Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion question for MSFD

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
...and this is dedicated to all the graphics whores that are hidden in this forum.

I saw somewhere on the intarweb that Beth was playing with some new effects capabilities of the 7800 line.
I really hope that nVidia's money didn't make you all go blind, because if the same effects can be used by the X1800+ line (through SM3.0) and for a reason aren't selectable, then you'll have one of the biggest fanboi wars ever happened.

The same goes for HDR, since most of us know that HDR+AA is possible on ATi cards but impossible on nVidia "series 7" (not even the G71 will support HDR+AA).

So ... can you tell me if a brand will sport more effects than the other and why?

P.S. - I have a FX5200 :(

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Master Thief said:
Im sorry but I think a comet had ended poor Mr.Smiley Face Dude's life.

I think he hasn't been here for a while.
:shock:
Thanks!
I knew he wasn't as active as before but I wasn't aware of the fact that he departed for good.
I know he still visits these pages just for the heck of it so, MSFD, if you want to, reply me via PM.

kris

Arcane
I wouldn't have been active here as of late if I where him either. Before it was more Oblivion discussions, now it shitfeasts.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
1) He couldn't stand this place anymore
2) Crunch time
3) The n00bs at TES forums getting too jealous

Micmu

Magister
No, they forbid him to post here since fanboys were comming here for info - happened at the same time when they "outlawed" linking (and even mentioning) RPG Codex at ESF.
And they don't want them here.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Pr()ZaC said:
...and this is dedicated to all the graphics whores that are hidden in this forum.

I saw somewhere on the intarweb that Beth was playing with some new effects capabilities of the 7800 line.
I really hope that nVidia's money didn't make you all go blind, because if the same effects can be used by the X1800+ line (through SM3.0) and for a reason aren't selectable, then you'll have one of the biggest fanboi wars ever happened.

The same goes for HDR, since most of us know that HDR+AA is possible on ATi cards but impossible on nVidia "series 7" (not even the G71 will support HDR+AA).

So ... can you tell me if a brand will sport more effects than the other and why?

P.S. - I have a FX5200 :(

Sorry but - what the fuck is this shit all about?!?

New screenies look good. Go Bethy.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Ahh, that's the shit of the decade my friend (since earth won't get past 2012).
The game looks great without a doubt but I'd like to know if it'll look better on hardware X and why it does look different on hardware Y.

Master Thief

Scholar
Prozac do you really think MSFD would tell you "yeah the Nvidia 7800 line suports an effect that the ATI 1900 cards don't"" or vice-versa.

Could you give me a link as to where this was said by the way.

Also, I didn't say "Fuck You" to you, I was quoting MSFD.

SanguinePenguin

Scholar
Haha...

By the way, where's the thread that has MSFD's famous quote? Searching for the phrase "fuck you" just reprints all the posts on the RPG Codex.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
SanguinePenguin said:
Haha...

By the way, where's the thread that has MSFD's famous quote? Searching for the phrase "fuck you" just reprints all the posts on the RPG Codex.

Try searching for "meteor"

Data4

Arcane
FrancoTAU said:
SanguinePenguin said:
Haha...

Try searching for "meteor"

Won't show up. MSFD edited his post.

-D4

Data4

Arcane
!HyPeRbOy! said:
What did he say exactly? I guess i missed it.

Someone said they hope a meteor crashes on Bethesda's HQ or somesuch, and MSFD replied with "Fuck you.", before changing it minutes later.

-D4

SanguinePenguin

Scholar
Heh, dev outbursts are always a hoot. Althought that probably can't compare to Josh Sawyer and "we're not making a game just for you and ten other angry guys with tastes that are narrower than a hallway in a camp of pygmy dwarves."

Section8

Cipher
The sad thing is that developers all too often have everything they say taken as gospel, so it's hard to speak "off the record" and just be a normal human being.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Master Thief said:
Prozac do you really think MSFD would tell you "yeah the Nvidia 7800 line suports an effect that the ATI 1900 cards don't"" or vice-versa.

Could you give me a link as to where this was said by the way.

Also, I didn't say "Fuck You" to you, I was quoting MSFD.
I know about the Fuck You quote, don't worry.

I can't find the link right now, but it's burned in my memory so please believe me, and I don't need an answer directly from MSFD. Any Beth representative will do.
Also, no "we work closely with all the supported IHV to ensure that the gamers will have the best experience" generic crap please :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom