Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Hopefully this means Josh is finally making his Darklands like game.

Darklands game which is really dark and horrific with f(v)ampyres, creatures of the night, spirits, ghosts, succubuses but no gods this time, real of fake. Maybe some old ones.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Nope. Several Obsidian employees referred to Backspace as Vermont back in 2011, but it seems that since then Tyranny took that codename. Maybe because Backspace never really took off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking Project Rhode Island might have been Obsidian's cancelled Deus Ex: Human Revolution sequel, which is why Anthony Davis couldn't talk about it yet back in 2015. Who knows though.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I was thinking Rhode Island might have been Obsidian's Deus Ex: Human Revolution sequel, which is why Anthony Davis couldn't talk about it yet back in 2015.
But Obsidian wasn't doing the sequel by itself, they were only helping Eidos Montreal with a bunch of levels. Then again, maybe those levels were so expensive that they were using a state as the codename for the project.

Edit: Infinitron

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDN-5QjGGKnQa4Bycmtn3AVtb-c9UfSqPmYQhzHlaVI/edit

Also, should probably say it on Mankind Divided: They weren't asking us to do all the content for the game, we were going to be asked to build a % of the game's levels with them, so please don't consider it as "hey, Obsidian could have done DX: MD." (Also, the writer, Mary DeMarle, Homeworld and DXHR is an amazing writer, so there wouldn't have been any need for writer resources, imo) - Anyway, as simple as the contract was, and as much as we needed income, Feargus could not get the deal signed despite how much we needed work to stay afloat.

Reading the quote again, it seems that Obsidian never started work on this, so it wouldn't have gotten a codename anyway.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Will they announce Pillars of Eternity 3: No Truce with the Furious Woedica, a game where player will chase reborn rogue goddess Woedica across mountains and seas for some vague reason ?

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Will they announce Pillars of Eternity 3: No Truce with the Furious Woedica, a game where player will chase reborn rogue goddess Woedica across mountains and seas for some vague reason ?
If a hypothetical Pillars 3 is designed to have turn-based combat from the start it probably will be pretty great. I can't imagine they'd actually get approval for a Deadfire sequel though unless it suddenly sold really well in the last six months

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect Cass had to be made older to fit with the Fallout 2 timeline (her father).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I suspect Cass had to be made older to fit with the Fallout 2 timeline (her father).
I am happy that all that whoring in fallout 2 gifted me with a son. Shame that he is a faggy artist tho. Now i do hope that it is no the only one. Hmm i fucked a decent amount of other people's women so maybe some don't even know that they are mine.

5To_tWJFLpNo2Tm_DtTcQTSQW38h7YFJb9oW6g29cr0.jpg

Cael

Arcane
I am happy that all that whoring in fallout 2 gifted me with a son. Shame that he is a faggy artist tho. Now i do hope that it is no the only one. Hmm i fucked a decent amount of other people's women so maybe some don't even know that they are mine.

5To_tWJFLpNo2Tm_DtTcQTSQW38h7YFJb9oW6g29cr0.jpg
The problem with New Reno is that you can't really get a good result out of the whole mess. I think the best you can do is basically fail the SAD quest by releasing the virus and wipe out everyone else. I would have loved to have an ending where if you:

1. Activated SkyNet's body, and
2. Asked SkyNet via dialogue to keep everyone else out (it is still resident in the mainframe; it just has a mobile body it can control now), and
3. Returned to whathisname with some SAD weaponry and tell him you'd take care of things (you don't give the weapons to him), and
4. The other three gang leaders are dead.

You get an ending slide where New Reno has a chance to sort itself out with the drunk priest playing a role in reforming people (mainly because the main sources of guns and drugs are gone). Instead, you get several flavours of someone taking over the town via gunfire and explosions...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Eh? Bruce Isaac is specifically hiding from The Chosen One's son who's the new Mr. Bishop.

You don't know Mr. Bishop. He's not like the other bosses up there. He knows the Wasteland like the back of his hand, and he likes to wander it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Windows 7 is EOL in 6 months and their tool is apparently still using Aero.
TBF, why would you want your business environment infested with Win10? Sure, there's the forced DX compatibility, which is essentially a bit that MS refuses to switch over to enable w7 cross-compatibility, but other than that you're looking at Cortana BS, and an across-the-board reduction in functionality for people that use keyboards and monitors, i.e. the core enterprise user. MS chased the Apple user with W10, but forget that MAC OS is horrendous in an enterprise environment and that Windows sysadmins were used to a functional interface and the foundational elements of Windows that made it usable in an enterprise environment. Not a Metro tile UI and Windows-as-a-service app marketplace for the OS.

Win10 is a cancerous chimera.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom