Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion won't be the worst game ever.

Irwanday01

Novice
Yeah me too. I have gimp, which is kind of like photoshop, but i don't have much experience with it.

Rew_Klip

Novice
Talk about taking things to extremes. Oblivion will still be a good game.

I just realized something:
The Elder Scrolls members are to Fable
as
RPG Codex members are to Oblivion

Both are good games but people would rather not even try the game and just convince themselves that it sucks without giving it a chance.

HardCode

Erudite
Rew_Klip said:
as

And now that you are here, you have moved up the food chain several steps.

Data4

Arcane
Rew_Klip said:
Talk about taking things to extremes. Oblivion will still be a good game.

as

Both are good games but people would rather not even try the game and just convince themselves that it sucks without giving it a chance.

I gave Fable a chance. It not only sucks, but it fucking sucks cockroach semen.

I don't think Oblivion will be bad compared to Fable. I just don't think the "RPG for the next generation" subtitle is warranted. Every piece of criticism I lob at it is with that in mind. It may be a good game on its own merits, but it certainly won't be the game that was originally previewed to us in the October '04 edition of Game Informer. Bethesda had so many opportunities to improve on what Morrowind was weak on. Okay, the graphics details in some places look good. Fine. But conversation choices? We're still left with wiki, only it talks now. Skills have been homogenized. Factions have been removed. Magic has been arcade-ized.

Anyone remember that screenshot where some NPC was talking about the Nobles [presumably] of Cyrodiil? She said they were "...all fluff and no fiber." I find it ironic that Bethesda wrote that bit of dialog, and it seems to fit Oblivion perfectly.

-D4

Okmanl

Novice
Wow I stopped reading after you called everyone moronic yet spelled "lose" wrong.

Lemunde

Scholar
Wow, 15 days and this thread is still breathing. Talk about beating a dead horse. And if the thread starter is still around I'll take this opportunity to say you are a fucking moron who has nothing better to do than bitch about a game that he's not going to buy anyway. You'd think one of the devs kicked your puppy or something.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Lemunde said:
And if the thread starter is still around I'll take this opportunity to say you are a fucking moron who has nothing better to do than bitch about a game that he's not going to buy anyway. You'd think one of the devs kicked your puppy or something.

Check out the legendary Bethesda Fan Attention Span!

Sixteen words and whoops - wha? hey? What was I saying?

bryce777

Erudite
Lemunde said:
Wow, 15 days and this thread is still breathing. Talk about beating a dead horse. And if the thread starter is still around I'll take this opportunity to say you are a fucking moron who has nothing better to do than bitch about a game that he's not going to buy anyway. You'd think one of the devs kicked your puppy or something.

Stupid as hell, aren't you? Well, just like every other oblivion fan. It is the moronic fans Iw as complaining of.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Rew_Klip said:
as

OK, I played Fable it is not a good game. Don't get me wrong now, the idea of property rights and people getting upset if you break their barrels is definitely over due in RPGs. Ditto with people remembering what a snarky bastard you've been in the past. However, these additions were pure fluff to a game core that was rotten to the whole. To say the plot was linear would be like saying the English Channel is wet. Just in case you wanted to go out and do some of your own exploring, this voice would chime in and remind you that there was a quest card waiting for you. Furthermore, the story line was incredibly cliched. I, before playing Fable, made a list of cliches that plague RPGs. Then I played Fable and was amazed at how many textbook examples it managed to feature. Meanwhile, the character sheet was very limited. Sure, it was classless, but there just wasn't much there and a magic/swordsmen was a way overpowered combo. Finally, the actual content could be beaten in about 15 hours, less if you are a quicker player and didn't actively seek sidequests (which was difficult considering what a tight rope the game kept you on). It might have been an average action/adventure game, but for RPG fans it offered absolutely no reason to play it other then to see another Peter Molyneaux game fail to live up to his hype.

As for Oblivion... this may very well be the next Invisible War, if fans of the original use their brains to see how much they've been short changed, that is.

Kuato

Liturgist
The only thing greater than the Hype leading up to Fable's release was of course Fable's Disappointment.

Fable is teh Clicheeesiest

Lumpy

Arcane
Twinfalls said:
Lemunde said:
And if the thread starter is still around I'll take this opportunity to say you are a fucking moron who has nothing better to do than bitch about a game that he's not going to buy anyway. You'd think one of the devs kicked your puppy or something.

Seems fine to me, but then again, I'm just a Romanian kid.
You are a fucking moron who has nothing better to do that to bitch about a game that he's not going to buy anyway. "The fucking moron" isn't going to buy anyway, so "he" was used correctly. "You" would have been used incorrectly there.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"You" is a second person pronoun, whereas "he" is a third person pronoun.

In other words, the sentence starts off in the context of talking to a person then switches to talking about them.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Even thought it was a funny jibe, in all honesty when I'm editing sentences I often end up doing that because I've got two different versions of the sentence spliced together.

ExMonk

Scholar
Twinfalls said:
Lemunde said:

Ahem. Do we really want to equate grammar blunders with attention deficit? If so, then we must conclude that most posters here have adht. :cool:

bryce777

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Even thought it was a funny jibe, in all honesty when I'm editing sentences I often end up doing that because I've got two different versions of the sentence spliced together.

Well, considering the whole post is the length of yours, I doubt that is what happened.

Now, once in a while people just type goofy stuff, but if you registered just to say one thing I can't imagine you wuldn't think about what you were saying for half a second. No doubt this retard is barely coherent in real life, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom