Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

thinking.png

Oh hey, we missed Part Three of that interview: https://talkingames.com/josh-sawyer-chapter-iii/

Kickstarter, Eternity 1 & 2.

It seems FreeKaner was right,he is a glorious racist nazi :salute:. We need more nazi devs!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This weekend Josh is doing a two day workshop in Vienna: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/design-for-games-managing-scope-tickets-48321428694

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F47497260%2F145378860981%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg

*** DESIGN FOR GAMES: MANAGING SCOPE ***

Everyone can be a game designer, that is, if you manage to keep track of scope, direction and production limits. Oh and create compelling gameplay that the entire team understands immediately while you're at it.

In this exclusive two day 'Design For Games' workshop with Josh Sawyer, Day 1 will be focused on management and organisation, while Day 2 will focus on the nitty gritty of design, in a team.

Overall, Josh will be talking on
  • Managing your project
  • Dealing with limitations of the budget and technical sort
  • Defining scope and meeting player expectations
  • From dialogue to RPG gameplay systems to UI challenges.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Talking about managing scope, lets new vegas, pillars 1 go out of control in term of scope, end up half assing some content / feature.

and yet both are better than dumpsterfire, which actually did manage its scope.
Deadfire was delayed once and got additional funding from Obsidian (but not from the publisher like it ended up happening with PoE, which was also delayed twice).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Talking about managing scope, lets new vegas, pillars 1 go out of control in term of scope, end up half assing some content / feature.
New Vegas being what it was led to scope-controlled New Obsidian. It "worked" for a time with Dungeon Siege and South Park, but the owners messed up with the stretch goals for Eternity.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I wonder why Josh has so many gray hairs. Is it New Vegas or Pillars of Eternity did that to him?

He's too young to have them in that quantity.

Work and a lot of stress,most of my friends have some grey hear by now. They are around 30ish,most of them had greyish hair since 25ish.
Still none of them should have grey hairs that fucking early! They are looking like young oldmen. And I can slowly start using instead of they, we. Our modern stress is NOTHING compared to what our ancestors had to endure yet they didn't see a single gray until their forties at earliest!

Either we worry WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH and should just look at life as RPG game, don't take anything too personal, smoke weed little bit and mucho chill every day. Also look at everything as a challenge and work everyday on raising your stats. And just chill, though for some even chill is too much stress...

It's either that or something way more sinister and connected with food, water and other stuff. I really hope it's that we're just too sheltered and weak and need to borrow from our grandparents or simply grow a spine! In other words balance our fears with reality, and in it most of them are overblown or just funny.

LET'S JUST PLAY CHILL & BE RPG :cool:

Quillon

Arcane
Our modern stress is NOTHING compared to what our ancestors had to endure yet they didn't see a single gray until their forties at earliest!

Sawyer is 42 IIRC. Also stress is stress, first word problems' stress prolly has the same effects of whatever age's stress. People killed themselves cos of stress since the dawn of time, I was there. True story.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Work and a lot of stress,most of my friends have some grey hear by now. They are around 30ish,most of them had greyish hair since 25ish.
I have one friend in his early 30s who has some gray hairs, but also a father of the worst kind. Once drunk, when they refused to let him in in that state, he emptied a whole pistol magazine into the main door.

That's just one episode, so I have no questions about why he has them so early.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't know anyone in their 40s (JES just turned 43 this week, btw) that doesn't have grey hairs. And a fair number of men are losing their hair or seriously thinning by then too.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wonder why Josh has so many gray hairs. Is it New Vegas or Pillars of Eternity did that to him?

He's too young to have them in that quantity.

Still none of them should have grey hairs that fucking early! They are looking like young oldmen. And I can slowly start using instead of they, we. Our modern stress is NOTHING compared to what our ancestors had to endure yet they didn't see a single gray until their forties at earliest!

Either we worry WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH and should just look at life as RPG game, don't take anything too personal, smoke weed little bit and mucho chill every day. Also look at everything as a challenge and work everyday on raising your stats. And just chill, though for some even chill is too much stress...

It's either that or something way more sinister and connected with food, water and other stuff. I really hope it's that we're just too sheltered and weak and need to borrow from our grandparents or simply grow a spine! In other words balance our fears with reality, and in it most of them are overblown or just funny.

LET'S JUST PLAY CHILL & BE RPG :cool:
I mainly agree with you mate. I disagree that our ancestors were more stressed,they were living a lot more harsher world than us,but a lot simpler also. This days people get stressed over all kind of stupid shit,also we do have a lower mental fortitude. Stress as a whole is not something that depends on the harshness of the situation,instead it is about our perception of it. Even fucking spoiled sjw retards get stressed over stupid twats and try to kill themself or do some shit.

And yeah the water,food and environment do have an effect. Everything is filled with toxic shit all the time. All the fruits that sell on the market have nothing in common with the one i gather from threes or bushes.

Also i don't have single white hair on my head,and i am very nihilistic bastard......still i lost my top head hair while being 22 ;).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Our modern stress is NOTHING compared to what our ancestors had to endure
Wrong. Plowing the fields and taking care of the animals is not stressful, it's actually kinda relieving. Running from meeting to meeting, sitting in a traffic jam, when you are in a hurry, not doing excercises, eating junk food, working 12 hours a day, bringing up your spoiled retarded kids and arguing with your wife who is cheating on you is stressful. Do this for 30 years and you have your grey hair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom