Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion won't be the worst game ever.

bryce777

Erudite
I am convinced it will be the worst THING ever.

I can't help but laugh at the empty headed losers who feel the need to vigorously defend it. At first I was puzzled, but since then I have simply come to loose all respect for these people. I have never seen a game where even the marketing and fud is only the barest bandaid on their own idiocy and lack of respect for their audience's intellect.

Sorry, too, but this is not an RPG. There have been games like this around for ages, but they are called arcade games. Video games. Beofre everyone started lumping PC games in with console games and calling them video games as well, they were highly different than console games. Now we have crossplatform crap like kotor and oblivion. Console garbage is mainly aimed at preteen children, with the mroe advanced titles aimed at 15 year olds. It may sound insulting, but by golly, this is simple fact. If any adult can play something like kotor or oblivion and get any true enjoyment out of it, then I worry at what a loser they are.

Here's the cue for the subliterate fanboys (It shockes me to the core there are not only people who will play the game and enjoy it a little, but people who are rabid fans) to tell me not to knock it til I try it. Well, I don't have to fuck Rosie O'Donnel to know I am not attracted to her. I don't want any herpes ridden skanks either, no matter if they Have Radiant Smile whitening and huge tracts of land. If Oblivion were a woman with a personal ad, she would be a crackwhore skank with aids, with big silicon tits and an obviously airbrushed picture where she still looked fugly as hell, and with broken English and ebonics all over her profile....

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
bryce777 said:
If Oblivion were a woman with a personal ad, she would be a crackwhore skank with aids, with big silicon tits...

Any chance they would be big, silicon, ARGONIAN tits?

I look forward to all the scaly nipple-squeezing action...

whitemithrandir

Erudite
bryce777 said:
I am convinced it will be the worst THING ever.

I can't help but laugh at the empty headed losers who feel the need to vigorously defend it. At first I was puzzled, but since then I have simply come to loose all respect for these people. I have never seen a game where even the marketing and fud is only the barest bandaid on their own idiocy and lack of respect for their audience's intellect.

Sorry, too, but this is not an RPG. There have been games like this around for ages, but they are called arcade games. Video games. Beofre everyone started lumping PC games in with console games and calling them video games as well, they were highly different than console games. Now we have crossplatform crap like kotor and oblivion. Console garbage is mainly aimed at preteen children, with the mroe advanced titles aimed at 15 year olds. It may sound insulting, but by golly, this is simple fact. If any adult can play something like kotor or oblivion and get any true enjoyment out of it, then I worry at what a loser they are.

Here's the cue for the subliterate fanboys (It shockes me to the core there are not only people who will play the game and enjoy it a little, but people who are rabid fans) to tell me not to knock it til I try it. Well, I don't have to fuck Rosie O'Donnel to know I am not attracted to her. I don't want any herpes ridden skanks either, no matter if they Have Radiant Smile whitening and huge tracts of land. If Oblivion were a woman with a personal ad, she would be a crackwhore skank with aids, with big silicon tits and an obviously airbrushed picture where she still looked fugly as hell, and with broken English and ebonics all over her profile....

That's no way to talk about our Lord and Savior. Oblivion GOT DELAYED for your fucking sins, you ungrateful bastard. Patrick Stewart is the only road to salvation. Good luck rotting in damnation for all eternity, heretic. Bet you'll feel pretty fucking lonely when the rapture comes.

Dreagon

Scholar
No, Oblivion won't be the worst game ever. I think what a lot of people here are really bitter about is that Bethesda had a chance to take to build on a decent RPG series and really make something great....but instead they chose to dumb it down for the lowest common denominator. Oblivion actually had the chance to be something really special, if they would have just built on what they had, but they chose to make a prettier but lesser game. And thats really sad because there aren't a lot of people out there with the resources that Bethesda has that makes rpgs.

Solik

Scholar
Congratulations on starting a totally pointless thread designed to bait! I am in awe of your evolved maturity!

<insert witty Photoshopped picture here>

bryce777

Erudite
Solik said:
Congratulations on starting a totally pointless thread designed to bait! I am in awe of your evolved maturity!

I am not trying to bait you. I would rather you morons just went away completely, but I have lost hope of that.

It is like there is a scotch enthusiasts gettogether once a month, and they start to lampoon a brand for no longer making traditional scotch but making malt liquor and marketing it to the people in the inner city AND the scotch drinkers. Then a bunch of fucking imbecile barely literate gangbangers come in and start crashing the party and calling everyone snobs and asking why malt liquor isn't scotch and they are just too goddamn stupid to get it no matter how politely people explain so eventually it turns into a brawl.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
bryce777 said:
Solik said:

I am not trying to bait you. I would rather you morons just went away completely, but I have lost hope of that.

It is like there is a scotch enthusiasts gettogether once a month, and they start to lampoon a brand for no longer making traditional scotch but making malt liquor and marketing it to the people in the inner city AND the scotch drinkers. Then a bunch of fucking imbecile barely literate gangbangers come in and start crashing the party and calling everyone snobs and asking why malt liquor isn't scotch and they are just too goddamn stupid to get it no matter how politely people explain so eventually it turns into a brawl.

I win all brawls because I am Patrick Stewart the Nerevarine.

obediah

Erudite
bryce777 said:

That's pretty good.

Speaking of scotch, I wish all the fucking yuppy wannabes would go back to cigars or knitting. Everything worth drinking costs at least 150% what it did a few years ago.

bryce777

Erudite
obediah said:
bryce777 said:

That's pretty good.

Speaking of scotch, I wish all the fucking yuppy wannabes would go back to cigars or knitting. Everything worth drinking costs at least 150% what it did a few years ago.

I think it is probably better int he long run. I did not realize it had become a fad lately, but maybe there will be fewer distilleries closing, and maybe some new ones will open up that are not overcommercialized. So far, I don't think it has become overcommercialized but we will see.

Tintin

Arbiter
bryce777 said:
Tintin said:
Dramatic.

It's an apt analogy. Most of the people coming here to defend oblivion are obviously not here to do anything but defend oblivion, and they are also obviously not rpg fans.

Someone can like Oblivion and be an RPG fan at the same time. They just don't evaluate Oblivion under the same standards because Oblivion is an action RPG, and should be looked at that way.

obediah

Erudite
bryce777 said:
I think it is probably better int he long run. I did not realize it had become a fad lately, but maybe there will be fewer distilleries closing, and maybe some new ones will open up that are not overcommercialized. So far, I don't think it has become overcommercialized but we will see.

Maybe a great scotch head can give us the inside scoop on the effect, but I do know it's complicated - a meeting at scotch distiller X may go like.

Exec A: Scotch is on fire! We're selling out like crazy. We could double our production and still sell out!

Exec B: That's great! Let's double production.

Exec C: Our product takes 12 years to produce. We will need to raise $Y million dollars to double capacity over the next 12 years, without any return on our investment until then.

Exec A: Fads usually last 5 years or so, what happens if demand falls back to previous levels in the next 12 years?

Exec B: Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

ixg

Erudite
'bout oblivion, i'll wait until i've wasted my money on it to make my final verdict.

Jason

chasing a bee
"Most of the people coming here to defend oblivion are obviously not here to do anything but defend oblivion, and they are also obviously not rpg fans."

Yes, I hate that. So let's start another Oblivion thread to attract them even more. It's worked so well up to this point.

bryce777

Erudite
Tintin said:
bryce777 said:
Tintin said:
Dramatic.

It's an apt analogy. Most of the people coming here to defend oblivion are obviously not here to do anything but defend oblivion, and they are also obviously not rpg fans.

Someone can like Oblivion and be an RPG fan at the same time. They just don't evaluate Oblivion under the same standards because Oblivion is an action RPG, and should be looked at that way.

First off, I did not say it was impossible.

Now, let me run with my analogy a little more. I happen to like both scotch and better malt liquors and even some of the cheapo ones. I am probably an anomaly in that sense, though. A lot of the people who have come here and claim to like 'scotch' complain that it isn't carbonated, though. Basically they dislike the basic things about scotch that makes it scotch and all they like about it is that it also has alcohol.

Chefe

Erudite
Good analogy, bryce.

But personally I think instead of "malt liquor" it should be "half-assed shitty malt liquor".

bryce777

Erudite
baby arm said:
"Most of the people coming here to defend oblivion are obviously not here to do anything but defend oblivion, and they are also obviously not rpg fans."

Yes, I hate that. So let's start another Oblivion thread to attract them even more. It's worked so well up to this point.

As I said I know it's too late, just like it's too late to turn back the clock to rpgs that don't suck. Actually, to execs that don't suck and actually give us the product we and many others have been longing for instead of trying to compete with the consoles and failing.

Chefe

Erudite
Yea, there's good malt liquor. However, if said scotch company would invest into making good malt liquor, I'm sure the scotch enthusiasts could enjoy it. Most likely they could really enjoy it. But it seems like said company decided to mix some crappy scotch into poorly made malt liquor, market it as "Scotch for the Real Enthusiasts; now with Malt Liquor!".

This leads to an increase in retarded gangbangers coming to all the scotch enthusiast parties and spreading their filt, claiming "Hay... *hic* we uh like *hic*... we drink yous guys *hic* stuff too! *hic* Uh... *hic*.. we's drinkin' *hic* Scotch! *hic* You olds guyses are.. *hic*.. are... old! *hic* Get... *hic* withs them *hic* these *hic* duh... *hic* the times! *hic*"

Pretty soon, scotch enthusiasts will be known as retarded gangbangers. All scotch companies will start to cater to the retarded gangbangers and less pure scotch will be available.

obediah

Erudite
Tasty malt liquors? Care to share brands?

I love Singha, but everything else I've tried has been horrible, disgusting, vile stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom