Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Latelistener

Arcane
Indiana could boost the company's value significantly, so it would be unwise to sell it now.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Indiana could boost the company's value significantly, so it would be unwise to sell it now.
Or it could bankrupt it.
All they have to do is start another kickstarter promising far more than they'll ever deliver
Yeah,that won't be successful a second time. It is make it or break it from what i see. They managed to squander all the good will they accumulated for years with poe games and tranny. They also lack the talent and marketing to push the game. Doubt it will be success,i don't care about it even if i was obsidian fan.

Cael

Arcane
He's not dumb, just greedy and bad-tempered.
Feargus is actually a dragon in a human suit.
No. This guy:

MV5BYzdjNWMyYTYtNTE3My00ZTNkLTg4NzQtMGFjYmU2Y2UyYWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgxNTAwNjQ@._V1_.jpg

Jay: And what, we don't like bugs?

Kay: Bugs thrive on carnage, Tiger. They consume, infest, destroy, live off the death and destruction of other species.

Jay: You were stung as a child, weren't you?

Kay: Imagine a giant cockroach, with unlimited strength, a massive inferiority complex, and a real short temper, is tear-assing around Manhattan Island in a brand-new Edgar suit. That sound like fun?

Latelistener

Arcane
He has a huge spencer, long enough to de-owner Feargus himself and make him sign an agreement for not making games ever again.

Then he'll bring back Avellone, Gonsalez, Mitsoda, Ziets, Stout and hire Vince, Styg and Cleve to make The Ultimate RPG™.

But only for XBox.

:codexisfor:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
No. This guy:

MV5BYzdjNWMyYTYtNTE3My00ZTNkLTg4NzQtMGFjYmU2Y2UyYWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgxNTAwNjQ@._V1_.jpg

Kay: Bugs thrive on carnage, Tiger. They consume, infest, destroy, live off the death and destruction of other species.

Kay: Imagine a giant cockroach, with unlimited strength, a massive inferiority complex, and a real short temper, is tear-assing around Manhattan Island in a brand-new Edgar suit. That sound like fun?

You know, Vincent D'onofrio's performance in that movie was really inspired.

Cael

Arcane
No. This guy:

Yes. But he is still a cockroach in an Edgar (human) suit. Which describe Feargus and his nepotism perfectly.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
No. This guy:

Yes. But he is still a cockroach in an Edgar (human) suit. Which describe Feargus and his nepotism perfectly.

And judging by the width, he's already acquired sufficient sugar.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Obsidian Entertainment Letter-of-intent for an Acquisition by Microsoft Leaked
August 8, 2018Marcin Dzieciol

We all remember Phil Spencer announcing 5 new studios acquisition during this years E3. They bought Playground Games, Compulsion Games, Undead Labs, and Ninja Theory. The Initiative is a brand new studio that MS is building from scratch.
This announcement was quite big in itself but it was not all. Shortly after E3 we started hearing more rumors about Microsoft being interested in even more studios.
Then just few weeks ago Matt Booty admitted that they are searching for AA studios which they could support and grow. And it looks like they did not throw words to the wind as Microsoft is getting ready to purchase Obsidian Entertainment.

Obsidian Entertainment is a AA studio well known for RPG games. They have made Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars KOTOR 2 and the latest one being Pillars of Eternity 2.
Microsoft has worked with them before on few projects in the past like KOTOR 2 which was released for OG XBOX and rumored Stormland for Xbox One which was canceled and nearly put Obsidian out of business.
Many said that Obsidian will never want to work with them again but it looks like Obsidian not only agreed to work with them again but also to be bought by them.

According to ResetEra user Obsidian Entertainment Letter-of-intent For An Acquisition by Microsoft has been prepared which means that there are getting ready to finalize the deal.
Now take this info with a grain of salt as this has not been officially confirmed by any party involved in this acquisition but it’s no secret that MS is looking for more studios.
If true this would be a big deal for Xbox owners as this developer with Microsoft backing would sure be capable of delivering great games and Xbox sure need good RPGs.
If I learn more about this I sure will be the first to report on this.
So stay tuned for more.

Wait, Obsidian created POE so how the hell other company holds rights to IP?
It is shell company created for holding ips and their protection in case of bankruptcy or merger. It is pretty common in the busyness circles.

I am surprise that Feargus is that savvy .

But not very creative. Obsidian is a black rock.

imweasel

The Pillows of Shitternity IP isn't worth very much anymore, so they'd only get peanuts.

Fat ass Feargus should have sold the company before they released the sequel.
TrumpSmug.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom