Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Latelistener

Arcane
Good chance this doesn't happen if the project remain affiliated with Take-Two Interactive, no?
Most likely they'll just buy the whole thing from Take-Two. We'll see.

And this kills a project how? Lmao. Your steam/drm sensibilities are irrelevant.
Because no one gives a shit about Windows Store and Xbox. Most gaming audiences are on Steam and PS4. Rise of Tomb Raider and Ryse burned so hard for being Xbox exclusives, devs had to port on PC (Steam) asap just to cover the costs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone wanna start betting on the evaluation? 2 million USD and a happy meal?
For all his flaws Feargus is a shark when it comes to money. There is a good reason why the studio didn't went under. Most likely around 50ish millions.

Also as any self respecting publisher,Microsoft is a few years back on the gaming market and its news. They still think that Obsidian have a fanbase and pull among rpg fans. Also they still believe that there is capable people left there.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pillars would be a mega valuable IP – inbuilt fandom, iconic companions and romance options, press loves it, has lineage linking it to really old 90s games to help with branding

70 Million+

account created yesterday, far too polite to be a regular lurker, username from the least interesting character in POE...

which Obsidian employee might you be?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Pillars would be a mega valuable IP – inbuilt fandom, iconic companions and romance options, press loves it, has lineage linking it to really old 90s games to help with branding

70 Million+

account created yesterday, far too polite to be a regular lurker, username from the least interesting character in POE...

Are there any left that don't have accounts here?

Latelistener

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the capable devs decide to fuck off after this shit.
Anthony Davis and Richard Taylor left recently for Blizzard. Both were fairly important for Indiana (Lead Programmer / Lead Producer). It's not uncommon, but now we may see this from a different perspective. Especially considering that Anthony Davis was defending Obsidian owners during the May of Rage.

The Real Fanboy

hi Kyl Von Kill! I don't work at Obsidian but should I disclose that I run a really popular Pillars of Eternity/Brockhampton theme tumblr? Sorry don't know if i have to list that in my bio on this forum or not? :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the capable devs decide to fuck off after this shit.
Anthony Davis and Richard Taylor left recently for Blizzard. Both were fairly important for Indiana (Lead Programmer / Lead Producer). It's not uncommon, but now we may see this from a different perspective. Especially considering that Anthony Davis was defending Obsidian owners during the May of Rage.

Time to start taking bets on whether Josh Sawyer returns home from his trip to Wisconsin to announce his resignation, then.

Although you might assume that as the company Design Director, the owners would have taken special steps to reassure him... he might also be an important part of the deal for Microsoft.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Time to start taking bets on whether Josh Sawyer returns home from his trip to Wisconsin to announce his resignation, then.

Although you might assume that as the company Design Director, the owners would have taken special steps to reassure him... he might also be an important part of the deal for Microsoft.

josh will form his own company and release columns of infinity

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I agree,i wouldn't be surprised if most devs didn't knew about the buyout. We could see a few more names fuck off after the "game" is finished.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

hi Kyl Von Kill! I don't work at Obsidian but should I disclose that I run a really popular Pillars of Eternity/Brockhampton theme tumblr? Sorry don't know if i have to list that in my bio on this forum or not? :)
Such a brave girl! I take it you have no idea where you have registered.:lol:

PS: Do you do a nazi cosplay and foot foreplay?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
sorry! Should i call you mr dumbfuck, ms dumbfuck or just dumbfuck?
:lol::lol::lol:
I like you,you have sense of humour. Don't care how people call me :),most of the time i am a edgy Bulgarian dumbfuck and thieving bastard.

Also watch out for Morgoth ,he is a soy drinking white knight and could actually try to date you......scratch that. He will beg you to go on a date,as the ancient soy tradition dictates.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
  • new account from yesterday
  • pillars based name
  • dumpsterfire avatar
  • account already not needing approval before posts
  • only posts in obsidian-related topics
you really need to try harder, Infinitron :M
What happened with his sherry account? Did he ditch it?

Also this tumbler chick have a lot better sense of humour than Infi. Most likely a true poe fan girl in her teens. Very different from Infi.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Final nail in the coffin.

Shame as I was looking forward to Cain and Boyarsky's project.

You moron, that's the one MS wants to turn into a franchise.

Or do you really think they wanna buy them for PoT?

Yeah cos MS dumbing the project down for console trash is going to be Cain and Boyarsky's true vision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom