Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It says "known for".

Developer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think they may have a posting for a new audio director soon, too (Justin Bell resigned, apparently - he wasn't forced out, he left for Sony Santa Monica where Jon Burke and Obs' ex-hiring manager, Jim Rivers, now work).

Oh, Cadius left Bethesda eh?

Generalist Programmer. Worked on various gameplay and engine systems including path building,path finding, navmesh generation, AI, quest and dialogue systems, game state tracking, scriptingsystem support. Helped reshape core tech and gameplay systems in order to support multiplayer inwhat has traditionally been a single player engine.

I guess we know now what he was doing there!

Last edited:
Developer
Oh, Cadius left Bethesda eh?

Yeah, I think there were Tweets around that time from Darren Monahan (@darrenmonahan) and Chris Parker (@Parker_CPaul) begging him to come back to Obsidian (jokingly, but any studio's lucky to have Jon). He was great to work with on the DLCs.

When I was doing the Microsoft thing at E3, I got a chance to chat with Todd Howard - and Todd even asked how Jon was doing, specifically (they liked working with him, too).

Flou

Arbiter
I think they may have a posting for a new audio director soon, too (Justin Bell resigned, apparently - he wasn't forced out, he left for Sony Santa Monica where Jon Burke and Obs' ex-hiring manager, Jim Rivers, now work).

That's a good career move for him and probably a quite nice salary bump for him as well. 9 years is a long time to be working in one company the gaming industry.

Has someone been forced out since you mentioned that he wasn't forced out? (Other than you)

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Is that seriously your question? No, but man, if you only had one question... that would be it? Sadness.
If I had one quesition it will be about Arcanum playthrough.
P.S. Or who came with the idea of unprotected gun trader you can kill without penalties with of the most powerful pistol and guns in Fallout 2 and free upgrades in New Reno.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Remember when Obsidian had Alexander Brandon in the NWN2 days? Obsidian games had some real good music back then.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know though Ismaul , since you mentioned "forgettable" I actually realized that I can clearly remember the melody of the main theme of PoE. I can't say that for a lot of games tbh

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Brandon is great.

Maybe Bell is good with sound effects and other technical aspects, but his compositions are bland.
I'd rather say that it is hit and miss. Some of the battle musics and the PoE theme is pretty good IMO, but there are also a lot of generic orchestra music.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom