Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
What are major differences between these:
D&D/Pathfinder-compatible
14%d20ish "Heartbreaker"
30%Diff system, same world
19%Radically diff ruleset

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This 2014 GDC session from Obsidian's Justin Bell reveals the unique challenges of making the sound design, music and voice over for South Park: The Stick of Truth feel like a game, and sound like the show.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/art/930-lead-character-artist

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for talented, self-motivated Lead Character Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.

The Lead Character Artist position requires a solid understanding of current AAA-quality art, consistent character design, art pipelines, and current game console criteria and their limitations on memory and performance. This person understands the value of the production schedule and how to fit project goals within it. This is a hands-on position, by which he or she will set an example through exceptional asset creation, understanding current character art technologies, tools pipelines and interdepartmental dependencies. The Lead Character Artist will help to implement required production methods to guarantee the highest quality result, in an efficient and timely manner.

Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4

This is for Tim and Leonard's game.

Latelistener

Arcane
The Lead Character Artist position requires a solid understanding of current AAA-quality art, consistent character design, art pipelines, and current game console criteria and their limitations on memory and performance.
Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials and garb.
Console popamole fantasy RPG.

giphy.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
You should consider that whatever this game is, it's something that a guy who worked on Diablo 3 for a decade chose to take on for a change of pace. Generic fantasy may be unlikely.

Sentinel

Arcane
You should consider that whatever this game is, it's something that a guy who worked on Diablo 3 for a decade chose to take on for a change of pace. Generic fantasy may be unlikely.
10 years? He was the world designer and IIRC he didn't even have any credits in the expansion. He probably left Blizzard for Obsidian mostly because they had no interesting projects for a cRPG guy such as Leo, not because he was offered a radically unique project to work on along with Tim Cain. The fact that it's not being crowdfunded (at least there were never public mentions of it) means that there's a publisher behind it, and if it is a Triple A game then the publisher isn't a small one. Publishers usually don't like unique stuff.
Who would even be the publisher? If it's a Triple A console game, I doubt Paradox is the one greenlighting it. I think that'd be a first for them.

Rev

Arcane
I don't think it's gonna be fantasy. Obsidian's already making two fantasy games, it would make more sense to try something else with this project, and Boyarsky and Cain seem to prefer other settings based on their history.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Caravan is far superior to Gwent imo.

Though the kielbasa brains shouldn't feel too bad; while Josh Sawyer delivered better gameplay systems, CD Projekt made a better/comparable everything else.

Latelistener

Arcane
Indeed, he didn't mind spending 10 years on just one popamole fantasy RPG.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom