium to get his head out of his ass:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
"ya, i dont understand why everyone is complaining about bugs the game works perfectly fine for me. It wasnt meant to have alot of story it was suppose to be dungeon crawler." -when toee came out

couple months later...

"fucking troika is a pieace of shit that releases tons of bugs and shitty ass story and shit."

some monts more...

"OMGF I CANT PLAY TOEE BECAUSE OF SP2 thanks alot troika"

doesnt sound like u really wanted to play it again anyways.

FLIP FLOP

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It may surprise you, but I did want to play it again. I think the graphics and animations are some of the best I've seen in any fantasy game, and the combat was uber. Story was flat, and therefore shit, but I can't even play it anymore thanks to the incompatability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom