Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 OC was not bad as people make it out

Cael

Arcane
I have no idea why anyone praises this game beyond the amount of laughs you can get from taking the piss out of it.
As far as I know, hardly anyone does. They praise Mask of the Betrayer, not the OC.

What people also say is that it is better than the NWN OC, but that not exactly praise.

Cael

Arcane
What people also say is that it is better than the NWN OC, but that not exactly praise.

You can find people here who rate anything better than anything...
So what? And I can find morons who believe that water level rises when ice melts.

Just because there are statistical anomalies doesn't mean that the majority of people are actually praising the thing, which is what your bitter post implies.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

So what? And I can find morons who believe that water level rises when ice melts.

Just because there are statistical anomalies doesn't mean that the majority of people are actually praising the thing, which is what your bitter post implies.

My post makes no citation towards numbers of people.

Cael

Arcane

My post makes no citation towards numbers of people.
*yawn* Which is why I said "implies". Learn English, fool.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Erm... how about you read the title of thread?

& well, I can't be accountable for you making shit up because you're a bit funny in the head, so buh-bye for now, maybe catch your bullshit in another thread sometime ;)

Cael

Arcane
Erm... how about you read the title of thread?

& well, I can't be accountable for you making shit up because you're a bit funny in the head, so buh-bye for now, maybe catch your bullshit in another thread sometime ;)
The title says that it is not as bad as people make it out to be. There is a vast gulf between "not as bad" and "praising it to the high heavens". You, of course, will not admit this because you have never been wrong in your life (in your demented mind, that is), as your many lengthy "conversations" with others here has proven.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Why the sword of Gith as the major McGuffin? This is what I keep asking myself now, because there are plenty of artifact weapons in ad&d, hell the sword of Kas would make a more appropriate weapon against undead.

The Gith sword brings with it a faction that adds to an already crowded plot: You have the King of Shadows, undead and his priests. You have Black Garius and his Luskan splinter group. You have Luskan. Neverwinter. Ammon Jerro and his Fiends. Shadow Thieves, and then the Gith on top.

This game badly needed editing from get go.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'd say it's a byproduct of making an official campaign for a toolset. The urge to make a Kitchen Sink plot so you can use everything you're making for it is too great.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A humbler company would prepare a denser OC and a number of short scenarios utilising the unused assets mobs etc, this way showcasing the possibility of creating such short scenarios by toolset users
Bioware actually did this and somehow they all ended up terrible, it was incredible.

On further reflection, To Heir is Human was just kind of bland, but I certainly wouldn't call it good.

Neanderthal

Arcane
I'd say it's a byproduct of making an official campaign for a toolset. The urge to make a Kitchen Sink plot so you can use everything you're making for it is too great.

Thing is they would still have had shit loads of stuff, as it is they've got masses of content that is about as deep as a puddle.

Neverwinter as a city is much better than say that Dragon Age one, but it's still half empty and content sparse, compared to Britain or Vizima its pathetic. Highcliff, Ember and Port Llast are utterly empty, with perhaps one area in each.

Somebody must have thought to themselves in development that they could cut loads of stuff and make what remained much more detailed and reactive.

This just makes me respect Ziets more for doing exactly that in MotB.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Don't NWN2 encounters exhaust themselves and are not repeatable? There's no grinding without repeatable enemies.

Also there's no such thing as grinding to begin with: nobody criticizes Mario games for making you jump too much.

laclongquan

Arcane
Why the sword of Gith as the major McGuffin? This is what I keep asking myself now, because there are plenty of artifact weapons in ad&d, hell the sword of Kas would make a more appropriate weapon against undead.

The Gith sword brings with it a faction that adds to an already crowded plot: You have the King of Shadows, undead and his priests. You have Black Garius and his Luskan splinter group. You have Luskan. Neverwinter. Ammon Jerro and his Fiends. Shadow Thieves, and then the Gith on top.

Gith Sword make zero requirement on alignment of the wielder, which is a necessity for Ammon, who is a warlock, to use it. If they use other weapons, it must be of necessity same requirement.

Another point, other artifacts have details known long before, so approriate it for the game is difficult. Meanwhile Sword of Gith is practically unknown other the common property of silver weapon, cut the astral cord. easier to blend it into the game.

ALso a powerful item have a powerful treasure seeker after your ass is an improvement. Baldur gate 2? MC got bounty hunters on his ass because he's bhaalspawn, not because of his expensive arsenal... which is ridiculous.

I agree that the game need editing. Because the Gith should make maybe one or two more return. Preferably one after final boss. Because rock falls, mc vanish mysteriously is a stinky ending. While space raiders appear to attack Mc for his treasured sword, fail but teleport him out for revenge is somehow neater.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane

It is a silver weapon. That is it. The King of Shadows is vulnerable to silver.

You don't really need any of the abilities or the sword to kill KoS. All you need are a bunch of melee guys decked out in silver weapons and going to town on the twerp.

And the best part of all? The Sword of Gith is a silver universal weapon. That means none of your feats work with it. The Hammer of Ironfist is a silver warhammer with a ton of powerful abilities and part of a set that gives a massive bonus to Strength. You are actually better off using the hammer than the SoG, with the Rifthammer +6 as a backup weapon for when silver weapons are not required.

Sword of Gith. Worst. McGuffin. Ever.

Cael

Arcane
I agree that the game need editing. Because the Gith should make maybe one or two more return. Preferably one after final boss. Because rock falls, mc vanish mysteriously is a stinky ending. While space raiders appear to attack Mc for his treasured sword, fail but teleport him out for revenge is somehow neater.
The only reason the MC would treasure the useless thing is because part of it is in his chest. Otherwise, the damned thing is more trouble than it is worth. My forged silver weapons are inevitably better than the SoG.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game had really shitty ending,most people die and you have no idea what happened in the end. Base self destruction is the most retarded cliche i have seen.

Santander02

Arcane
The ending pissed me off so much that it made me replay the game as an evil character in an rpg for the first time ever, being a douchebag to everyone and randomly killing those annoying NPCs I had to put up with as a goody two shoes was therapeutic.

It also helped that the evil ending was much better.

Santander02

Arcane
It was actually kind of freaky, you become the shadow king's right hand lieutenant and go on to commit all manner of disturbing atrocities, like capturing your stepdad as he went looking for you, ripping his face off, and magically sticking it to a pillar just to listen to his cries when the wind blows as sort of depraved parody of those elven song pillars was the one that stuck out the most.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It was actually kind of freaky, you become the shadow king's right hand lieutenant and go on to commit all manner of disturbing atrocities, like capturing your stepdad as he went looking for you, ripping his face off, and magically sticking it to a pillar just to listen to his cries when the wind blows as sort of depraved parody of those elven song pillars was the one that stuck out the most.
That sound pretty retarded lol. I am yet to see game that does the evil aspect ok. Temple of elemental evil did it well.

Cael

Arcane
You are also stuck patrolling the KoS' domain forever because he isn't going to budge from the old Illefarn area.

It is a pretty shitty ending. With the good ending you can get closure in MotB. The Evil ending was basically ignored in MotB.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am yet to see game that does the evil aspect ok.

Mask of The Betrayer.
Oh yes. MotB's really truly Evil ending not only goes past the moral horizon but blew it up with a thermonuclear device and pissed all over the remains.
What is the evil ending? I did decide to shove the bastard back in wall or something similar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom