Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Arulan

Cipher
So, what are the chances that Josh Sawyer gets his historical RPG now?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Scokel are an outspoken queer writer who are pushing for minority representation in games, so a certain subgroup on the Codex are eager to treat them like a chew toy.

I'm more interested in seeing examples of what the "best remaining writer at Obsidian" have produced, if only to judge the state of the company.

The Real Fanboy
Alex was sooo cool, thank you so much for writing such amazing characters like Ydwin and Vatnir and helping write the Deadfire DLC's! You added so much love and beauty and scariness to Eora!

(Also sorry for using the wrong pronouns for Alex during my original post showing off their tumblr here, I never spotted their preferred pronouns when I originally posted about them!)

:heart emoji:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Alex was sooo cool, thank you so much for writing such amazing characters like Ydwin and Vatnir and helping write the Deadfire DLC's! You added so much love and beauty and scariness to Eora!

(Also sorry for using the wrong pronouns for Alex during my original post showing off their tumblr here, I never spotted their preferred pronouns when I originally posted about them!)

:heart emoji:
For ydwin i do agree,it is maybe the best character in the game,but Vatnir is shit. He is annoying coward and shit bag in general,also he have like two lines in the whole DLC. I laugh my ass of at the irony of recruiting that smudge of shit and a few minutes later he is a demigod level of powerful,20 level ups and equipped with legendary relics.

2house2fly

Magister
Yes, he is an annoying cowardly shitbag, which is what makes him a fun character. It's not what you'd expect at first glance, but his personality is still influenced by the life he's led. He even follows Chris Avellone's patented "must flatter the player" rule twice over- first when he praises you as a harbinger of death, and again later when he says he sent for you because you're a hero who gets the job done

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't Carrie write Ydwin? and Alex wrote Serafen..
Nope, Ydwin was Scokel too. Carrie only wrote Aloth, she was too busy leading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom