Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
My version of Aeldys is much better:
http://www.cinsylakey.com/book-iii#0

Does your wife know about this… hobby of yours?
Modding NPC portraits and voice? Yes. We both find the VO unbearable, and the "gurl-powar" overtones in the writing a sign of authors with insecurities who are shoehorning their own power fantasies into a plot which does not need them.
Fuck you bastard.!. How the fuck did you find yourself a gamergal that likes rpgs???????? The codex should ravage you in great orgy!
TBH, the entrance drug is if she used to listen to metal in high school. If she did, chances are she also likes fantasy, is a fan of LOTR, Terry Pratchett and Robert Jordan. If she passes that check, she probably has played some HoMM3. From then on, you take over and introduce her to some good RPGs. Voila, you have corrupted her with a healthy amount of gamer-girl-ism.

Edit: Just take care that she doesn't become a bigger nerd than yourself. You need someone to be running the household after all.
Now that you pointed it out,i do agree. Most metal cunts i have met do like Pratchett and lotr.

And probably prefer not to be called cunts. Just guessing. :P

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Modding NPC portraits and voice? Yes. We both find the VO unbearable, and the "gurl-powar" overtones in the writing a sign of authors with insecurities who are shoehorning their own power fantasies into a plot which does not need them.
Fuck you bastard.!. How the fuck did you find yourself a gamergal that likes rpgs???????? The codex should ravage you in great orgy!
TBH, the entrance drug is if she used to listen to metal in high school. If she did, chances are she also likes fantasy, is a fan of LOTR, Terry Pratchett and Robert Jordan. If she passes that check, she probably has played some HoMM3. From then on, you take over and introduce her to some good RPGs. Voila, you have corrupted her with a healthy amount of gamer-girl-ism.

Edit: Just take care that she doesn't become a bigger nerd than yourself. You need someone to be running the household after all.
Now that you pointed it out,i do agree. Most metal cunts i have met do like Pratchett and lotr.

It depends on the sex,and the intonation. Cunt is not necessarily a bad word in Bulgarian,it also means a desirable young woman.

2house2fly

Magister
I don't recall any times in Deadfire when the game rubs the fact that a powerful character is female in your face. I'm sure you're telling the truth though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Having a paying job also helps with finding a girlfriend. Consider getting a job.

It depends on the sex,and the intonation. Cunt is not necessarily a bad word in Bulgarian,it also means a desirable young woman.
I should add this addressing in Deadfire's dialogues. "Ekera, cunt!"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Having a paying job also helps with finding a girlfriend. Consider getting a job.

I should add this addressing in Deadfire's dialogues. "Ekera, cunt!"
:smug:
Quit your job and become superior like me.

Also you should try getting on obsidian's writing team. It is better than anything written in dumpsterfire.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That can't be right surely? Do you mean like if a guy said to a woman "You're like a peach" and the intonation was positive? Otherwise I'd love to see you chat up an English girl :) But then again if you're from eastern Europe or so - I don't suppose you'd ever really need to...
Average English pub is like walking into a dogs kennel over here sometimes.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
dumpsterfire-2.png

Obsidian, always ready to make the worst decisions and become martyrs for the worst causes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This month's job postings:

- Junior Area Designer: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/design/1099-jr-area-designer

Candidates will be expected to document, implement, and iterate on their designs while being strong advocates for player agency, and meaningful choice and consequence. You will be expected to generate concepts for characters, quests and locations, as well as communicate those ideas across multiple departments.

Obsidian has maintained a reputation as a premier studio in the game industry for role playing games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and our upcoming title, The Outer Worlds. We want you to be part of what continues to uphold that reputation.

Good understanding of 3D spaces with respect to first person shooters.

- AI Programmer: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/1105-ai-programmer

Multiplayer game development experience a plus

- Senior User Interface Programmer: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/1107-sr-ui-programer
- Junior User Interface Programmer: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/1106-junior-ui-programmer
- Quality Assurance Analyst: https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/qa/1108-qa-analyst

All requires or prefer Uneal experience.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Their LinkedIn still lists only 188 employees even though they've been recruiting hard.

Well, that number is never going to be accurate anyway, due to dead accounts, people that aren't on LinkedIn and so on.

Flou

Arbiter
Their LinkedIn still lists only 188 employees even though they've been recruiting hard.

Well, that number is never going to be accurate anyway, due to dead accounts, people that aren't on LinkedIn and so on.

True. But it has stayed around 186-188 for months now. With all those open positions it should have gone over 190 already. I did manage to find some new hires by using search function, but only 1 or 2 very recent ones, rest were from like september.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/30-years-in-games-how-we-got-here-and-where-were-going

30 years in Games: How We Got Here, and Where We're Going
  • SUN 03/31 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
  • DRAGONFLY THEATRE
In the last 30 years, the video game industry has experienced incredible changes in the way we design, develop, and play games. Four industry veterans with a over a century of experience reflect on their adventures in the field. Hear from industry trailblazers behind the Myst, Command & Conquer, Skylanders, and Fallout franchises as they discuss what has changed, what is consistent, and future insights into the medium we love

PANELISTS
Rand Miller [CEO and Founder, Cyan], Tim Cain [Senior Programmer, Obsidian Entertainment], Chuck Carter [Founder and Creative Director, Eagre Games], Seth Mantie [Coordinator, Boston UE Game Developers Usergroup], Karthik Bala [Founder, Vicarious Visions / Velan Studios]

(Tim Cain, just Senior Programmer! Probably from an old profile or something.)

This thing is live if you're interested:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Obsidian is hiring for a bunch of new jobs!

https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/

Junior Area Designer
Obsidian is looking for a Junior Area Designer with a talent for creating engaging content for role playing games.

Candidates will be expected to document, implement, and iterate on their designs while being strong advocates for player agency, and meaningful choice and consequence. You will be expected to generate concepts for characters, quests and locations, as well as communicate those ideas across multiple departments.

Obsidian has maintained a reputation as a premier studio in the game industry for role playing games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and our upcoming title, The Outer Worlds. We want you to be part of what continues to uphold that reputation.

Responsibilities
  • Plan, research, document, and pitch designs for gameplay spaces within the constraints given to you.
  • Generate and maintain documentation that clearly demonstrates what is engaging with your content.
  • Implement designs utilizing a suite of proprietary and Unreal Engine 4 level creation tools.
  • Playtest and iterate continually on your designs based on feedback from your fellow developers.
  • Be a strong advocate for the player and offer feedback to other developers to this end.
  • Take content from paper design to shipped product.
Requirements
  • 0-2 years of experience in a professional design capacity.
  • Strong sense for visual storytelling and branching narratives.
  • Ability to work side-by-side with art, systems design, narrative design and animation on your areas.
  • Good understanding of 3D spaces with respect to first person shooters.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Highly collaborative and willingness to act on constructive feedback.
  • Self-motivated and problem-solving skills.
Pluses
  • A degree in Game Design or an applicable field.
  • Prior game development experience in Unreal Engine 4.
  • Experience working in a small team setting.
  • Previous RPG development experience.
  • A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games or tabletop role playing.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Obsidian is hiring for a bunch of new jobs!

https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/

Junior Area Designer
Obsidian is looking for a Junior Area Designer with a talent for creating engaging content for role playing games.

Responsibilities
  • Plan, research, document, and pitch designs for gameplay spaces within the constraints given to you.
  • Generate and maintain documentation that clearly demonstrates what is engaging with your content.
  • Implement designs utilizing a suite of proprietary and Unreal Engine 4 level creation tools.
  • Playtest and iterate continually on your designs based on feedback from your fellow developers.
  • Be a strong advocate for the player and offer feedback to other developers to this end.
  • Take content from paper design to shipped product.
Requirements
  • 0-2 years of experience in a professional design capacity.
  • Strong sense for visual storytelling and branching narratives.
  • Ability to work side-by-side with art, systems design, narrative design and animation on your areas.
  • Good understanding of 3D spaces with respect to first person shooters.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Highly collaborative and willingness to act on constructive feedback.
  • Self-motivated and problem-solving skills.
Pluses
  • A degree in Game Design or an applicable field.
  • Prior game development experience in Unreal Engine 4.
  • Experience working in a small team setting.
  • Previous RPG development experience.
  • A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games or tabletop role playing.

Possible OW DLC?

Flou

Arbiter

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
She is still a junior narrative designer after all.

I think she just didn't update her title.

But I agree that it seems like a smaller title.

(There's also Matt Hansen, who did various 2D art including the watercolor portraits for Deadfire, is now Art Director on something. Maybe on the same project?)

Prime Junta

I find it depressing that "A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games or tabletop role playing" is listed as a plus, not a requirement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom